• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ChaosKitty

Queen Bitch From Hell
I believe in law enforcement and I also believe there needs to be a restructure and more evaluations to ensure people getting and keeping badges are fit to do there jobs. LE agencies need to be willing to dismiss, charge & prosecute their own or those under them if involved in criminal activity or incompetence. A supposed undercover officer that didn't identify himself or have adequate grounds basically murdered a musician whose care had broken down then tried to cover his tracks. Luckily the man Corey had been on the phone with the roadside assistance people and the phone was never turned off. Kudos for Fla immediately dismissing this over reactor that cost an innocent person their life. Many sources but I will go the easy route:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/tapes-c...-fatal-shooting-of-black-drummer-corey-jones/
images

coreyjones-2.jpg

Corey Jones is seen in undated photo
COURTESY JONES FAMILY
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- An undercover police officer is never heard identifying himself before fatally shooting a black drummer whose car had broken down on an interstate highway, according to evidence released Tuesday by prosecutors who have charged him with manslaughter.

The Palm Beach County state attorney’s office released thousands of documents, photos and video and audio recordings to former Palm Beach Gardens officer Nouman Raja’s attorneys and the public, including recordings of two phone calls and Raja’s interview with investigators hours after the shooting.

Those recordings played key roles in prosecutors charging Raja, 39, with manslaughter and attempted murder last year for the October 2015 shooting of 31-year-old Corey Jones, whose SUV had broken down on an Interstate 95 off-ramp before dawn as he returned home from a performance.

Raja, who is of South Asian descent, has pleaded not guilty and his attorneys and union have said the shooting was justified since Jones was armed.

Jones, who also worked as a housing department inspector, was sitting in his SUV talking to a tow truck dispatcher when Raja, who was investigating car burglaries, drove an unmarked white van the wrong way up the off ramp, according to records.

Wearing a T-shirt and jeans, Raja got out of the van and came toward Jones, who had a Florida concealed carry permit for the handgun. His family said he had just purchased the gun to protect the expensive drum gear in his vehicle’s trunk.

Newly-released photos show Raja had a police tactical vest in his van, which identified him as a police officer, but for some reason chose not to wear it when he approached Jones in the SUV, reports CBS West Palm Beach affiliate WPEC-TV.

Prosecutors say Jones had no way of knowing Raja was a police officer because he had no badge and no uniform on, the station notes.

As Raja neared the SUV, the door chime began sounding, the recording shows, indicating Jones had opened the door.

As he apparently exited, Jones told Raja, “No. I’m good. Yeah, I’m good.”

“Really?” Raja replied, with Jones quickly responding “Yeah.”

Suddenly Raja yelled for Jones to raise his hands, twice using profanity. Jones responded, “Hold on. Hold on.” Raja, again using profanity, told him to raise his hands before firing two shots.

Jones began running down an embankment and into the grass as Raja fired several more shots, killing him. Jones’ unfired gun was found about 75 feet from his SUV. Jones’ body was found another 125 feet away.

In a 911 call that prosecutors say Raja placed about 30 seconds later, the officer yells for Jones to drop his gun even though they say he knew Jones had been felled by his shots.

About four hours after the shooting, Raja told Palm Beach County sheriff’s detective Kenny Smith in a voluntary interview that he had walked up to the van thinking it was unoccupied and that he was surprised when he saw Jones inside.

“The door swung open and, uh, this guy jumps outside immediately,” Raja told Smith. “He got out of the van and then he’s like, ‘I’m OK, I’m OK man.’ And at which point I said, ‘Hey, man, police, can I help you?’ And the second I said police, he jumped back and I clearly remember him drawing and ... pointing a gun at me.” He said he ordered Jones to drop the gun and then fired when he didn’t.

“It’s just like, you know, your family flashed in front of you, your kids flashed in front of you,” Raja told Smith. He said he called 911 as he was chasing Jones and fired again only after Jones turned back toward him with the gun.

The recording of the 911 call contains no gunshots.

Raja was fired shortly after the shooting. Jones’ family is suing him and the Palm Beach Gardens police.

A court hearing is set for Feb. 21. There, a date for Raja’s criminal trial could be scheduled.

Last edited:
This is the one BLM should be publicizing far more than most shootings they do raise a stink over. What is the missing piece of the puzzle that makes this one less worthy of protest? Even rioting? Because it stinks to high heaven.

This is the one BLM should be publicizing far more .. Because it stinks to high heaven.
I agree and have brought that up at meetings in this area with one of my groups, there are half a dozen cases which have bee little to no brought up that are serious provable complete incompetence or outright murders that receive no attention or justice. Off the top of my head two more in Fla would be the one in Naples and the one with the eldery man going out to his car to get a cigarette the later being shot and killed the first just down right probably murdered along with another Latio man a few months apart by the same deputy that probably had pulled them over had their cars towed I believe and been seen with them in his squad car. Their families have never has closure and charges were never brought up though witnesses and cameras put him with both victims in both cases ha claimed he decided to let them go unhandcuffed them and dropped them off at convenience stores neither of which there was any video of

Last edited:
Thanks for the input @PsychoKitty. BLM has enough media moxie to make this national news. They chose to focus on other things and they have dropped the ball big time on justice for this poor man.
I think this case more likely fits a panicky and overweening authority mode rather just racism, but it easily fills all the racism narratives BLM and the national media drools to deliver.
Why hasn't it been flogged on national news since it happened?

Last edited:
member: 21009"]Why hasn't it been flogged on national news since it happened?[/QUOTE]
it's started to now as a mega blog [crimesiders] has taken it on with the recording info but I have been watching it since it first came up before the found cell phone recording released and the road assistance people came forward [they were terrified I think and for good reason I know for a fact in Calif and NY people have had their lives threatened when they have seen or heard things]

Last edited:
I made the mistake of reading the DM comments on this. Most are reasonable, but there are still a few who tow the "why didn't he follow the cop's instructions?! why did he have a gun?!" line.

The cop... who was unidentified and thus was just some random dude with a gun to the deceased? And the gun that he had a legal permit to carry? If you're not going to use your gun when someone is illegally using a gun against you, when are you supposed to use it? When pigeons shit on your car?

Update:

Florida police officer Nouman Raja, who fatally shot stranded black motorist Corey Jones, found guilty

that is great, maybe we will be able to get things more back to justice because this will send a message found I couldn't answer you and a fool at the same time so you win over, thanks for putting this up.

What's the point in having a concealed weapons permit if it should be ok for cops to shoot before even finding out if you have one. If he was under cover why didn't he call for a plain clothed officer to help the motorist? Was he under cover infiltrating good samaritans? More then one bad judgment call was made.... Seems like civilians are helded at a higher accountability for manslaughter then trained a LE.

the second I said police, he jumped back and I clearly remember him drawing and ... pointing a gun at me.” He said he ordered Jones to drop the gun and then fired when he didn’t.
Coming back to this . . . .

I have been trained in the use of the handgun as defensive armament. I was not trained to posture, to shout my identification and order the assailant to disarm him or herself; instead, I was trained to draw, gain a rough sight picture, if that was all I could get, then fire until there was no more threat.

The ex-cop was lying through his fucking teeth; either that or Florida LE firearms training is making widows the length and breadth of the state.

--Al

"A former Florida police officer was sentenced to 25 years in prison on Thursday for fatally shooting a black motorist who was awaiting a tow truck in October 2015.

Nouman Raja, 41, was fired from the Palm Beach Gardens Police Department shortly after he killed Corey Jones, 31, while on plainclothes duty, and was convicted last month by a jury of manslaughter and first-degree murder."

Back