• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://wgno.com/2016/10/11/couple-disappears-6-weeks-ago-baffling-facebook-posts-add-to-mystery/
[....]
Charlie Carver, 32, and Kala Brown, 30, were reported missing after they went several days without communicating with family and friends, according to WYFF.

Kala’s friend said several friends stopped receiving texts from her on August 31. The last photos of Charlie are from a surveillance camera that show him leaving his workplace on the same day.

After several days without talking to her son, Charlie’s mother went inside the couple’s apartment and found the dog without any food or water, according to Dateline.

Charlie, who is in the middle of a divorce, has been dating Kala for several months. The couple moved in together over the summer[....]

There has been no activity on either Charlie or Kala’s phones since they went missing. However, there have been dozens of strange Facebook posts on Charlie’s Facebook page since the couple went missing.

The posts on Charlie’s Facebook post include several links to stories about the missing couple, including multiple GoFundMe fundraisers and images of the couple. The most recent post (October 2) on Charlie’s Facebook page includes a shared photo with the quote:

“What color ribbon supports the cure for people who can’t keep their nose out of other people’s business?”

Several Facebook users have posted screenshots of odd conversations with the person posting on Charlie’s page.

In one screenshot shared on the City of Anderson Police Facebook page, someone apparently asked the person using Charlie’s Facebook page if they are okay. The person’s response: “yes im fine.”

There have been over 50 posts on Charlie’s page since the couple was reported missing, including a post that declared Charlie married Kala on September 1.

The family insists Charlie’s Facebook account has been hacked and the confusing posts are falsely making people believe the couple has been found.

Detectives told Dateline they are investigating but have few leads at this point. Foul play has not been ruled out, according to the report.

Anyone with information about the couple is asked to call police in Anderson at 864-260-4444.

serveimage

Very strange. It sounds like it could be foul play, or they just decided to split.

“What color ribbon supports the cure for people who can’t keep their nose out of other people’s business?”

If the second option, then I hope they are charged and jailed for this.

After several days without talking to her son, Charlie’s mother went inside the couple’s apartment and found the dog without any food or water, according to Dateline.

I don't think someone would just pick up and leave their pet without food and water. If they chose to not take him with them, I think they'd at least fill the bathtub with water and open up a large bag of food, knowing that someone would come looking for then and find the dog.

Also, legally, Charlie wouldn't have been able to marry Kala until his divorce was finalized. Someone took these two people.

I don't think someone would just pick up and leave their pet without food and water. If they chose to not take him with them, I think they'd at least fill the bathtub with water and open up a large bag of food, knowing that someone would come looking for then and find the dog.

Also, legally, Charlie wouldn't have been able to marry Kala until his divorce was finalized. Someone took these two people.

That does seem more likely, but eloping can't be ruled out yet.

Maybe the dog belongs to the ex. Or maybe the ex was trying to fleece him for his life savings.

That does seem more likely, but eloping can't be ruled out yet.

Maybe the dog belongs to the ex. Or maybe the ex was trying to fleece him for his life savings.
No, the dog belongs to Kala. After reading around on the go fund me, Kalas aunt says Kala would not leave her dog without food and water.

Well.....

I kinda feel like Charlie and Kala are giving everyone the big :finger:
if they show up ... great ..

Unless they find them murdered in a Dahmeresque way ...
I ain't interested :shrug: I haven't seen anything like that in awhile.
We need some excitement :nana:

Shouldn't the police be able to get a warrant to collect some things at the house, like any computers? Also, someone (a forensic computer person?) should be able to determine the IP address(es) from where "Charlie's" Facebook posts came after his disappearance. This one is going to take some good, old fashioned detective work, I reckon! ;)

Oh, and before it was revealed that the dog belonged to Kala, I was gonna say- even if it belonged to the ex, you'd have to be some sort of sick cockeater to, out of spite, deliberately leave an animal!

Oh, and before it was revealed that the dog belonged to Kala, I was gonna say- even if it belonged to the ex, you'd have to be some sort of sick cockeater to, out of spite, deliberately leave an animal!

