• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Podargus

Reality Bites
I feel like this has been posted here, but I can't find it after searching his name.

A proactive mother seems to be the undoing of this creep.

jqnfhe.jpg

Officer James Paul Blair, 51, of Gastonia, was charged with statutory rape of a child by an adult and was jailed on $1 million bail, jail records show. He was booked into the jail at about 2:30 p.m.

“We are encouraging the public to contact the SBI if they have relevant information or believe they may have had inappropriate contact with Blair,” said Audria Bridges, special agent in charge of the SBI’s Charlotte area office.

The SBI can be reached at 704-454-5264.

On Wednesday, Bridges said the SBI was investigating whether a Lowell officer had an “inappropriate relationship” with a minor.

Gaston County Police Chief Joseph Ramey requested the SBI investigation recently, Bridges said in a statement, “and a concurring request from (Gaston County) District Attorney Locke Bell was given.”

Blair was on leave because of a back injury, Observer news partner WBTV reported. He was suspended without pay on Thursday pending the outcome of the rape case.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article99350867.html#storylink=cpy

Blair started working for Lowell Police Department in 2007.

He has been out on medical leave since June, but was suspended without pay this week because of the investigation.

Investigators say he also acted as a school resource officer at Holbrook Middle School.

The teen's mother said Blair seemed to get along with children in the area, and he began mentoring her daughter about three or four years ago.

Her daughter wants to be a police officer, so the woman said she was happy he took her under his wing.

Blair allegedly offered to take the teen and her younger brother on outings that included the officer's wife, but over time he started leaving the boy at home.

The woman said this year the relationship between the officer and her daughter took a visible turn.

Blair started driving down their street and flashing his lights and even brought her daughter snacks late at night, she said.

She began to press her daughter to find out more, and earlier this month, the teen told her mother she needed a pregnancy test, the woman said.

Doctors verified the pregnancy, and the woman said she started recording inappropriate texts between the two, she said.

In one text, the officer asked the girl to get an abortion, the woman said.

The woman said the middle-aged officer had inappropriate contact with her daughter at his home and in his patrol car.

http://www.shelbystar.com/news/20160901/cop-accused-of-child-rape

Blair allegedly offered to take the teen and her younger brother on outings that included the officer's wife, but over time he started leaving the boy at home.

I'm not blaming the mom. But I am questioning why she let it go so long.

When the brother wasn't included, my mom alarm would have been on full tilt.

The girls choices are all so bad, either raise the baby, abort the baby, or give the baby up, all choices she cant cant even understand and they will all follow her her whole life.

And wtf mom? your kid wants to be a cop so she needs to be mentored for three or four years? Any man who is not your kids family who goes out of his way to hang out with your kid is weird.

And if a man is bringing candy to your kid late at night, you are an idiot if you miss that clue!

This stinks from every angle :shifty: Mom is a dumb ass :rolleyes: ''mentoring'' (grooming) the girl and it takes you 3 years to see this ...

"I wanna be a fireman" :) I said that too. when I was 10
:woot: an Astronaut or maybe ... :spy: a spy like Agent 99 :p ( gimme a break)

She probably thought ... He's a cop .. he can take the kids off my hands for awhile ...
I can chill and do my thing :rolleyes: He sucks :finger: Mom is a dipshit :finger: and the poor kid is just another statistic :meh:

Last edited:
The woman said the middle-aged officer had inappropriate contact with her daughter at his home and in his patrol car.

Holy fuck! I'm middle aged?!?! Damn. Every day just keeps bringing more bad news.

All of us over 50 would like to thank you for clearing that up.
:sorry:

Its only true for some people, I swear!
[doublepost=1473784442,1473783232][/doublepost]
Not that I disagree with anything that you've said, but my cousin wanted to be a police officer when she was in middle and high school. She was in the "Explorer" program for five, maybe six years. (She even got me a ride along for career day once!) If their area has the same kind of program I wouldn't consider this part weird. Bringing her snacks late at night and driving by flashing your lights late at night are giant no-no's though!
I think the difference would be that the Explorer program is an organization with a goal to improve community and to help kids. The People involved would have to abide by rules and regulations put in place to minimize "bad" things from happening. This was a guy who was focused on one kid and he had the power to make his own rules.

:hattip:I guess I'm starting to cruise down the back side of the hill, now that my internet daughter has cleared that up for me, but I love her anyway.<3 She's just not quite old enough to know any better yet! LOL:cool:

I was more wondering if she had been part of the program and it had just been expressed badly is all... hey, I'm no fully caffeinated yet, the brain wanders a lil sometimes
It doesnt help that I am often a bit slow....
[doublepost=1473788362,1473787070][/doublepost]
I guess I'm starting to cruise down the back side of the hill, now that my internet daughter has cleared that up for me, but I love her anyway. She's just not quite old enough to know any better yet! LOL
oh mom:shame:, dont be silly.....

It just hit me that If I dont make it past 80 I am over the hill now!!:arghh:

Oh well, its harder climbing up the hill than down:)

To be at the top now I'd need to live to 114 and 3/4 and going down to the hill is so much easier, just let go and roll, it's the acceleration trauma that does you in.:nana:

To be at the top now I'd need to live to 114 and 3/4 and going down to the hill is so much easier, just let go and roll, it's the acceleration trauma that does you in.:nana:

I thought it was the quick stop at the bottom...

Like the old saying about falling not being too hard, it's just landing that seems to cause most of the trouble.

Last week I found out that there are baby strollers that cost 4 times the cost of the car I'm driving right now.

Then I find out I'm over the hill.

Guess I won't keep saving for a new car. I'm going to need that money for Geritol.

For those of you that are too young to know what that is:
Geritol is the brand name of complex multivitamin supplements that contain added iron. Geritol is manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline and comes in either a pill form or a liquid tonic. Many women swear by Gertiol, and in fact, there used to be a grass roots slogan for Geritol: “There's a baby in every bottle!”

Edit to correct my spelling.
I guess I just found out I have dementia.

Last week I found out that there are baby strollers that cost 4 times the cost of the car I'm driving right now.

Then I find out I'm over the hill.

Guess I won't keep saving for a new car. I'm going to need that money for Geritol.

For those of you that are too young to know what that is:

Edit to correct my spelling.
I guess I just found out I have dementia.

And you're having a baby! :woot:

19 years in protected custody I suspect.
Cuz if he gets in general population being a cop AND kid diddler...
his ticket will be punched repeatedly.
I for one would like to see that happen.
Hope his wife has cut his sorry ass loose.

Oh lovely he kept messaging the girl from behind bars.
They are also awaiting the impending arrival of the fruit of his loins....
BARF

Last edited:
Back