• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Hat tip to ghosttruck.

[....]
SWNS reports that police were called to Clarborough in Nottinghamshire this week after some residents were subjected to a two-hour standoff with the strange-looking animal.
full

Villager Mandy Marsh was woken by a “blood-curdling scream” early on Tuesday morning and her husband Dale ran outside to see a raccoon dog confronting the couple’s pet goat and pony. "He came back and he said to me 'you are going to have to come and see this, there is something in the field attacking the pony and I have absolutely no idea what it is’,” she told SWNS.

"This raccoon was absolutely crazy. It was hissing and screaming and snarling,” Marsh added. “It was going absolutely mad.”

Armed with planks of wood, it took the couple two hours to chase the angry raccoon dog away, although their pet goat was left with a sore shoulder and scratches following the animal’s attack.

The raccoon dog returned moments later to confront a dog walker outside the March’s home, according to SWNS.
[....]
Two raccoon dogs went missing from a nearby enclosure on the morning of May 28, according to Nottinghamshire Police. “The animals, which are described as being the same size of a medium-to-small-sized dog, are potentially dangerous if approached as they are not domesticated,” it added, in a statement.

Marsh said that a local wildlife tracker offered to help track the raccoon dogs and had told her that something had been attacking local animals recently.

Raccoon dogs are not raccoons, but are members of the canid, or dog family, according to the U.K.’s Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA). They are related to foxes and wolves.

“Raccoon dogs are wild animals - rather than domesticated pets,” it explains, on its website, noting that the animals pose “a highly invasive risk” to native species in Europe.

tanukis
Wait, these are real?

Among the Canidae, the raccoon dog shares the habit of regularly climbing trees only with the North American gray fox, another basal species.[3][4][5][6]

The raccoon dog is named for its superficial resemblance to the raccoon (Procyon lotor), to which it is not closely related. In Japan, it is known as the tanuki, and has a long history in folklore. In Sweden, it has been treated as a potentially hazardous invasive species.[7]

revenge for all the ones butchered alive for fur, the pass it off as imitation or something else but alot of items from China have them in them, parkas, purses, toys and keyrings

911 - "what is your emergency?"
Me - "Uh...uh there seems to be a rabid Shog, in my yard.
911- "Did you say 'shoggoth?'"
Me - "No! Shog. S-H-O-G. Sheep-dog hybrid. A rabid one."
911 - "The entire Animal Control team is tied up with a shoggoth attack in East Bend. Your shog is going to have to wait. We recommend that you stay away from it in the meantime."
Me - This day just gets worse and worse.

lol, this article say roughly the same but with soe dan good pictures they are called Tanukis

Presumably, if related to dogs, they can get rabies and distemper. It sounds like this one may have a health problem that has resulted in extraordinary aggression. I hope it was captured and put in quarantine.
no, it is a wild animals and pissed over being in a climate like Britain instead of i's normal terrain in Asia remember my theory of the pissed off Eurasian/Russian boar idiots imported to Ok & Texas. They are canine family so that includes wolves etc and they do look like racoons with long legs

Last edited:
Back