That is what I implied. But knowing it was her dog, I don't hold much hope for them.

http://wspa.com/2016/11/03/heavy-police-presence-in-woodruff/
[....]
They found Kala Brown alive.

Sheriff Wright says she was chained up like a dog with a chain around her neck in a 30×15 metal container for two months.

Deputies heard her banging on the container.

She is being treated. She told investigators she was being fed.

They have not found Charlie Carver.
[....]
Sheriff Wright says they may be dealing with a possible serial killer and there could be 4 bodies on the property.

Todd Kohlhepp was arrested at 10:45 Thursday morning and is in the detention center.

The sheriff says he will be charged with at least one count of kidnapping.

He was on the property when they served the search warrant.

He is listed as property owner of the land where deputies are searching.

He is also listed as a sex offender on the SC registry for a 10/16/1987 conviction in AZ for Kidnapping.
[....]
todd.jpg

They found Charlie Carver's car on the perp's property today. Sadly I don't think he is alive. I can't imagine Kala's terror these past two months having knowledge there may be as many as four bodies on the property and believing she would be the next. I do hope the baby she was carrying hasn't been lost during this tragedy.

Last edited:
Well color me shocked! I can't even begin to imagine what the past two months have been like for her. Jeez... :(

ETA: http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...live-chained-boyfriend-charlie-carver-n677606

In this article it states that he was previously convicted of kidnapping, at 16! He should never have been let out of prison it seems. :shifty:
I'm pissed that he has a past record of kidnapping and was walking among us.

Especially since there are people locked up for life because they tried to make some easy money.
Carting drugs around fir someone.

If he executed a kidnapping at 16, what did they all expect would happen down the road? o_O
Okay, I went and read the details.
I understand now. if the crime wss when he was 15 or 16, the system likes to pretend they rehabilitate youth offenders.
I have seen some successes during my years at animal control. we had the California youth authority near our shelter and one of their classes to prepare these kids for success after release was a dog grooning course.
After they completed the course hut before their release, they would be brought over to the shelter to work.

All that being said, none of them were sex offenders. you can't fix that.
[doublepost=1478228930,1478228182][/doublepost]
If he executed a kidnapping at 16, what did they all expect would happen down the road? o_O
http://wspa.com/2016/11/03/what-we-know-about-the-man-in-custody-in-woodruff-kidnapping/

According to court records, Kohlhepp kidnapped and sexually assaulted a 14-year-old girl.

He was 15-years-old at the time of the crime.

ARIZONA KIDNAPPING CONVICTION

According to court records, Kohlhepp had extensive counseling, including hospitalization, for his behavior in Georgia.

He was living with his biological father at the time of the kidnapping.

According to court documents, Kohlhepp forced the girl into his home and tied her hands and put tape over her mouth and sexually assaulted her.

The court documents also include a psychiatric evaluation that say Kohlhepp destroyed his room with a hammer, destroyed other children’s projects, cloroxed a goldfish, shot a dog with a BB gun, was dismissed from the Boy Scouts because he was too disruptive, and shredded his own new clothes. The report also says his father made a statement saying the only emotion Kohlhepp was capable of was anger.

ANDERSON COUNTY, SC – A woman missing since August has been found chained like a dog inside a metal storage container, and a registered sex offender has been arrested.

Back in August, 30-year-old Kala Brown and her boyfriend, 32-year-old Charlie Carver, disappeared from their apartment leaving cell phones, a car, and their dog behind.

The faded from the news a bit until recently, when someone started posting on Carver’s Facebook page.

The person making the posts claimed the couple were fine and just decided to leave.

Their family members did not believe the posts were coming from the couple, thinking the page had either been hacked, or the handiwork of the person(s) responsible for their disappearance.

We now know the fate of Brown, who was found alive inside a storage shed on property belonging to 45-year-old Todd Kohlhepp, a registered sex offender.

Acting on a tip provided by a sex crime investigator, deputies were on the property when they heard banging coming from the storage container

Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright said Brown was “chained inside the container like a dog.” He said Brown told them she’d been in the container for two months with a chain around her neck.

