• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
shutterstock_736460671.jpg

A Pennsylvania couple is accused of theft after going on a shopping spree with $120,000 that was mistakenly deposited into their bank account, according to a report.

Robert Williams and his wife, Tiffany Williams, appeared in court Tuesday after they spent two and a half weeks blowing through most of their accidental windfall on expenses such as cars, bills and a camper, news station WNEP reported.

Robert, 36, and his 35-year-old wife were arraigned on charges of theft and receiving stolen property.

State police said BB&T Bank deposited the dough into the couple’s account on May 31 due to a clerical error by a bank teller.

But by June 19, the pair had spent six figures on purchases that included an SUV, two four-wheelers and a car trailer.

They also allegedly used the money for bills, car repairs, cash purchases, as well as gave $15,000 for friends, WNEP reported.

On June 20, the bank contacted Tiffany about the mistake — and to notify her that the money had been taken out of the account, resulting in a $107,416 overdraft fee

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/09/08/couple-blew-through-120k-accidentally-deposited-in-their-bank-account/

Last edited by a moderator:
Even in my most idiot stage of youth I would have had more common sense than to spend $120K that magically appeared in my bank account.
To be mid-30s and to be this fucking stupid, please tell me the Wonder Twins here didn't breed to continue on this idiocy gene.

This happens more often than you'd think. All it takes is one person inputing one wrong number. They can usually track it down somewhat quickly. I remember hearing about one guys that got around $300M in his acct. he said he waited for a couple days, then realized there was no way he could get that lucky and notified the bank. But there's always some dumbasses like these two that think they can beat the system.

Gave $15k to friends?
If one of your friends 'gave you money', would you accept it? Even if they 'loaned it'?
You'd have to know enough about their situation if all of the sudden they were buying stuff to question what was going on.

Gave $15k to friends?
If one of your friends 'gave you money', would you accept it? Even if they 'loaned it'?
You'd have to know enough about their situation if all of the sudden they were buying stuff to question what was going on.
I'd bet "gave $15k to friends" is euphemistic for "roughly $15k of booger sugar was snorted off my coffee table by losers who hang out here".

State police said BB&T Bank deposited the dough into the couple’s account on May 31 due to a clerical error by a bank teller.

That sound you hear is the death knell of what could have been a promising career.
Cashed a check with a drive up teller... Left the window and stopped in parking lot to make sure I got the $100 bills I needed. Had about twice the amount. Drove back through, handed teller everything back and asked a recount. Got to parking lot and counted. Still over.
Walked into bank, called the teller over and I counted giving her the excess. Don't know if she caught on before the next customer came through but I did everything shy of stomping my foot as I counted out the $100 bills or replaying the Sesame Street Count loud enough to train all of the tellers.

Cashed a check with a drive up teller... Left the window and stopped in parking lot to make sure I got the $100 bills I needed. Had about twice the amount. Drove back through, handed teller everything back and asked a recount. Got to parking lot and counted. Still over.
Walked into bank, called the teller over and I counted giving her the excess. Don't know if she caught on before the next customer came through but I did everything shy of stomping my foot as I counted out the $100 bills or replaying the Sesame Street Count loud enough to train all of the tellers.
If you had made a scene with the branch manager you could have gotten her fired. Kudos to you for not making a bad situation worse for her!

You should, however, have returned to the bank wearing a long, black cloak and done the Sesame Street Count. I'm assuming this didn't happen around Halloween?

DpE95EYX4AA6Emh_1920x1080.jpg

Latest posts

Back