• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Alf

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A tip of the ball cap to the inimitable @Totemic

gavelhandcuffs.jpeg

Chaos erupted inside a Cincinnati courtroom on Monday as a former judge — convicted of using her position to help a family member — was dragged away to jail by a bailiff.
Tracie Hunter, once a juvenile court judge, has been fighting her 2014 conviction and sixth-month sentence for improperly passing on information to her brother in a job dispute.

And on Monday, after several appeals were exhausted, Hamilton County Common Pleas Judge Patrick Dinkelacker detailed the numerous letters and recommendations he's received, urging him to not put Hunter behind bars.

But when Dinkelacker announced that he wasn't moved and ordered Hunter to be taken into custody, the defendant's supporters shouted their disapproval. One of them was stopped and arrested as she tried to reach the defense table.

Hunter went limp and a bailiff lifted the former judge, wearing a black dress and white bolero, by her underarms and dragged her away.

The supporter, wearing a black T-shirt with the words "Justice for Judge Tracie M. Hunter," was handcuffed and taken away.

The case stems from the former judge's brother, Stephen Hunter, who worked as a youth corrections officer. Stephen Hunter allegedly struck a young offender on the job on July 7, 2013, leading to the officer's boss to recommend his firing.

Tracie Hunter improperly demanded and received documents about the teen and passed them on to her brother, prosecutors said.

This is not the first time Judge Hunter has graced the pages of the 'Demon. The last time, though, she was behind the bench instead of in front of it.

Link

--Al

Last edited by a moderator:
Wowww. I'm all for fighting corruption wherever it takes root, but it seems like most of the people who are actually punished for corruption are women of color, not the old white guys who are actually doing most of the measurable harm. She still did wrong, obviously, and she should face consequences. I just kinda wonder why we so rarely hear about white males in institutional positions of power having to face the consequences of their actions.
Oh wait I don't actually wonder. I know why. :p

Wowww. I'm all for fighting corruption wherever it takes root, but it seems like most of the people who are actually punished for corruption are women of color, not the old white guys who are actually doing most of the measurable harm. She still did wrong, obviously, and she should face consequences. I just kinda wonder why we so rarely hear about white males in institutional positions of power having to face the consequences of their actions.
Can you provide an example of a white judge who got away with similar corruption charges?

Thought this was hilarious, she does the limp

Her lawyer reaction “Everything happened too fast. My guess was she was overcome with shock,” David Singleton told The Washington Post. “I looked into her eyes, and she looked panicked.” :rolleyes:
:hilarious:
NAACP reaction “ The brutal force by which she was removed, and drug out of the courtroom, despite the fact that she did not resist, was further evidence of the egregiousness and vindictiveness of this entire case,”
:rolleyes::hilarious:
First came the conviction of former judge Tracie Hunter, then came a series of appeals that shook Ohio’s legal system for years.

And then Monday, amid screams of racial injustice from her supporters, came a sheriff’s deputy to drag a defeated and limp-bodied Hunter away from the courtroom.

Hunter, 52, was sentenced to six months in jail, convicted of a felony count of unlawful interest in a public contract, which charged that she gave confidential documents to her brother for a disciplinary hearing in his court job. That 2014 ruling was upheld in state appeals court, and in May a federal judge rejected her bid to avoid jail.
Ex-judge dragged from courtroom after sentencing amid cries of ‘no justice, no peace’

Maybe because you only see what you want to see:yawn: and I don’t wonder why:rolleyes:

Back