• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – A Colorado man was in custody after the killing of his neighbor was recorded on the victim's cellphone, police said.

James W. Hanlon, 53, turned himself in Friday night to police in the Denver area.

Colorado Springs police Lt. Howard Black said no other details were being released because the investigation was ongoing.

Police had been looking for Hanlon since Wednesday, when 63-year-old Gary Dolce was shot to death in Colorado Springs. A phone found next to Dolce's body contained a recording of the shooting.

An arrest affidavit says the video shows a blue SUV with a driver who is wearing a disposable glove and pointing a black handgun at Dolce.

Several shots are fired and Dolce is seen falling to the ground yelling "Oh my God!" before more shots are heard.

The shooting occurred about an hour after Hanlon was cited by authorities for having an aggressive animal. In an audio recording regarding that incident, an animal control officer and Hanlon can be heard talking about a fence separating his property from Dolce's, the affidavit states.

It also says police responded to an altercation between Dolce and Hanlon more than a month before the shooting.

Whoops. That phone'll fuck ya' balls-deep anymore.

And yet... People still bring cell phones to a fun fight .... You'd think they'd be smarter.... I wonder if this guy is a sick fuck that played the video on a loop
Post automatically merged:

And yet... People still bring cell phones to a fun fight .... You'd think they'd be smarter.... I wonder if this guy is a sick fuck that played the video on a loop
Gun* fight

Gun* fight

Since you're new, I'll point out that if you go Bold, for just $1 a month, you can edit your posts when you make a mess of them like this.

And so you don't think I'm being a jerk, I'll tell you a funny topical story on the house.

Downtown Wilmington has been reclaimed from the rabble (read: underprivileged local residents) for the Tourists, largely through saturation-level deployment of Local Law Enforcement. This is simply Good Business, Wilmington being, in part, a Tourist Town. There's a part of near-downtown Wilmington that has been only partially subdued (Castle Street from 5th to about 10th) and turned into an Arts (read: vin-tique thrift store) District, with a few restaurants, and an authentic aura of "real life might happen at any moment" that attracts a certain grade of tourist like a rotten corpse does a blowfly.

Not too long ago, the inevitable broad-daylight purse-snatching occurred and one such tourist vaulted into that White Knight saddle of yore and confronted the miscreant, brandishing his iPhone and barking "stop or I'll call the police" like a Figure of Authority, for which transgression the miscreant calmly busted a cap in his knee, took his cellphone and strolled away.

The miscreant was not apprehended. The tourist went home on crutches.

Since you're new, I'll point out that if you go Bold, for just $1 a month, you can edit your posts when you make a mess of them like this.

And so you don't think I'm being a jerk, I'll tell you a funny topical story on the house.

Downtown Wilmington has been reclaimed from the rabble (read: underprivileged local residents) for the Tourists, largely through saturation-level deployment of Local Law Enforcement. This is simply Good Business, Wilmington being, in part, a Tourist Town. There's a part of near-downtown Wilmington that has been only partially subdued (Castle Street from 5th to about 10th) and turned into an Arts (read: vin-tique thrift store) District, with a few restaurants, and an authentic aura of "real life might happen at any moment" that attracts a certain grade of tourist like a rotten corpse does a blowfly.

Not too long ago, the inevitable broad-daylight purse-snatching occurred and one such tourist vaulted into that White Knight saddle of yore and confronted the miscreant, brandishing his iPhone and barking "stop or I'll call the police" like a Figure of Authority, for which transgression the miscreant calmly busted a cap in his knee, took his cellphone and strolled away.

The miscreant was not apprehended. The tourist went home on crutches.

I'm not actually new..... I have lost my login two or three times my old name is flavored mango as well... Just spaced out unlike this one lol and I believe another name was mother of all evil or something along those lines but I was thinking about the bold so long as I keep this login .....

I love jerks! That's what makes the demon top reading material! So go on... Be a jerk lol.

I will def give it all a read... I haven't been on here for a bit..... I got into the crazy Facebook mix .... I first came across this bc my nephews dad was on here... Good ol Benjamin courtway ( I think the article on here is Ben Courtway?) Anyways I've been on here since then.... I just can't seem to keep my logins

Haha! And did he ever see his iPhone again? That's my question .. these days it seems to cost more then a knee cap....

I'm not actually new..... I have lost my login two or three times my old name is flavored mango as well... Just spaced out unlike this one lol and I believe another name was mother of all evil or something along those lines but I was thinking about the bold so long as I keep this login .....

I love jerks! That's what makes the demon top reading material! So go on... Be a jerk lol.

I will def give it all a read... I haven't been on here for a bit..... I got into the crazy Facebook mix .... I first came across this bc my nephews dad was on here... Good ol Benjamin courtway ( I think the article on here is Ben Courtway?) Anyways I've been on here since then.... I just can't seem to keep my logins

Haha! And did he ever see his iPhone again? That's my question .. these days it seems to cost more then a knee cap....
My bad for mistaking you for a n00b. And the shooter was never arrested that I know of, and homeboy had to go back to Ohio (I think it was) without his cellphone. No good deed goes unpunished...

My bad for mistaking you for a n00b. And the shooter was never arrested that I know of, and homeboy had to go back to Ohio (I think it was) without his cellphone. No good deed goes unpunished...

It's ok... It's not always bad being a noob lol! And it's def obvious why anyone would think I am haha.... Stupid me!

Fuck if you do and fuck if you don't I guess...... That's all around bad luck for that dude!!! I think he needs to go rub a buddah belly!! Lol

That would be my luck... have my phone in my pocket going live on Facebook or something totally incriminating myself... not that I would ever kill anyone.

I'm right along with you!! Lol if I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all!! Only way I'd ever kill anyone is to protect our house and home.... Plus the family... I guess they're kinda special lol.

A Colorado Springs man shot his neighbor several times over a dog dispute three years ago, killing him, an El Paso County jury found Tuesday in convicting him of first-degree murder.

James Hanlon, 56, was sentenced to life in prison without parole in the fatal shooting of 63-year-old Gary Dolce on March 27, 2019. Hanlon was also convicted on two counts of aggravated witness intimidation.
Hanlon's lawyers said Tuesday that their client's lethal actions were "hasty and impulsive," adding that Hanlon feared for his life because he thought Dolce was holding a gun and appeared in a shooting stance. The video captures Dolce's reflection on the vehicle, holding up what the prosecution say is a phone in one hand and dogs in his other arm.

The defense also said that Dolce harassed Hanlon and his family before his death, and that Hanlon went looking for Dolce in an effort to protect his family.
Prosecutors rejected the defense's claim that Hanlon acted out of impulse, adding that he left the scene, disposed of the gun and bought new clothes before he turned himself in two days after police named him as a suspect in the case.

Back