• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

Following a dispute in the drive-thru lane of a Burger King, a Florida teenager yesterday walked into the restaurant and threw a cup of scalding coffee on a fast food worker who suffered burns on her face, hands, and arms, police report.

According to an arrest affidavit, Anastasia Lantier, 18, entered the Burger King around 10:20 AM “due to an issue at the drive through.” Once inside the Seminole restaurant, Lantier got into a “verbal altercation” with Cynthia Crumb, a 21-year-old restaurant employee.

During that argument, Lantier (seen at right) allegedly “grabbed a coffee cup that was sitting on the counter” and threw it at Crumb. The coffee--which cops measured at 250 degrees--“splashed all over” Crumb, “burning the victim on her face and hands/arms.”

During an ensuing physical altercation, Lantier scratched Crumb, while the worker bit and scratched Lantier. With her mother in tow, Lantier left the Burger King before police arrived.

The teenager was subsequently questioned by cops at her St. Petersburg home. Lantier initially admitted to grabbing the cup, but claimed she “did not know what was in the coffee cup or what she was going to do with it.” She subsequently “admitted to grabbing the cup with the intention of throwing it in the general direction of the victim,” police reported.

Lantier was arrested on a felony aggravated battery charge for “causing great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement” to Crumb, seen at left. The injuries to Crumb, a mother of two small children, are not described in cou

The police report does in fact specify 250 degrees F, but cops aren't exactly known for intelligence so that's not surprising.

Not sure how they said that cops measured the temperature of the coffee that had already spilled all over the victim. Are we pretending they carry thermometers in their detective kits now? Ones that can go back in time too!

The coffee that actually gave horrific burns to the McDonald's lawsuit lady back in the day was about 180-190 degrees. The report for this one says the burns involved "swelling" which would hurt like a bitch because even minor burns suck balls, but the charges are a wee bit excessive for that for simply swollen burns. So this was probably only 150 degree coffee, likely won't cause scarring, and involved a $10,000 bond for release for throwing a cup of coffee. :rolleyes:

Whatever, she sounds like a raging bitch anyway. She'll get arrested again in the future for sure. Good riddance.

I smell the rarified air of entitlement all over this chick... For the record, my Mom would have gotten a second cup of coffee and thrown it at me! She certainly wouldn't be standing there doing nothing... :facepalm:

Back