• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
190923-charles-anderson.jpg

A Michigan police officer who was fired from his job after Confederate and Ku Klux Klan memorabilia were found in his home told investigators that he had the racist items because he’s a collector and a “Dukes of Hazzard” superfan.

The revelation was made public on Monday when authorities in Muskegon released hundreds of pages of documents related to their investigation into fired officer Charles Anderson.

The report includes interviews with Anderson, who repeatedly told investigators that a Confederate flag and other Confederate-themed items in his house were an homage to the “Dukes of Hazzard.”

“I have a very, very large collection of the ‘Dukes of Hazzard.’ I have gone to their meets. They call it a Duke’s Fest. It’s where you go down south and you meet in a state and all ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ fans get together … ” Anderson told a detective when asked about a Confederate placemat and a Confederate flag in his house.

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/09/23/cop-fired-over-kkk-confederate-memorabilia-im-just-a-dukes-of-hazzard-fanboy/

I think I would admit to being racist and a KKK fan before I would ever admit to even knowing shit all about the Dukes of Hazzard other than Catherine Bach's awesome ass.

No winning this one David Duke!

Is it illegal to collect KKK, Confederate, and Dukes of Hazzard memorabilia? Unless his job record proves unethical or illegal behavior I don't see how they have a case against him.
I got an error trying to download the pdf file, so maybe there is something damning there, but seems to me he can appeal the firing.
It was pretty stupid not to put that collection away when trying to sell a house.

Back