• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Teleute

Justice Democrat
Cynthia Nixon's campaign last week insisted that the venue for her debate Wednesday with New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo be heated to a balmy 76 degrees.

The demand was made in an email to the debate host, WCBS-TV, by a top strategist for Nixon, Rebecca Katz.

Katz wrote that working conditions are “notoriously sexist when it comes to room temperature, so we just want to make sure we’re all on the same page here,” The New York Times reported Tuesday based on a copy of the email it obtained.
While room temperature has long been on the frontline in the battle of the sexes, the era of President Donald Trump has seen women demand increased recognition of their interests, including a record number of female candidates vying for elected office. Such efforts have already yielded successes, such as increased awareness of sexual assault and harassment.
However, some people have worried aloud that masculinity itself is under attack.
https://www.pluralist.com/posts/191...ebate-cold-work-temps-are-notoriously-sexist/

70 is and always will be what room temperature is.

If we do not stick to that, every single recipe that calls for room temperature butter, eggs or milk/ buttermilk will have to be rewritten.

Leave shit alone. If you're cold, put on a sweater. But not a tight one because then you'll look slutty. We don't want to hear about you feeling objectified.

I don't know any women who would be comfortable with the temp set at 76. I'm sure there are some out there, but I think it is a minority. Plus, the room will be crowded and there will be lights set up for the broadcast. It will end up being an oven in that room.

I'm a woman, and 76 is way too fucking hot for me to be comfy.
I may not be a woman, but I Agee

If you don’t identify as a woman, you’re not allowed to agree with her. As a member of the Patriarchy, you’re not even allowed to comment on this thread.

In fact, you’re not even allowed to form an opinion about this thread. Or hold any HVAC preferences whatsoever.

Unless you choose to identify as a woman.

Which you are of course free to do at any time.

Leave shit alone. If you're cold, put on a sweater. But not a tight one because then you'll look slutty. We don't want to hear about you feeling objectified.

Now you’re slut-shaming! :eek:
...or are you actually objectifying woman? :confused:

:bookworm::bookworm::bookworm::bookworm::bookworm:

Well, whatever it is that you did just there, I find it horribly offensive. :eek:

the era of President Donald Trump has seen women demand increased recognition of their interests, including a record number of female candidates vying for elected office.
Based on the superficial demands and whining and reaching for offense of this type of -uh - person who identifies as female, I would say there isn't enough inequality left to worry about.
If room temperature becomes a news item, there is little of substance to fight over. If she can't handle a debate in a slightly uncomfortable venue how can she handle the stress of political office?
I am woman, I am strong and independent. And I demand special treatment!

As a woman who's worked in an office, office dress codes are more warm-clothing friendly. Cardigans, sweaters, tights for skirt or dress days... even if you think they're deliberately keeping it cold to see nipples or something, which would be sexist although extremely hard to prove, padded bras are a thing y'know?

even if you think they're deliberately keeping it cold to see nipples or something

This can't be what women think men are like, surely. Does anyone really think we sit around scheming and planning in order to have the chance to possibly see a nipple through multiple layers of clothing?

Last edited:
64 and not one degree more!
I always run hot.
I sleep with a window open in winter and drive with the windows open.

She is off her rocker loving that kinda heat!
Let her campaign in Mississippi or KKKalifornia...that kind of Liberal heat promotion has no place in a political forum with States that enjoy 4 distinctive seasons
:yuck::yuck::yuck:

Back