• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Wakefield couple has been arrested after authorities say they only fed their two children only one meal a day, and would hit or choke them if they left their locked bedroom.

Angel and Patrick Henderson were arrested early Wednesday afternoon and charged with two counts of child abuse.

According to court documents, shortly before 6 a.m. on Jan. 19, 2018, the Dixon County Sheriff’s Office received a call from Angel saying her 14-year-old son was missing from their home in Wakefield.

The teenager was eventually found in the back of a vehicle and taken to Providence Medical Center in Wayne for treatment.

Medical personnel said they were concerned with the teenager’s wardrobe, which consisted of one-piece pajamas, with the arms sewed closed and sewn to the back of the pajamas. The legs of the pajamas were also sewn closed.

According to court documents, during an interview with the Dixon County Sheriff’s Office on Feb. 2, 2018, the teenager said he and his nine-year-old-sister were homeschooled for the past two years.

The teenager and nine-year-old said they were only fed one meal a day and would only be allowed to drink when they finished their food. They also said they were forced to stay in their room except for being allowed to go to the bathroom and to see the doctor.

The teenager told authorities the locked bedroom featured an alarm on the door. If the alarm would go off, he said their mother would choke them, kick them or hit them with her hand. He also said he had been hit with a wooden bat and his father’s brown belt.

According to court documents, the teenager said they would only be able to eat if the finished their school work, which consisted of worksheets.

He said both were required to wear the altered pajamas, along with their mother putting stocking caps over their head and face, and tieing them down with a shoestring.
https://ktiv.com/2019/01/09/wakefie...4x4uWBjfhv6BpkOGg84x0jMhSoQxhKPaL_3FFeqZ6yZtQ
1547214083310.png

According to court documents, Patrick and Angel Henderson have been investigated for child abuse or neglect 18 times since 2007, though only a 2014 allegation was substantiated.
18 fucking times? Gee you would think after the 5th or maybe 10th investigation someone would have got a clue there maybe... just maybe might be a problem.

November 25th 2019
A northeast Nebraska man has been given four years in prison for locking two of his children in a bedroom and denying them food.
Dixon County District Court records say 55-year-old Patrick Henderson, of Wakefield, also was sentenced to a year of post-release supervision after he leaves prison.

His wife, 43-year-old Angel Henderson, has pleaded not guilty to two felony counts of intentional child abuse resulting in injury.

Prosecutors say the Hendersons fed their 14-year-old boy and his 9-year-old sister only once a day and not at all if they failed to finish their schoolwork. The boy also told officials his mother would choke, kick and hit them.

Two other children, ages 13 and 6 at the time, also were removed from the home, though there was no indication they had been treated similarly to their siblings.
A judge in April placed all four children, who had been adopted by the Hendersons, in the custody of the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services.

Court records show that the Hendersons relinquished parental rights to two of the children, one of whom has since been adopted by another family.

Last edited:
Definitely need all rights to kids, present and future, taken away.

... actually, these are in the worthless pile, the state should dig a hole and bury them in it.

DD1i.jpg
"A jury has found Angel Henderson guilty on two counts of felony child abuse.

Henderson and her husband Patrick were arrested last year for locking two of their four children in a bedroom of their home and only feeding them once a day or sometimes not at all.

Patrick Henderson pleaded guilty is serving four years in prison. Angel Henderson could face up to 50 years on both charges when she's sentenced on February 19th."

Link..

Good, I hope she does have to spend fifty years in prison! Sugar Cookie, you are right these people should be made to refund the state any funds given for the care of the children, because they sure didn’t use the funds to care for the children! Why do these people adopt, and then abuse them, the penalty for that should more stringent! These children have already had trauma, then to get from someone who should love them is just to much! Both of them should get 50 years, no parole!, no pony!

Angel Henderson said she and her husband adopted two special-needs children out of love. They knew the troubles the children had experienced, and the Wakefield, Nebraska, couple wanted to give them the care and support they needed.

"We found out you can't love away trauma, and they had a lot of trauma," Henderson told a judge Friday.
But Henderson, and to a lesser extent, her husband, added even more trauma to their young lives, District Judge Bryan Meismer said, by locking them in a bedroom, feeding them only once a day and subjecting them to other abuses.

"The fact these children came from horrible backgrounds makes what happened to them worse," Meismer said.

Meismer rejected a defense request to place Henderson on probation and sentenced her to five to 10 years in prison for two counts of felony child abuse. A Dixon County District Court jury found her guilty in November.

Henderson, 44, and her husband, Patrick, were arrested in January 2019 and charged with locking the two children in a bedroom, allowing them to leave only to go to the bathroom and feeding them only once a day or not at all if they didn't finish their school work.

If the children, who were homeschooled, left their bedroom for any reason, Angel Henderson would choke, kick or hit them. The children, ages 9 and 14 at the time, also were forced to sleep in pajamas that had the arms sewn to the side and the legs sewn together and wear stocking hats pulled down over faces.

Sheriff's deputies found the then-14-year-old son wearing the one-piece pajamas in the back of a vehicle on Jan. 19, 2018, after Angel Henderson had reported him missing.

Henderson said Friday that the pajamas were used for "swaddling," or helping to calm the children, who both had behavioral issues.
"
It worked," Henderson said. "I have a pair of them myself. I love them. I wear them to this day."

Henderson said her husband had "checked out" and left much of the child-rearing to her, forcing her to cope with the children's behavior, which included biting, spitting and throwing things, on her own. She had researched many of the methods she used to control the children and sought advice from others, she said.

"I did what I could. Desperate times call for desperate measures," she said. "If I could change things, I definitely would, but I can't."

Two other children, age 13 and 6 at the time, also were living at the home, but were not mistreated. All four children, who had been adopted by the Hendersons, were removed from the home and placed into the custody of the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services. Court records show that at least one of the children has since been adopted by another family.

Patrick Henderson, 56, pleaded guilty and was sentenced in November 2019 to four years in prison on two counts of child abuse.

"We found out you can't love away trauma, and they had a lot of trauma," Henderson told a judge Friday.

That right there should have gotten this bitch punched in the mouth.

She was paid to brutalize these children she never loved or cared about them.

She needs to do the whole ten years to show these children that they matter and behavior like that will not be tolerated.

Back