• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...star-golfer-celia-barquin-arozamena/23530962/

A 22-year-old man has been charged with murder after a former Iowa State golfer was found dead on a golf course in Ames, Iowa, on Monday morning.

Police have charged Collin Daniel Richards with first-degree murder in the death of Celia Barquin Arozamena, Ames police announced on Monday night. Arozamena was the 2018 Big 12 champion and the Iowa State Female Athlete of the Year last year.

Police were called to Coldwater Golf Links in Ames around 10:30 a.m. on Monday morning after golfers on the course found an unattended golf bag on the course. They then found Arozamena “some distance away,” and determined that she had been assaulted before she died.

Police declined to comment on where the body was found or what injuries she suffered. Richards, police said, has no known address.

“Celia had an infectious smile, a bubbly personality and anyone fortunate enough to know her was blessed,” Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard said in a statement. “Our Cyclone family mourns the tragic loss of Celia, a spectacular student-athlete and ISU ambassador.”

Arozamena, who hailed from Puente San Miguel, Spain, won the 2018 Big 12 Championship by three strokes in April, and earned All-Big 12 team honors three times in her collegiate career. She was ranked No. 69 nationally by Golfweek, and led the team in stroke average, top-10 finishes and birdies last season. She was also the Iowa State career leader in stroke average, and her 16 top-10 finishes was the second-best in Iowa State history.

“We are all devastated,” Iowa State women’s golf coach Christie Martens said in a statement. “Celia was a beautiful person who was loved by all her teammates and friends. She loved Iowa State and was an outstanding representative for our school. We will never forget her competitive drive to be the best and her passion for life.”

From CK.

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2018/09...d-to-death-in-pond-homeless-suspect-arrested/
collin-richards-celia-barquin-arozamena-whotv-iowa-state-u-cwd-820x430.jpg

NEVADA, Iowa -- (WHO) -- Twenty-two-year-old Collin Richards went before a judge in Nevada, Iowa on Tuesday, where a $5 million cash-only bond was set. Richards is charged with first-degree murder in the death of 22-year-old Celia Barquin Arozamena, an Iowa State University student and former member of the ISU women’s golf team from Puente San Miguel, Spain.

The criminal complaint in the case says Barquin Arozamena’s body was found in a pond shortly after 11 a.m. Monday and “the victim sustained several stab wounds to the upper torso, head, and neck.”

While investigators were on scene they encountered a man walking on a nearby trail who said, “What did he do to her?” While speaking with law enforcement the man identified Richards, who he had been staying with in a nearby homeless camp, and told them within the past few days he “had made a statement to the effect of having an urge to rape and kill a woman.”

Around 2 p.m. officers located the camp and while in the area they were approached by Richards. The complaint says officers noticed he had several fresh scratches on his face and a deep laceration on his left hand that he tried to conceal. Richards told officers he stayed with another man during the day. When police interviewed him the man told them Richards “had appeared disheveled and covered in blood, sand, and water.” Officers found bloody clothing that tested positive for human blood in a backpack in Richards’ possession. Police also recovered a knife Richards had given to witnesses in the case.

It'll turn out to be a sex crime, unrelated to the sport. Or possibly some loser ex-boyfriend/wannabe boyfriend, whom she was leaving behind with her sporting career.

Such promise.

He's a random homeless dude who had mentioned to witnesses previously that he wanted to rape and kill a woman. I posted a dupe somewhere that should be merged with this one eventually.

Must have caught her totally by surprise - too bad she couldn't have tee'd off on this pos with her driver.

He looks like Ted Cruz

Just as soulless too it seems.

At no point in this stains life was he ever deserving of anything but a small cage.

She was in the wrong place at the wrong time I suppose.
I wonder what impression her family at home in Spain would have of America at this point?

Ted Cruz Jr did solve his being homeless though.
It surprises me that more people that are in that situation of no hope haven't turned to committing murder in order to get three squares, a roof over the head and cared for the rest of their lives

The man who admitted murdering Iowa State University golf star Celia Barquin Arozamena was sentenced to life in prison Friday morning.

Collin Richards pleaded guilty to first-degree murder on June 14th. Richards attacked Barquin Arozamena on Coldwater Golf Links in Ames on September 17th, 2018. Her body was found in a pond by other golfers.

Richards had been staying in a homeless camp near the course.

He sent a letter to the judge in the case earlier this month saying “I want to show remorse for stripping a life from society, worse from a loving family. I want the family and you to know I am sorry.”

Richards goes on to say “change” is his mission and a new life is his goal. He pledges to use all resources and steps saying “if there is anything I can do I will.”

During the sentencing hearing Friday morning the judge said she hopes Richards’ remorse is sincere.

Richards will have no possibility for parole and must pay $150,000 in restitution to the family of Barquin Arozamena.

Back