• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
courtney-love-joss-sackler-fashion-week-1568044540-640x427.jpg

Purdue Pharma heiress Joss Sackler tried to pay recovering opioid addict Courtney Love $100,000 to attend the Fashion Week show for her LBV line, according to emails obtained by the New York Post. Joss Sackler is married to David Sackler, whose family owns Purdue, the maker of the highly addictive painkiller OxyContin, and has been hit with billions in lawsuits over their role in the opioid crisis. The Sacklers are accused of profiting from a drug epidemic that the Centers for Disease Control says kills 46 people every day.

“I am one of the most famous reformed junkies on the planet — my husband died on heroin — What is it about me that says to Joss Sackler, ’I will sell out to you?’” Love said in a statement issued to the Post. “Well I won’t.”

Love has spoken openly about her substance abuse issues over the years, which included an addiction to OxyContin.

According to Love, Sackler’s team offered to pay her $100,000 and provide hair, makeup, car service to and from the runway show, and a dress from the LBV line made with “custom-gold thread.”

Love’s statement continued: “I never would take their money — Joss is delusional, talking about her fashion line and private members club, their ‘philanthropical arm.’ What about instead giving money to rehab facilities, paying for Narcan (a medication that counters opioid overdoses) or creating a non-addictive painkiller? This request from Joss Sackler is shameless and offensive after everything I, many of my friends, and millions of other addicts have been through with OxyContin. I’m sober, but I will always be an opioid addict, it doesn’t vanish. I will always be that, I am just in recovery. And, equally. a fashion line with 24 carat gold thread won’t ever cover up or wash away the stains on Joss Sackler and her family.”

Full Story:

Joss Sackler escalates Courtney Love with incriminating emails
The battle between OxyContin heiress Joss Sacklerand recovering opioid addict Courtney Love rages on.

After Page Six exclusively reported that Love turned down Sackler’s $100,000 offer to attend a fashion show for her line, LBV, Sackler — the wife of Purdue Pharma scion David Sackler, whose family is accused of kicking off the opioid crisis — began posting emails from Love’s publicist in which she appeared to ask Sackler for more money to show up.

But Love has countered on her own Instagram, calling Sackler an “a - - hole” and saying “I asked for a stupid ass amount — 250,000$ to donate to charities.”

She continued, “Your. People. Killed. My. People. Idiot … Come for me Sackler. With your PhD. I got no education. I ate gravel and frozen cockroaches for dessert, I was a junkie by the age of 12 and I’ll be dammed [sic] I beat your f - - king drug for now … coz I’m stupid and tough.”

Sackler’s rep tells us, “The e-mails are really straightforward and viewers should see the truth for themselves: Love’s camp wanted more money,” but we hear there was, as the Hole singer claimed, a discussion about giving the cash to charity.
https://pagesix.com/2019/09/12/joss-sackler-escalates-courtney-love-with-incriminating-emails/?_ga=2.240016896.2030950037.1568035130-87872828.1546616378

Pharma dude could afford to donate 10× that and not suffer one bit.
"Pharma dude" probably does donate that and more.

But business is business. There is a normal price for fashion show appearances and they probably didn't want to cave to demands, or everyone will do it.
It's not like there isn't another celebrity slavering to be hired for an appearance.

Last edited:
Back