• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A child sex slave in Nashville is behind bars for killing the man who used her.

Cyntoia Brown was physically, sexually and verbally abused.

The Department of Corrections declined WZTV's request to interview her, but Filmmaker Dan Birman shared video from his seven years documenting Cyntoia Brown's case.

In the film, Brown explains her abuse and how it made her paranoid.

Brown is convicted of murder for killing a Nashville realtor who'd bought her for sex.

“She was picked up by a 43 year old man.” Birman said. “Cyntoia was 16 years old.”

Birman's documentary gave voice to her childhood horror.

“We started the conversation, this is a young girl who's at the tail end of three generations of violence against women,” Birman said.

Cyntoia, her grandmother, and mother were all raped.

“She had no chance,” Birman added.

In her 2004 trial, Brown explains how there was always a gun being pointed at her. She was being hit, choked and dragged. Derri Smith, the Founder of End Slavery TN, shares the perspective.

“She did kill someone, she deeply regrets it, but she was a child and she was being exploited,” Smith said.

Also in her trial, Brown testified she was fearful of the man, 'Mr. Allen,' who’d picked her up.

“He was a sharp shooter in the Army. I'm sitting here thinking if he does something, what am I going to do?” - Cyntonia

Further affecting impulse control, her mother testified drinking at least a fifth a day while pregnant. On appeal, her attorneys were able to show she suffered from Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder which affected her brain and showed up on medical brain scans.

“She was being sex trafficked. The pimp's name was Kutthroat.” - Kathryn Sinback, Davidson Co. Juvenile Court Administrator

The jury sentenced Brown under the law at the time giving her life in prison. She’d only be eligible for parole after serving 51 years. She would be 67.

Birman's film on Cyntoia helped change Tennessee law for children like her in 2011. Now, anyone 18 or younger can't even be charged with prostitution.

“[There's] no such thing as a child prostitute or a teen prostitute, I think we've had to have a cultural mind shift,” Smith said.

If Brown's case were heard today, the court would treat her as a child human trafficking victim.

There are now plenty who want her set free. It’s a very dedicated group of people working on a clemency campaign for Cyntoia. They want the Governor and the Parole Board to really look at the unique factors of her case. Unique factors like the work she's done behind bars for years, long before anyone floated the idea of clemency.

Fox 17 was provided Cyntonia's graduation pictures from Lipscomb University for an Associates Degree. She's now working on her Bachelors while working side by side with the courts and the Juvenile Justice system as an unpaid consultant. She’s a friend of the system.

“I myself can create opportunities to help people [behind bars],” Brown said.

Brown is hoping for a second chance.

"She has used her experience to be able to make things better, juvenile justice, human trafficking and safety and security for youth and so I think what she has to offer is invaluable," Sickback said.
http://wpde.com/news/nation-world/child-sex-slave-in-nashville-prison-for-killing-man-who-used-her

She was 16, picked up by a man in his 40's for sex.
He got what he deserved for being a damned pervert.
Thinking Roy Moore parallels in this.

In my 40's I couldn't even think of being with a woman under 25.
Every sick prick that does this should be gunned down.

Her release is really a no brainer.
She has served time for a crime of murder,
but in this case there actually ARE extenuating circumstances that should have had her free some time ago.

I don't know ...she's pretty smart Not all kids born in that kind of life commits murder
I do want to give her a break but one the other hand she had choices even at 16
So let's spilt down middle she serves a smaller amount of time
Takes reg drug/ ahcolo. tests to be drug free
Gets counceling and get a IUD or what ever now is available .
She commits one more crime,she goes back in to serve her full sentance
Give her one more chance ,,,,maybe?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/07/us/cyntoia-brown-prison-release/index.html
A woman who was 16 when she killed a Nashville man who solicited her for sex must serve at least 51 years in prison before she's eligible for release, according to the Tennessee Supreme Court.

On Thursday the court said defendants like Cyntoia Brown, who are convicted of first-degree murder committed after July 1, 1995 and sentenced to life imprisonment, can't become eligible for release from prison before serving more than five decades.

The court's five justices were unanimous in their decision against Brown, who was convicted of killing a 43-year-old man in 2004 when he took her to his house for sex. Brown has said she killed him after she feared he would kill her.

Thursday's ruling came in response to a lawsuit in which Brown argues her sentence is unconstitutional, citing a 2012 opinion by the US Supreme Court that said mandatory life sentences without parole for juvenile offenders violate the US Constitution.

