• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A New York couple who gave birth to twins in March after traveling to Los Angeles to undergo in vitro fertilization has filed a lawsuit against the clinic claiming that a mix-up resulted in them giving birth to another couple’s children, which they then had to give up.

The couple, identified in the lawsuit as A.P and Y.Z., say that they first consulted CHA Fertility Center in January 2018, and that a first attempt at in vitro fertilization in July failed. According to The New York Post, a second attempt just a month later was successful, but the couple claims that they raised alarm early on in the pregnancy after they were told they were carrying twin boys, as they had only unfrozen two female embryos.

But Dr. Joshua Berger and Simon Hong, co-owners of CHA Fertility Center, allegedly told the couple that the sonogram was “not a definitive test,” with Berger reportedly relaying a similar story involving his own wife to the expectant parents, The New York Post reported. The couple claims they were assured that they were expecting twin girls throughout the pregnancy.

Full Story:

This is what lawsuits are here for.

Massachusetts has a low, low cap of only getting $500,000 max for a lawsuit against a hospital, which isn't really enough to make a serious point. I assume it's to keep healthcare down since it's one of the most expensive in the country, but still.

Glad NY has no cap on what the couple can get from this. This is the kind of error that needs to hurt.

This has happened before. The woman wrote a book about it.

Amazon product ASIN B004FEF6L0
She found out in the beginning and was given a choice to abort or give the baby to its parents. She carries to term, and gives it to a really thoughtless ass of a woman. Like I get this would be a weird situation to be in, but she’s a dick the whole pregnancy.

Having undergone infertility treatments, to finally be pregnant & successfully give birth, only to be told to give the baby up...

Nah. I’d go on the run.

Very confused why the couple has to file a lawsuit. What kind of trash company wouldnt up front give them whatever the fuck they wanted, throw millions at them to settle? Sickening they have to go through the courts for this.

This is what lawsuits are here for.

Massachusetts has a low, low cap of only getting $500,000 max for a lawsuit against a hospital, which isn't really enough to make a serious point. I assume it's to keep healthcare down since it's one of the most expensive in the country, but still.

Glad NY has no cap on what the couple can get from this. This is the kind of error that needs to hurt.

Does a IVF clinic operate under the same legalese as a hospital though?

Very confused why the couple has to file a lawsuit. What kind of trash company wouldnt up front give them whatever the fuck they wanted, throw millions at them to settle? Sickening they have to go through the courts for this.

Does a IVF clinic operate under the same legalese as a hospital though?
I believe it pertains to any medical malpractice judgement, and the law is simply political bullshit to fuck over the little guy who's already been fucked over by the medical community. The notion that the idea is to keep costs down is simply a way to sell it to morons who don't know any better. How can one argue that this cuts the costs of healthcare, but continue to allow CEOs and top dogs running the hospitals (most of which are non-profit organizations) to pocket millions of dollars per year?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/busines...tal-leaders/efq4wKZgtQQFf299jFFGmL/story.html

Back