• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Man convicted of killing young boy gets 200-year minimum prison sentence
HONOLULU

The Hawaii Paroling Authority has written the final chapter in the prosecution of one of the most shocking murder cases in Hawaii in recent years.

The panel on Wednesday set a 200-year minimum term for a Honolulu man convicted of killing a 23-month-old boy. Matthew Higa, 25, can ask for a reduction in his prison term after serving a third of the minimum sentence, meaning he would be about 90 years old.

Higa was sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole in May for the 2008 death of young Cyrus Belt.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/2...-young-boy-gets-year-minimum-prison-sentence/

2mzzf40.jpg

Do you guys rember this case

Yeah I remember the case. It makes me sick and it I had my way I would feed Higa to the sharks.

All the justice that can be had in this world for little Cyrus is about had. May there be more in the next life.

Oh, thank God... He'll never be out to harm another innocent again. What a disgusting case from beginning to end; the little boy was the only shining light in this whole thing. The fact that meth is so rampant there is truly pathetic. After reading this, I no longer have any interest in vacationing there.

The description from the truck driver and explanation afterwards made me just gasp in horror and slap my hands over my mouth... I can NOT wrap my mind around that, and can imagine that that poor truck driver still relives that.

He has said his client is not guilty of murder because Belt was already dead when he plunged off the overpass.
The FUCK??? Excuse me??? "He's not guilty of murder because he already killed the kid"??????? Revolting. :rant:

Court affirms conviction of man who threw tot onto H-1 freeway
The state appeals court affirmed today the murder conviction of Matthew Higa for tossing 23-month-old Cyrus Belt from the Miller Street overpass of the H-1 freeway four years ago.

In a unanimous decision, the three-judge panel rejected Higa's appeal, including his contention that the prosecution failed to prove the child was alive when he was thrown from the overpass.

Circuit Judge Dexter Del Rosario found Higa guilty of second-degree murder for causing Belt's death Jan. 17, 2008. The judge sentenced him to a prison term of 15 years to life in prison. In 2010, the Hawaii Paroling Authority ruled that Higa must serve at least 200 years in prison before he can be released on parole.

In its 32-page ruling, the appeals panel said it was undisputed that Higa was on drugs.

Higa, 26, admitted after his arrest he was a chronic crystal methamphetamine user.
http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/138443489.html?id=138443489

Back