• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Colorado Parks and Wildlife officials are warning people not to touch wildlife after a Colorado Springs woman picked up an injured bobcat and put it in her car along with her child on Wednesday.
full

[....]
CPW said the bobcat was mortally wounded and was too injured to react to the woman picking it up and putting it in her SUV. But they issued a terse warning.

“No one should EVER try this,” CPW tweeted. “This could have been tragic.”

CPW advises people to call them if they spot injured wildlife and to never pick up any wild animals.
[....]

They were both trapped in a car with an injured wild animal and the baby was double trapped, in the car and the seat. She may have been able to get out if the bobcat attacked but the baby stood absolutely no chance at all. Just why are people so stupid?

I would never put an animal in the car with my baby or even older child.
Injured or not, wild or domestic.
That's what animal control is for.

All that being said, I once was paged to the unloading area at the shelter to put an injured animal down. I opened the compartment door and saw what I thought was a ragged older German shepherd mix. It was facing away from me.
I started petting and sympathetic talking to it.
I ended up giving it the shot in the hind leg since that was easier on the dog.

Well, right after I started the push, it turned its head and looked at me.
It was a coyote.
:oops:

It wouldn't be my best idea (sadly, probably not my worst either), but if I was driving alone I'd probably risk my life and safety for an injured bobcat.

If I have to die by getting eaten alive, I absolutely want to be devoured by a big cat.

It's the circle of liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife.

It wouldn't be my best idea (sadly, probably not my worst either), but if I was driving alone I'd probably risk my life and safety for an injured bobcat.

If I have to die by getting eaten alive, I absolutely want to be devoured by a big cat.

It's the circle of liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife.
Bobcats aren't very big so it would probably not kill you. The upside, you would probably get some badass scars. Scars make great party stories.

Maybe she was just taking it home so she could make a nice pair of gloves for this winter.
Heheheh. I stopped on the highway for a dead bobcat once. I was on my way to work, but still close to home. The body was still warm. I was mulling about taking it back home, or putting it in the trunk, and skinning it after work, but then I'd probably get poison oak. But what if it was unconcious? I'd heard stories about wild animals reviving in cars! Better just push it off the bank and go my way. But what a great opportunity to practice skinning something bigger, and I'd have a bobcat skull! Etc. etc
While I was mulling possibilities by the roadside, a grumpy Highway Patrol officer pulled up, so I left.

Back