• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Tazzzz

Trusted Member
Kevin A. Temple, 41,

Opossum
opossum021.jpg
opossum-50391.jpg

Yeah, you don't want to fuck with Opossum's, they got some nasty ass teeth on them and aren't afraid to use them or their claws. You can use a broom or something to push them outside, no reason to kill it, it only bit him because he left it on choice. Dumbass Opossum killin Tard.

WAYNESBURG - A Carmichaels man was arrested after he fought with police who had taken him to the hospital for treatment of bites he suffered in an earlier "fight" with an opossum.

Kevin A. Temple, 41, was arrested following an incident at 1:50 a.m. Aug. 10 on West High Street in Waynesburg, Waynesburg Borough police said. Temple was observed by police walking on the sidewalk holding a live opossum by the tail.

He told police he had gotten into a fight with the animal and it had bitten him on the hand. Temple then proceeded to slam the opossum on the sidewalk, killing it.

Police said Temple was intoxicated. They took him to Southwest Regional Medical Center in Waynesburg to receive medical treatment for bites to his hand.

At the hospital, police said, Temple fought with them and they eventually had to Taser him before they could restrain him. Temple was charged with resisting arrest, public drunkenness and disorderly conduct.

Police said the opossum was turned over to Pennsylvania Game Commission officials for rabies testing.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/OR/Story/08-20-man-vs-opossum

possums are supposed to be out that time of night. so I really doubt he had rabies. Dude should have just yelled at it. Would have ran away then ya know.

Tazzzz, I looove your stories, but a warning that pics are posted would be highly appreciated the next time, lol. I am terrified of rodents,and oppossums!!! Now imagine how loud my scream was when I clicked on the thread, I scared my coworkers to death.

Yuck, yuck, yuck

Last edited:
When we lived in South Florida it was not uncommon to see opposums running around at night. What was not common, was walking into the dining room and have one sitting on a chair! My dad freaked and I ran screaming to the bathroom and closed the door. It was a BIG one and being from the burbs, dad called the police lol. They came out, used our broom to get it to wind its tail around it, and took it outside. My dad didn't leave the sliding glass doors open as much after that incident.

When we lived in South Florida it was not uncommon to see opposums running around at night. What was not common, was walking into the dining room and have one sitting on a chair! My dad freaked and I ran screaming to the bathroom and closed the door. It was a BIG one and being from the burbs, dad called the police lol. They came out, used our broom to get it to wind its tail around it, and took it outside. My dad didn't leave the sliding glass doors open as much after that incident.

He thought it was tea time! lol thats to funny

Oh hell no, I think I would have required meds. I can't even take a rubber mouse, I would just loose what is left of my sanity. Oh crap, and Halloween is approaching and my kids will once again pull that shit on me. Happens every year.:stupido3:

I dont know, I think there kind of cute when there not hissing at you or trying to bite you. Ours loves figs and came every night to chow down, thats fine by me I hate figs and cleaning them up off the ground.

2632197439_5a55d6b6dc.jpg
possum.jpg

Hell, my son and I went outside our back porch one night and we were just about to pet what we thought was one of our cats. Because it was eating the cat food. We couldn't see very well because I didn't turn the light on. Anyhow, the thing turned around saw us and I don't know who was more afraid the possum or us. We jumped back and the possum ran from us. So when you go after or charge after the possum yourself, yea they are going to protect themselves by biting you back. Tazz is right get a broom and push it off.

They have wicked reflecting demon-red eyes at night. Had one come up on my back deck and look in at me through the sliding glass door. Scared me.

At least -- I think it was a 'possum :dontknow: I didn't get near the slider for days.

when i lived in NC, i had one of these suckers trapped underneath my kitchen sink. (i lived in a run down, mobile home park)... it came up through a hole in the floor of the kitchen, near the water pipes. i had reached into the drawer next to the sink, to get something and i felt 'fur', i of course yelled. my then room-mate came running, i told him there was something 'live' under the cabinet, so he went and got his 12gauge. i told him just to go get maintenance... that he wasn't shooting a hole in my kitchen floor, trying to kill it..so i calmly began removing drawers, then the stuff under the cabinet.. it was a small one, but one nonetheless. i think it was just as scared of me, as i was of it... anyway, maintenance came, with a pillowcase, caught it, and took it outside and let it go... then came back in, and filled in the hole... i didn't sleep for several nights after that.

~ceisdsgil

Opossums do not carry the rabies virus.
Au Contraire, Mon Fraire!

"Opossums actually don't often carry rabies. They have a lower than average body temperature, and the virus doesn't survive well. They do carry a large amount of parasites, however, and thus are vectors for the diseases that fleas, ticks, etc can transmit. They also leave a lot of droppings, which pose the usual excrement health risks, such as leptospirosis or Salmonella."

http://www.wildlife-removal.com/opossum.htm

:dong: If I had seen something like the pics in the OP in my dining room, the fucker could have the house! I'd be staying at a Marriott for the night! :vroam:

lol what a tard, in dealing with opossums on a near daily basis you've gotta be very drunk to get bitten by one. They have poor eye sight and can't see all that well. I just pick them up by the tail (because they are used to it, they hang from trees) and haul them away. They CAN carry rabies but are low on the risk pole. They can be scary looking but they are way more scared of people then we are of them.

they may or may not have rabies, but they sure God have wicked, scimitar-like teeth, are filthy and unbelievably smelly. just like racoons, they easily lose their fear of man and will gladly throw down any ole time. they are very mean and very aggressive, and will happily kill your pets. i suprised a big one on my back porch one night, and he was clever enough to circle left and cut me off from the door... i actually had to get the steel rake, jump on the porch swing and yell for help. dear God, the stench made me gag! cute they ain't. they hiss too.

I dont know, I think there kind of cute when there not hissing at you or trying to bite you. Ours loves figs and came every night to chow down, thats fine by me I hate figs and cleaning them up off the ground.

2632197439_5a55d6b6dc.jpg
possum.jpg

poor momma, i think i count 11 babies hanging off her! i thought my 2 were exhausting..LOL

they may or may not have rabies, but they sure God have wicked, scimitar-like teeth, are filthy and unbelievably smelly. just like racoons, they easily lose their fear of man and will gladly throw down any ole time. they are very mean and very aggressive, and will happily kill your pets. i suprised a big one on my back porch one night, and he was clever enough to circle left and cut me off from the door... i actually had to get the steel rake, jump on the porch swing and yell for help. dear God, the stench made me gag! cute they ain't. they hiss too.
LoL, yeah that would freak me out.

opossums do have nasty germs in there mouth so a bite could get infected easily. Most people dont know it, but they have a sent gland like a skunk and spray stinkies. Its no were near what a skunk can put out but its still pretty nasty smelling.

I have seen them kick a dogs ass before and tease it to get food they wanted. They can be pretty sneaky like a raccoon can. I do have alot of respect for thoughs sharp pointed front teeth they have.

Last edited:
Back