• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2mzw5xz.jpg

Jose Quilabaqui, 40, and Carlos Quizhpi, 53, have been charged with felony kidnapping for allegedly keeping Quilabaqui's son prisoner in a basement for a week.​
Two Chicago men kept a 15-year-old boy handcuffed in a locked basement for days while they beat him, lashed him with a garden hose and doused him with buckets of ice water
[...]
Cops said Jose Quilabaqui, 40, and Carlos Quizhpi, 53, handcuffed Quilabaqui's son to a table in the basement of a building on West Lawrence St. on Chicago's northwest side for a week before the boy escaped Monday
[...]
One relative said Quilabaqui was trying to teach the boy a lesson after he caught him hanging out with local gangbangers.

"My uncle, to protect him, he did what he could to prevent him from going out at night and avoid him dying out in the street," Diana Bermeo, the boy's cousin
[...]
She added, "They just tried to do something right for him, to protect him. But it all came out wrong."
"It's all over the newspapers that he's the monster. But he's not. He just tried to protect his own kid,"
[..]
Police said the ordeal began on June 15 after Quizhpi, who is boy's godfather, called Quilabaqui to say the kid stole money from him.
[...]
Quizhpi lured the boy to the barbershop he runs, where the two older men cuffed him and forced him into the basement.

He slept alone there for the next week
[...]
Over the course of that time, cops said, the duo repeatedly beat him, forced him to strip down, threw ice cold water on him and made him beg for forgiveness while they lashed him with a belt and a hose,
[...]
The boy managed to escape the makeshift prison on Monday with the help of a handyman, who removed the screws from a bolted-shut door
[...]
Quilabaqui and Quizhpi were charged with felony kidnapping on Thursday.

Their bond was to be set during a hearing on Friday.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...t-torture-chamber-week-cops-article-1.1846699
2lb0n5.jpg

Diana Bermeo, the boy's cousin, said the older men were trying to discipline the boy and keep him from hanging out with a bad crowd.​
Two men have been charged with kidnapping after a bizarre incident on the Northwest Side.
[...]
reports a 15-year-old boy told police he was held captive in the basement of an Avondale business for a week by his father and godfather.

The door to the basement of that business was boarded up
[...]
Police said the boy was held in the basement for a week; handcuffed to a table saw, and regularly beaten with a belt.

Police found evidence linking the boy’s father, 40-year-old Jose Quilambaqui, and godfather, 53-year-old Carlos Quizhpi, to the crime. Both men have been charged with kidnapping.
[...]
The boy was recovering at his brother’s house on Friday.
[...]
police arrived at the house, the boy was taken to the hospital, where he was treated for injuries that included bruises to his upper thighs.

Quilambaqui and Quizhpi were arrested after police found evidence linking them to the abuse. On Thursday, they appeared in court, where a judge set their bond at $90,000 each. They face up to 15 years in prison if convicted.
[...]
on June 15, the boy stole money from his godfather, who contacted the boy’s father.

The next day, Quizhpi allegedly brought the boy to his barber shop, handcuffed the boy’s arms behind his back, and forced him to sleep in the basement. The boy allegedly was left without shoes or socks.
[...]
Quizhpi allegedly forced the boy to strip down to his underwear, and sprayed him with a hose, then forced him to wash himself with a bar of soap.

Quizhpi and Quilambaqui allegedly forced the boy to kneel and beg for forgiveness while they beat him with a belt.

The boy allegedly spent the day working for his godfather, before he was handcuffed again for the night.
[...]
Quizhpi and Quilambaqui allegedly dumped buckets of ice water on the boy, struck him with a belt, forced him to work in the barber shop, and handcuffed him to the table saw in the basement each night.

Prosecutors said a person who worked for Quizhpi as a contractor and handyman helped the boy escape
[...]
through the back door of the barber shop, which had been screwed shut. That worker took the boy to his house, and then the worker and his girlfriend took the boy to a co-worker’s house
[...]
A longtime employee, however, said the allegations are false.

“I really hope that everything gets cleared out, and the truth really comes out,
[...]
The woman, who asked to remain anonymous, said she knows Quilambaqui and Quizhpi, and they are not the monsters prosecutors have made them out to be.

“The two men that are accused; they’re very well- known as respecting, loving people. This whole community knows them. They help out a lot,”
[...]
She said any actions they took against the boy – who she also knows – were made out of desperation and love.

“They were just trying to help out the boy stay away from drugs, from gangs, many other problems he was headed towards – stealing. He was robbing,”
[...]
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/06/27/police-boy-held-beaten-for-a-week-by-father-and-godfather/

“They were just trying to help out the boy stay away from drugs, from gangs, many other problems he was headed towards – stealing. He was robbing,”
[...]

So they beat him. I understand the desperation to keep your child on the right path, but you can't do worse things to the kids than they were doing themselves! This is the sort of thing that just pushes the kids toward unsavory characters to get away from the beatings!

I do believe their intent was good and they want to keep him out of trouble...but they should have gone about it differently. I believe they know that now!
Really?
Tying him naked to a table and beating him was doing the right thing?

These two fucks ARE monsters!

After raising 2 sons in Southern Calif. I know the frustration of trying to keep them away from certain kids and the worry of gang activity. While I know what they did was wrong, I also understand why they did it. Lacking the resources and knowledge on what the right thing to do is, their worry and frustration was the motivator. Sad for all concerned.

Something tells me that this form of "discipline" may be one of the fastest ways to push your child into the waiting arms of the wrong crowd since thye will now be searching for accpetance, protection and love.

im worried my son might fall in with a bad crowd...but i couldnt imagine torturing him to straighten him up...seems like that would cause more harm than good..

Back