• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A black doctor from New York claims she was racially profiled at the Angry Orchard brewery in Walden, along with her boyfriend — as he was attempting to pop the question.

“I have never been so humiliated in my life,” wrote Cathy-Marie Hamlet in a lengthy Facebook post on Sunday. “On what was supposed to be one of the best days of my life, I was chased out of Angry Orchard by security who followed us all the way to the parking lot.”

Hamlet and her now-fiancé, whom she doesn’t name, were attempting to “enjoy an afternoon with some hard cider” and friends when brewery workers accused them of stealing.

Her man had been planning to propose — and was actually in the middle of doing it — when an employee interrupted them.

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/07/22/woman-says-she-was-racially-profiled-mid-proposal-by-brewery-staff/

Awkward.
The good news is they may have captured the special moment on video to enjoy over and over in the coming years. The bad news is it was likely made by a police body cam.

Wouldn't it be a trip though if they actually were stealing from the brewery and this whole rigmarole over The Proposal with just a massive diversion?

Angry Orchard has fired the manager who was on duty at the brewery when a Black couple was allegedly harassed and racially profiled in the middle of their proposal.

According to People, the company said that they had “taken the immediate steps to remove the manager who was on-duty from her role and replace members of the security team.”

“We’re extremely embarrassed this happened,” the company said. “We reached out and spoke directly with the guest involved to express our sincerest apology and offered to make it right…We badly mishandled the situation and our team overreacted.”
[....]
According to People, Angry Orchard also intends to ensure that “everyone on our team, from cidermakers to security, [has] additional training in the areas of security awareness and unconscious bias to prevent something like this from happening in the future.”

“We’re deeply sorry that our guests were mistreated. The situation doesn’t reflect our values of respect for all and creating a welcoming environment for all our guests,” the company added in its statement.

Latest posts

Back