• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
[....]
The Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office charged officers Stephen Martinsen, 29, and Thomas Dowling, 26, both of Asbury Park, with conspiracy, criminal mischief and weapons offenses. The officers are accused of vandalizing two vehicles in Ocean Grove and Asbury Park early on Sept. 3, authorities said.

“It is alleged that officer Martinsen and Special Law Enforcement officer Dowling did purposely damage both vehicles, both owned by the same person,” a press release from the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office said. “The vehicle owner had filed an administrative complaint against both officers several days before the vandalism incidents.”

Authorities said the two officers wore disguises when they rode their bikes to the vehicles, smashed out windows and slashed all the tires.
full
full

The victim, Ernest Mignoli, is an outspoken critic of Asbury Park and its police department. In an interview with NJ Advance Media, he said his “jaw dropped” when he learned that the people responsible for damaging two of his vehicles — a white Jeep Liberty and a Toyota Prius — were police officers.

“I just wouldn’t think it would be in the scope of police officers to do something like that,” he said. “I’m a concerned citizen, outspoken critic of Asbury Park Police Department. But this goes behind the pale.”

Mignoli would not comment on the nature of the administrative complaints he filed. But he said he’s constantly keeping a watchful eye on the police officers in the city he has lived in for 12 years.

“I’m constantly harassed by police wherever I go," he said. “It’s just the nature of my work.”

Martinsen, a member of the Asbury Park police force since 2013, has been suspended without pay. Dowling was fired.

Asbury Park police Chief David Kelso said in the press release that the actions of these two officers “is not acceptable and does not represent the level of professionalism, community focus or resident safety that we expect of our officers.

“We will not let the actions of these officers overshadow the great work and dedication by the men and women of this department,” he said.

The officers could not be immediately reached for comment.
full
full

Stephen Martinsen (left), Thomas Dowling (right)

Asbury Park Police Officer Stephen Martinsen, 31, and former SLEO-2 Thomas Dowling, 27, both of Asbury Park, pleaded guilty to fourth-degree criminal mischief and as part of their plea deals they must forfeit any future public employment in the state, according to a statement from Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher J. Gramiccioni.
They also face probation when they are sentenced on Oct. 16 and must pay back the victim for the damage they caused to his cars, the office said.
Sentencing will be Oct. 16th.

Latest posts

Back