The Tennessee Supreme Court explained in a statement that "under state law, a life sentence is a determinate sentence of 60 years. However, the sixty-year sentence can be reduced by up to 15 percent, or 9 years, by earning various sentence credits."

According to the Tennessee code, those credits include recognition for good behavior or participation in educational or vocational training programs

A district court previously denied Brown's motion, per court documents, pointing out she hadn't been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole -- just a life sentence.
[....]
In a clemency hearing in May, the Tennessee Board of Parole was split on its recommendation to Gov. Bill Haslam. Two of the six member voted to grant clemency, two to deny it, and two to make her eligible for parole after 25 years.

Prosecutors at that hearing said Brown killed Allan to rob him, not to defend herself.

The case is pending judgment by the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, which asked the Tennessee Supreme Court to share its opinion.

I believe the prosecutor ... that she intended to rob him. Like I know she wants us to believe her victim was a threat ... and intimidating and that she was scared but I don't quite believe it because he's also dead. Its easy for girls to get out of bad tricks ... you walk to your hand bag ... you take out the money he gave you ... you give it back, or at least half of it ... and then you leave .. no one dies. Unless your life is genuinely in danger ... it really is that simple.

The Tennessean reports that Tennessee Governor Bill Haslan has granted clemency to Cyntoia Brown and ordered her early release from prison, where she has served 14 years of a 51-year sentence for the murder of 43-year-old Johnny Allen

Brown’s sentence will reportedly be commuted to parole, and she will be eligible for release on August 7. She will remain on parole for 10 years and will be required to perform community service and obtain work.

Brown, who was tried as an adult, has claimed she was forced into prostitution and believed her life was in danger when she fatally shot Allen. Her case has gained international attention and her prison sentence has widely been viewed as an injustice, given the circumstances of the killing and her age at the time.

“Cyntoia Brown committed, by her own admission, a horrific crime at the age of 16,” Haslam said in a statement obtained by the Tennessean.

“Yet, imposing a life sentence on a juvenile that would require her to serve at least 51 years before even being eligible for parole consideration is too harsh, especially in light of the extraordinary steps Ms. Brown has taken to rebuild her life.”

Brown also issued a statement through her lawyers, in which she thanked the governor “for your act of mercy in giving me a second chance. I will do everything I can to justify your faith in me.”

“With God’s help, I am committed to live the rest of my life helping others, especially young people,” the statement continues. “My hope is to help other young girls avoid ending up where I have been.”
https://www.crimeonline.com/2019/01...k6CTn59pNLNcPHw7guU0EMUzx2sTjwx0Av9BiWzpxcI10

I don't believe she was completely innocent yet at the same time I also don't think she stood a chance seeing where she came from. The time she ended up spending gave her the opportunity to better herself and break the cycle so to speak. Hopefully she will use what she was given for the good!

Disgusting.

Little hood rat bitch misled the victim regarding her age, brought a gun with her with the full intent to murder and rob him. This was premeditated 100%. This rotten whore belongs in a cage till she dies. Fucking vile miscarrage of justice.

Cyntonia Brown, a former teenage sex-trafficking victim who was serving a life sentence for a 2004 murder before she was granted clemency earlier this year, will walk free from a Tennessee prison next week.
Brown, 31, who has been locked up for half her life, was 16 years old when she fatally shot 43-year-old Johnny Mitchell Allen, a real estate agent who had hired her as a prostitute.
In January, Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam granted Brown clemency.
She is slated to be released from the Tennessee Prison for Women on Aug. 7.

THis makes me fucking sick

If you agree with this, you HATE crime victims. This can not be argued. Fucking scum, all of you
Post automatically merged:

Oh please he BOUGHT her as a sex slave! She should’ve been given a medal for killing him.

Prostitute =/= sex slave

Some dudes just want some dirty, disgusting sex. Not every john is some sociopathic monster looking to hurt women nad lock em up in his basement.

I suppose you think aileen weurnos shoulda been given a pat on the back too?

It sucks this evil bitch was forced into prostitution, and of course it's especially vile she was forced into it as a child. But that doesnt excuse her when it comes to the planned, deliberate, cold blooded, callous slaughtering of an unexpecting random dude who had no idea what her history or age was. Lets keep in mind she didnt do this for self defense, she didnt do this from some wigged out PTSD battered woman nonsense. The motive here was robbery, simple as that. She wanted to rob this dude so she shot him dead.

Bitch should die in a cage.

Last edited:
Back