• You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox

shutterstock_736460671-jpg.23005

A Pennsylvania couple is accused of theft after going on a shopping spree with $120,000 that was mistakenly deposited into their bank account, according to a report.

Robert Williams and his wife, Tiffany Williams, appeared in court Tuesday after they spent two and a half weeks blowing through most of their accidental windfall on expenses such as cars, bills and a camper, news station WNEP reported.

Robert, 36, and his 35-year-old wife were arraigned on charges of theft and receiving stolen property.

State police said BB&T Bank deposited the dough into the couple’s account on May 31 due to a clerical error by a bank teller.

But by June 19, the pair had spent six figures on purchases that included an SUV, two four-wheelers and a car trailer.

They also allegedly used the money for bills, car repairs, cash purchases, as well as gave $15,000 for friends, WNEP reported.

On June 20, the bank contacted Tiffany about the mistake — and to notify her that the money had been taken out of the account, resulting in a $107,416 overdraft fee
Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/09/08/couple-blew-through-120k-accidentally-deposited-in-their-bank-account/

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Totemic

Trusted Member
Bold Member!
Even in my most idiot stage of youth I would have had more common sense than to spend $120K that magically appeared in my bank account.
To be mid-30s and to be this fucking stupid, please tell me the Wonder Twins here didn't breed to continue on this idiocy gene.

Turd Fergusen

Trusted Member
Bold Member!
This happens more often than you'd think. All it takes is one person inputing one wrong number. They can usually track it down somewhat quickly. I remember hearing about one guys that got around $300M in his acct. he said he waited for a couple days, then realized there was no way he could get that lucky and notified the bank. But there's always some dumbasses like these two that think they can beat the system.

Staff online