• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Another contribution by Sugar Cookie.

[....]
Tomohon Extreme Market, located on the island of Sulawesi, is well-known for cruelty towards animals including cats and dogs which are kept in small cages before being beaten to death and sold.

Norwegian Alf Jacob Nilsen, 64, visited the market and said he felt the abuse was being put on by workers as part of a twisted performance meant to lure in tourists.

The retired biologist and amateur photographer, from Hidra, Norway, said: 'I must admit I had mixed feelings being at the market - it is very hard to describe.

'Hundreds of locals were offering bush meat, dog meat, bats, chickens and fish for sale.

'It is terrible to see caged stray dogs being pulled out of their cage and hammered to death with wooden batons.

'I did get a feeling that in one way this was done almost as an attraction to lure in more tourists.

'Another aspect that worried me a lot when I was there was I believed I was seeing endangered species offered for sale such as monkeys, bats, birds, snakes and other reptiles.'

Tomohon Extreme Market used to be listed as a top tourist attraction on TripAdvisor until animal welfare campaigners complained and had it taken down.

But trade still continues there with the blessing of regional authorities, which have refused to meet with campaigners and hear out their concerns.

Among many of the disturbing offerings at the market are dogs and cats, many of which campaigners say have been stolen from owners before being illegally transported across the country to get here.

Locked in small metal cages, the animals are often forced to watch as their cage-mates are beaten to death with large pieces of wood, knowing that they are next.

Their bodies - often still moving - are then blow-torched to remove the fur before they can be sold.

Aside from animal cruelty, campaigners say markets such as Tomohon are a breeding ground for potentially fatal diseases like rabies.

Most of the photos at the link are too graphic to post, and consider this a warning before going to the link.

I couldn't use the video at the link, but here is another that is equally horrifying.

Reminds me of the puppy factories in Santa Ana. And who the fuck eats bat? I try some exotic shit but they may just be just across the border.

Back