• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
cat-2312.jpg

The Long Island family whose nanny stole their ailing cat to spare him from euthanization claimed Wednesday they still want the tabby back — even as court documents revealed their plans to put the pet down.

“The only thing we want is for the cat to be returned to its loving family and back with our children, where it’s been for 15 years,” Russell Berman told The Post of his family’s pet Tigger.

His plea came after Rebecca Katz appeared in Nassau County court on petit larceny charges for stealing the kitty from Berman and his wife, Julie, earlier this month, because, she said, they planned on taking it to the vet for a lethal injection.

Katz, 33, was released on conditional probation — but the judge didn’t make any ruling on the kitty, so it’s staying with her for now.

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/07/31/couple-who-wanted-to-euthanize-cat-demand-return-from-nanny-who-stole-him/

Selfish. They obviously don't want the cat, they just don't want someone else to have it? Let the aging feline live the rest of its life with someone who truly wants it. I'm throwing a bullshit flag on this: “The only thing we want is for the cat to be returned to its loving family and back with our children, where it’s been for 15 years.”

I'm reserving judgment for the moment. If the cat is seriously ill and in pain, euthanasia may be the right option, even if it's painful for the family and other people who are emotionally attached.

I've had to make that decision as a fur parent and it fucking sucks but sometimes that's the merciful thing to do.

However, the fact that the judge hasn't ordered the return of the cat may very well negate all of the above.

Karma was swift. Cops showed up at her house and arrested her husband on outstanding warrants..and took the cat and gave him back to the owners.

She's been complaining about losing her job and having to pay for the cats massive vet bills. Both situations she put herself into. Her friend started a gofundme and they use the "pity the poor cat!!" as the reason to donate..then give this little blurb:
Anything you can contribute will go straight to Rebecca to help her pay with legal fees and anything leftover will help take care of precious Tigger and all of the vet bills that Rebecca has had to pay to ensure Tigger is doing good
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-reb...6Qmk1yS88CbJ9ENe3CNzXPukuJqLkkwJy1qvoJAWmv-pI

Tigger only gets the leftovers..hows that for caring

But cops showed up at Katz’s Oceanside home Monday with an unrelated outstanding bench warrant for her husband — and then used the opportunity to take the kitty, she said.

[..]

Sanchez said the pet was then returned to original owners Russell and Julie Berman, who have claimed the feline is sick and should be put down, court documents show.

[..]

She says she’s since spent more than $1,000 on vet bills for Tigger — but denies he’s terminally ill.
https://nypost.com/2019/08/13/cat-swiped-by-li-nanny-returned-to-owners-who-wanted-to-put-it-down/

Selfish. They obviously don't want the cat, they just don't want someone else to have it? Let the aging feline live the rest of its life with someone who truly wants it.
How do you know the owners of a 15 year old cat are selfish and "obviously" don't want him?
My cat was 13 when he was put down, and he looked great, but he was in great distress periodically due to urinary tract problems. It kept coming back so I put him down rather than let him suffer.

How do you know the owners of a 15 year old cat are selfish and "obviously" don't want him?
My cat was 13 when he was put down, and he looked great, but he was in great distress periodically due to urinary tract problems. It kept coming back so I put him down rather than let him suffer.
You're right, I made an assumption. I should have read the full article at the link. I don't agree with suffering (animal or human).

HA! Her latest statement from the gofundme:
I am sad to say that Tigger was seized from my house. Intimidation was used in order to coerce my husband into handing over the cat to the police. I appreciate all your efforts and how your heart has gone into this just as much as mine. All of your money went to Tiggers last bill in order to get him the medicine he needs to live another 2-5 years. The rest is out of my control and I'm hoping that the Berman will do the right thing and that a watchful eye is kept closed.

I bet her husband is really pissed off at her. Don't drag drama into your household if there are outstanding warrants!

Last edited:
The fact that she's had to spend $1000 in vet bills since she stole him speaks volumes. That's not a healthy cat. It's an old cat with many problems.

I read another article that said the vet she took him to was "undecided" if Tigger would be able to live a quality of life.
Post automatically merged:

@Muriel Schwenck Apparently her husband lost his job over the warrant issue. So now they are both jobless with legal woes :D

I bet the employers have listened to a lot of whiny stories from their nanny about her personal problems. She seems the type.
Mom: "poor Becca, she has a lot of home trouble, but she's really good with the kids, she has a clean driving record, and she's not a beautiful young Swedish au pair..."

Hey! Maybe she will google her name (Rebecca Katz , Rebecca Katz , Rebecca Katz ) and come to DD to tell us we don't know the real story.

Well that turned into a mushroom cloud in short order.

Cat is a wreck.
Nanny is nutso and a thief.
Nanny hubby is a ne'er do well.

Cops show up.
"We are here with warrants and will be taking the pussy too!"
...Nanny gleefully begins to disrobe in anticipation.
"THE CAT! THE CAT!"

Back