• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

FrayedKnot

Chupacabra
1569495525475.jpeg

From 2018:

Curtis Bagley, 38, had been out of prison for six days when he wedged himself behind a barrier outside a downtown Phoenix newspaper office.

“I see dead people, and they are going to kill me!” Bagley screamed, reported The Arizona Republic, where the incident took place at 10:30 p.m. March 23. Five Phoenix Police Department officers took Bagley into custody and took him to an urgent psychiatric care facility, spokesman Sgt. Jonathan Howard told the publication.

About 1 a.m. Saturday, eight days later, police say they found Bagley covered in blood on the front lawn of a home in central Phoenix with a bloody kitchen knife on the grass nearby, reported KSAZ. Inside, police found Joshua Fitzpatrick, 36, dying of stab wounds. Officers said Bagley laughed and sang a country song as they arrested him.

But wait! There’s more.....

First, Bagley’s assigned behavioral health provider lost track of him mere hours after his release from prison. Then a sequence of communication breakdowns prevented doctors and law enforcement from returning him to the correct clinic. Instead, they released him back onto the streets, where meth and mental illness ravaged his mind.

It was during that period, each attorney has argued, that the behavioral health care system serving Maricopa County could’ve stopped Bagley’s spiral.

And for the piece de resistance:

Last edited:
Back