• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Another interesting article from ghosttruck.

[....]
full

Mountain House Farm, a beautiful 33-acre retreat in New York, has been offering wellness sessions with horses to guests for the past nine years, but recently added cow cuddling on the menu as well. Suzanne Vullers, a Netherlands native who runs the farm with her husband, brought two cows back with her from a visit to her home country, after learning about the hearing about the health benefits of cuddling with cows. The practice has really taken off as a form of stress relief therapy in European countries like Switzerland and the Netherlands, and Vullers was surprised that it was relatively unknown in the US. So she brought Bonnie and Bella to join their friendly horses and help visitors relax as part of what Mountain House Farm calls the “Horse & Cow experience”.

“To be honest, we did not know that it was so unknown in the US,” Vullers told CNN. “A lot of people are familiar with therapy dogs or cats … people don’t associate this with larger animals, like cows.”

But it turns out the cows’ slightly slower heart rate and their generally peaceful demeanor really has a way of relaxing people around them. Suzanne claims that just feeling their slower heart rate as you cuddle with them makes you slow down as well, and because everything is very quiet, it gives you a wonderful opportunity to connect with them.

Mountain House Farm offers just one or two cow cuddling sessions per day, which they usually limit to around two people. The experience is currently priced at $75 per hour, but allegedly helps people “stay healthy, mentally and physically”. The owners emphasize that their farm is not a petting zoo and that visitors wanting to take part in the Horse & Cow experience have to consider both themselves and the animals. So every cuddling session is scheduled ahead of time in a way that does not interfere with the cows’ natural rhythm.
[....]

There are some cute photos at the link with people on the ground holding the cows. I just didn't have time to upload more.

When I was in high school the 4H club had a cow on school grounds, and we used to go see it and give it pets when we could sneak away from gym class or wherever.

It was super friendly and was essentially like a big slobbery dog, gross wet kisses and all.

I love all animals, so I'd be down for cow cuddling, or most any other kind of mammal cuddling for that matter. :cow:

What's really dumb is bringing cuddle cows back from the Netherlands, when it's easy to find a friendly cow in the USA. But i suppose the imported cows were already trained to snuggle, so they don't have to make their own.
How does this nonsense impact their liability insurance bill? No wonder they have to charge $75/hour.

Cows stink
Cows fart
Cows moo
Not smart
Any grass not fenced they'll eat post hence
It takes a lot of grass, takes a lot of grass
To fill up a cow, they have four stomachs
Ooooh, cows stink

(To the tune of "Love Hurts")

Back