• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Athena

Buzzkill.
Are Curvy Women More Intelligent? (I'd like to think so... :p)

Researchers at the University of Pittsburgh and the University of California at Santa Barbara looked at data from a study of more than 16,000 women and girls from 1988 to 1994 that detailed their body measurements, as well as their education level and their scores on various cognitive tests.

What they report is that women with waists that were about 70 percent of the diameter of their hips scored slightly better on intelligence tests and tended to have a slightly higher level of education than women with a higher waist-to-hip ratio, or WHR.

The study was published in the journal of Evolution and Human Behavior.

"Controlling for other correlates of cognitive ability, women with lower WHRs and their children have significantly higher cognitive test scores," the study authors note in the article.

And the study authors also said that men, whether they know it or not, tend to prefer mates with a lower waist-to-hip ratio because of this advantage.

This report says some strange things: Curvy women are smarter because the fat stored in hips and legs is more beneficial to the brain than the fat stored in bellies, and that men prefer dumber women.

That's what I got from it, anyway. What say you?

I saw the cutoff title on the forum: "Curvy Women Are....."

And I'm sitting there going, "Please say hotter! Please say hotter!" It appears I'm shallow. :eek:

But yes, curvy women are smarter, because we are and I said so (of course, this is to make me feel better about the umpteen pounds I feel the need to lose). Some men feel threatened by women who are smarter than they are, as i'm sure you've noticed, Athena. Stupider women might be biologically seen as easier to control.

Or maybe we've got a generation of guys who have been told that Kate Moss is the shit so long they believe it. Some of what men find attractive is cultural, says smart curvy me. Heh.

I dont know if they are or not, but I DO know that intelligence turns me on in a woman. That, and a mean streak. An ambitious nature...a take no prisoners task master or sorts, that shit works for me. I love loyalty, and especially strength in a woman. My heart is hers is such a thing exists, and Ive met women with many of these qualities, but none with all. Sigh.

I saw the cutoff title on the forum: "Curvy Women Are....."

And I'm sitting there going, "Please say hotter! Please say hotter!" It appears I'm shallow. :eek:

But yes, curvy women are smarter, because we are and I said so (of course, this is to make me feel better about the umpteen pounds I feel the need to lose). Some men feel threatened by women who are smarter than they are, as i'm sure you've noticed, Athena. Stupider women might be biologically seen as easier to control.

Or maybe we've got a generation of guys who have been told that Kate Moss is the shit so long they believe it. Some of what men find attractive is cultural, says smart curvy me. Heh.

lol...I would argue hotter. I've barely been single a day in my adult life. Not too bad for a girl with a sharp HWR. ;)

I agree with the cultural analysis, though. I think that has much more to do with who men choose than some biological hardwiring regarding HWRs. I think that certainly determines when and why men sometimes opt for less intelligent women. A smart woman would be biologically advantageous, but culturally, men are taught to be dominant. Well, if you can't hit 'em and they're allowed to pull in just as much money as you, that doesn't leave many areas for domination.

Wooo--hooooo!

I KNEW there was reason not to diet! Hey- does my belly fat cancel out the big hips????????

I agree with the cultural analysis, though. I think that has much more to do with who men choose than some biological hardwiring regarding HWRs. I think that certainly determines when and why men sometimes opt for less intelligent women. A smart woman would be biologically advantageous, but culturally, men are taught to be dominant. Well, if you can't hit 'em and they're allowed to pull in just as much money as you, that doesn't leave many areas for domination.

I'd have to agree that culture certainly effects what men find attractive. When we're inundated with enough airbrushed and photo shopped images, and told over and over again that these women are attractive, eventually men will begin to believe it.
Guys who use their upper brain though (as opposed to the one between their legs) know that even the "hottest" of these women don't look like these images in real life.
Some of us even learn that no amount of skinny makes up for a total lack of brains in a long term companion.
Could be that intelligent women are less likely to be brainwashed into thinking that they've got to starve themselves into a heroin-chic physique to be attractive. They're smarter than that, and secure enough to tell men who only want 36-24-36 that they can go back to fucking themselves.
Now that's sexy!

This report says some strange things: Curvy women are smarter because the fat stored in hips and legs is more beneficial to the brain than the fat stored in bellies, and that men prefer dumber women.
This woman should be a genius then.

really_fat_chick.jpg

lol...I would argue hotter. I've barely been single a day in my adult life. Not too bad for a girl with a sharp HWR. ;)

Correlation or causation. It seems that "studies" always seem to get the two confused. Personally, I think, regardless of HWR, intelligence in a woman is extremely hot. There's just no two ways about it. And it's interesting you pointed out the fact that men are encouraged to be dominate, as it is what we notice quite a bit. I happen to be of the belief that dominance is not necessarily absent when presented with a woman who is as intelligent as, or more, than the man. That being said, "dominance" is not necessarily a bad thing.

Natural order has always generally been that women are, for lack of a better word, dominated by men. How one chooses to look at it determines the connotation, however. What some consider "dominance" is merely a reflection of old societal values. Women that stay at home and take care of the house and kids while the husband works are often seen as inferior. But are they really? Is there anything wrong with a woman who chooses to be in that situation? In my view, it does not demean the woman in any respect. Nothing says that a woman in that position is any less intelligent than her husband simply because he is the one "paying the bills." They both provide to the household and relationship, and neither is really more important than the other. Hell, I'm all for that. :)

Hmmmm...

You know, I've addressed the "stay-at-home-mother as gender traitor" issue in one of the threads around here somewhere...Probably my diversity thread in the Three Things section. I distrust the diversity movement because it parallels feminism in so many ways. We've seen how feminism has been corrupted and twisted to serve corrosive values - today's stigma surrounding SATMs is my favorite example. :)

Hmmmm...

You know, I've addressed the "stay-at-home-mother as gender traitor" issue in one of the threads around here somewhere...Probably my diversity thread in the Three Things section. I distrust the diversity movement because it parallels feminism in so many ways. We've seen how feminism has been corrupted and twisted to serve corrosive values - today's stigma surrounding SATMs is my favorite example. :)

That's all well and good, but you couldnt put dinner on could you?
Thanks.

Hmmmm...

As I said, women with intelligence are hott! :)

Any time one group tries to force equality they, instead, end up becoming a catalyst to the creation of legislation or stigmas that hurt others. From the women that catch hell from feminists for their decision to stay home and raise a family to the affirmative action debacle that we deal with in college admissions and public service job openings. All that is being done is a transfer of the inequality from one group to another. Everyone is born equal, but forcing one to treat everyone as equals will always backfire.

Last edited:
This woman should be a genius then.

Damn, that is so sad looking, I am waiting for her heart to explode.

Man, the thread says curvy women, not morbidly obese, holy shit. I have taken care of a couple of patients this obese and there is nothing genius about all that. I think I threw up a little in my mouth when I realized her tit was poking out of her dress. But damn, I do feel skinny as fuck, now. I mean I should go eat something. :D

what a welcome for the newest noob to the forums...give him nightmares, or in my case, daymares for a week. I really would be a skinny white guy if she ever fell on me..

Welcome to the site, Fliper! I apologise for indirectly imposing such a sight on you. I should have known that any thread dealing with womens' shape would provoke such a post from CPL. :D

Back