Kayla Brown and Charlie Carver

“It was pretty emotional, to say the least, when she was found especially when she was chained like a dog,” said Wright. “She had a chain around her neck! Its only by God’s grace we found that little girl alive.”

Brown also told investigators that there may be four more bodies on the property, but that claim has not been verified.

“We’re trying to make sure we don’t have a serial killer on our hands,” Wright said.

At this point the only thing investigators have found on the 100 acre property, aside from Brown, is ammunition, weapons and bear traps. The location of Carver is still unknown at this point.

Police arrested Kohlhepp in connection with the investigation and say he is a convicted sex offender convicted of kidnapping in Arizona in 1987, when he was only 16.

Kohlepp will be charged with kidnapping, for now.

“He’s currently incarcerated,” Wright said. “We’re trying to get all this sorted out and figure out what were going to charge him with. One of the charges will be kidnapping, it could be murder. It could be a number of things.”

No doubt a lot more details will be coming, so feel free to provide any updates in the comments below.

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

Continue reading...

That poor woman is probably the luckiest person in America right now, at this minute.

I cannot begin to imagine the trauma and horror that she now needs to grieve through and work so damn hard at to try and overcome, but my entire heart is wishing her so very well in her recovery.

One thing I admire a LOT about the American justice system is its no nonsense approach to labeling convicts as Registered Sex Offenders and doing it for life. Not only do these animals deserve the title and the limitations it places on them, but the community NEED to know that these rock spiders are lurking in their midst.

This rock spider lurked his way through a crack or chink in that wall, it seems.

And I mean this when I say, God Bless America right now - because this piece of shit is going to go down HARD for this - especially in comparison to the 'justice' systems in other Western nation's like mine.

My sincere condolences are with Charlie's family. It seems your beautiful young man simply was unlucky enough to stumble, along with Kayla, across the path of this animal. May he be at peace now.
[doublepost=1478242661,1478242617][/doublepost]That poor woman is probably the luckiest person in America right now, at this minute.

I cannot begin to imagine the trauma and horror that she now needs to grieve through and work so damn hard at to try and overcome, but my entire heart is wishing her so very well in her recovery.

One thing I admire a LOT about the American justice system is its no nonsense approach to labeling convicts as Registered Sex Offenders and doing it for life. Not only do these animals deserve the title and the limitations it places on them, but the community NEED to know that these rock spiders are lurking in their midst.

This rock spider lurked his way through a crack or chink in that wall, it seems.

And I mean this when I say, God Bless America right now - because this piece of shit is going to go down HARD for this - especially in comparison to the 'justice' systems in other Western nation's like mine.

My sincere condolences are with Charlie's family. It seems your beautiful young man simply was unlucky enough to stumble, along with Kayla, across the path of this animal. May he be at peace now.

Wow I have to wonder how many of this guys other employees have vanished over the years. This guy has mastered his kidnapping skills over the years. This wasn't his first kidnapping/kill since the incident when he was 15. I believe we are going to find out a lot more. Gosh...possibly burned four bodies. So sad Charlie is probably one of them. Interested to know the details on how this all went down. How he kidnapped them. Charlie was last seen on video leaving work. Kala wasn't with him at that time. I have to wonder if he hired Kala with the intent to kidnap her. He must have been jealous of Charlie. So many questions!!

I think there's luckier people than a woman who was held prisoner in horrific conditions for 2 months after her bf was no doubt murdered. I'd be surprised if he hadn't raped her on top of everything else. How fucking lucky. Absurd.

Last edited:
Just recently posted in the other thread about the break in this case, good to see some actual details here. All the articles that pop up when you search this case now has the same minimal bullshit about the "chained like a dog" crap. Can't get any actual info. This thread answers a lot of my questions.

THat's very disturbing that a sex offender is can get a real estate license. That's a job that involves strangers going into empty, often essentially abandoned houses alone together. Society is fuckin dumb.

I wonder how many of South Carolina's other missing young women will be located on this hundred acre property in the woods. This was certainly not his first rodeo.

Back