• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

I'm gonna dedicate this one to @SimplySpaztastic because she feels so passionately about this particular story :penguin:

A Colorado television technician is facing felony charges for allegedly hugging a customer tightly.

Karen Loest told a local news outlet that David Novinski, a subcontractor for Dish Network, gave her a "bear hug," pinning her arms and chest painfully, as she was showing him out after he completed his work this month.

The 70-year-old former sheriff's deputy said feared she might be raped. She said she pushed him away and told him to leave and he waited awhile and apologized before leaving.

He is charged with trespassing and causing bodily injury to an at-risk adult.

His attorney, Mike McCullough, said Novinski often hugs people and gave Loest a three-second hug before leaving.

Daaaaaamn this bitch is an insufferable drama queen.

“I walked over to see him out, and he proceeded to turn and put me in a bear hug,” Loest said.

This 70-year-old former Arapahoe County Sheriff’s deputy said she was terrified.

“At that point, I didn’t know whether I was going to be raped … thrown down on the floor,” she said. “He has me pinned — my arms and chest — and it hurt.”

[...]

Loest says she’s physically OK now, but suffers emotionally and has been concerned for her safety.

“[Novinski] scared me,” she said. “I didn’t sleep for two or three days after that and I’m still not sleeping well. He knows where I live.”

[...]

A protective order has been issued ordering Novinski to stay away from Loest.

https://kdvr.com/2019/04/18/dish-ne...llegedly-bear-hugging-elbert-county-customer/

Should he be fired? Absolutely, that's some weird fucking behavior! But why are the courts involving themselves with this psycho's claim that a hug caused her actual harm? This is when the judge should mock her dramatic ass in court, not actually grant a restraining order.

Creepy guy needed to keep his hugs reserved for his old auntie and not customers. When I worked services jobs I shook men's hands, rarely ladies, and only if they extended their hands first. Fire him? Yes, probably, a serial hugger won't change, and he will wreck your business. Restraining order? Well, I did know a serial hugger who ended up coming back to a client later in the evening and raping her. You never know. This is too hard for me, with experiences to call. Better to err on the side of caution when in doubt. Sorry, I'm very sympathetic to this ladies fears.

I don't see where it says she's claiming PTSD from this, I mean surely a sheriff's deputy has seen much worse? I wonder if she already has PTSD and he triggered it. I have c-PTSD and any stranger touching me, especially unexpectedly, is going to garner a bad reaction and if it happened in my own home someone's probably gonna end up hurt. So I could see it from that angle.

I don't see where it says she's claiming PTSD from this, I mean surely a sheriff's deputy has seen much worse? I wonder if she already has PTSD and he triggered it. I have c-PTSD and any stranger touching me, especially unexpectedly, is going to garner a bad reaction and if it happened in my own home someone's probably gonna end up hurt. So I could see it from that angle.

What is c-PTSD? I have "developmental. long-term multi-trauma PTSD" and have been going to a certified EMDR therapist going on 3 years now. Never heard of "c-PTSD" so please enlighten me? Thanks.

What is c-PTSD? I have "developmental. long-term multi-trauma PTSD" and have been going to a certified EMDR therapist going on 3 years now. Never heard of "c-PTSD" so please enlighten me? Thanks.

Sounds like it might be a very similar thing. The C stands for Complex. It's not a separate stand alone diagnosis yet but there's promise it might be in the DSM-VI when it comes out.

Back