• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
It might be time to panic: some Taco Bell restaurants are being affected by a tortilla shortage.

In response to reports of a national tortilla shortage, Taco Bell told Fox News that they are working hard to replenish the supply at affected restaurants. The company did not confirm how many stores are being affected, only saying that “some Taco Bell restaurants” have been affected.

The shortage is apparently due to an issue with the company’s supplier, according to a statement obtained by Fox News.

Meanwhile, several posts have appeared on Reddit claiming that the issue is much larger and could affect restaurants on a national scale. According to a post from someone claiming to be an employee, the company is dealing with a nationwide warehouse shortage on 10” tortillas, which are used in many of the restaurant’s offerings, including burritos, quesadillas and other similar items.

Yet another post from another user claiming to be an employee says that the shortage is expected to last through the “first couple of weeks of July” and that the company has a “goal of July 28 to be at normal stock.”

A spokesperson for Taco Bell supplied Fox News with the following statement: “While some Taco Bell restaurants are experiencing supplier shortages, we are working diligently to replenish the supply of our tortillas (used for products like quesadillas and burritos) in those restaurants and encourage fans to try the Chalupa Cravings Box in the meantime. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause and appreciate our customers’ patience.”

A Taco Bell Hotel is opening in Palm Springs and quickly sold out. I guess it has a following wtf. Amazing they sold out in the middle of summer (off season, hot as fuck).

A Taco Bell Hotel is opening in Palm Springs and quickly sold out. I guess it has a following wtf. Amazing they sold out in the middle of summer (off season, hot as fuck).

It's a pop-up hotel and it sold out entirely in like two minutes... scary! :nailbiting:

There is no fucking tortilla shortage of any sort in Texas! TB needs a new supplier.

Oooh, Texas - I miss me some Taco Bueno's menu.:hungry:

We've even got plenty of excellent tortillas available in FL grocery stores, so Taco Bell is either so full of their own mystery meat that their eyes are turning brown, or their supplier's hustling them for a price increase. ;)

Back