• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Nike quietly scrapped a plan to sell an American flag-themed sneaker after Colin Kaepernick said he found the image offensive, a report said.

The sneaker company’s Air Max 1 USA featured an early version of the American flag in celebration of the July Fourth holiday and was scheduled to go on sale this week, according to The Wall Street Journal.

After sending the sneakers to retailers, the company asked to have them back.

“Nike has chosen not to release the Air Max 1 Quick Strike Fourth of July as it featured the old version of the American flag,” a Nike spokeswoman told the paper.

Kaepernick reached out to the company after images of the sneaker bearing the Betsy Ross flag were posted online, the Journal said.

The former NFL quarterback said the image was offensive because of its connection to slavery.

Full Story:

Arizona Governor Doug Ducey said on Tuesday in a Tweet he will order the state’s commerce authority to withdraw all financial incentive dollars for the shoe company to locate in the state after Nike said it’s dropping its Betsy Ross American flag sneakers.

Nike has been planning to build a manufacturing plant on metro Phoenix’s west side, which is expected to bring 500 jobs to the area, The Arizona Republic reported on Monday. The Goodyear City Council on Monday had agreed to waive up to nearly $1 million in review and permit fees and reimburse up to $1 million for the jobs it will create, the paper reported.
[....]
“It is a shameful retreat for the company. American businesses should be proud of our country’s history, not abandoning it,” wrote Ducey on Twitter.

“Nike has made its decision, and now we’re making ours. I’ve ordered the Arizona Commerce Authority to withdraw all financial incentive dollars under their discretion that the State was providing for the company to locate here.”
[....]
Nike did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Jesus christ, this fucking country. Can I please get a fucking reboot of the world? I want to see the stink raised when someone starts flying the Rising Sun flag, or makes a shoe of it. Or hmmm what about the Spanish flag circa 1500? You know when it was all "Convert or Die"

Fucking people are stupid and this shit is getting out of hand.

What doesn't make sense is that they MADE the shoes and even sent them out to stores. Then somehow they asked or Colin said it offended him and they called them all back. Since when do they have to run anything by him first??

Yeah this sounds like some bullshit my old MAGA uncle puts on his facebook page. Nike sells whatever makes them money, including Kaepernik stuff. They figured out that supporting Kaep made them more money than it cost them. It's that simple.

Kaepernik is making zero marketing/production/distribution decisions for Nike. They hire smart people to do that lol.

Actually he could make a difference if he came out publicly negative about the shoe representing slavery, they used the idiot now they’re stuck with him. Kaepernick was probably hoping for another payday from Nike to keep his mouth shut, but they figured if they started paying blackmail there would be no end to it

What doesn't make sense is that they MADE the shoes and even sent them out to stores. Then somehow they asked or Colin said it offended him and they called them all back. Since when do they have to run anything by him first??
Likely never, and linking this to CK is a steaming pile.

Kaepernick is a true pile of shit, always was. Always will be, from when he first changed his BS about the flag to the liberal press ignoring his original press about the military and now Nike proves they’re as big of assholes as he is

Nike is showing consistency by listening to Kaepernick, the star of the brand’s “Just Do It” campaign last year that ultimately proved a win for the company, said Chris Allieri, founder of New York public relations firm Mulberry & Astor.

“Listening to somebody that has helped the brand in so many countless ways, it makes sense. It would be completely hypocritical for them not to listen to him,” Allieri said.

Actually he could make a difference if he came out publicly negative about the shoe representing slavery, they used the idiot now they’re stuck with him. Kaepernick was probably hoping for another payday from Nike to keep his mouth shut, but they figured if they started paying blackmail there would be no end to it

Most of our products really do represent slavery if you look at the factories.

photo-2019-07-03-23-03-23.jpg

I think the whole Kapernick connection sounds highly unlikely.
I don't know why you are so sure of that. He has made a career complaining about symbolism.
From the original WSJ article. LINK
Nike is yanking a U.S.A.-themed sneaker featuring an early American flag after NFL star-turned-activist Colin Kaepernick told the company it shouldn’t sell a shoe with a symbol that he and others consider offensive, according to people familiar with the matter.
[...]
After images of the shoe were posted online, Mr. Kaepernick, a Nike endorser, reached out to company officials saying that he and others felt the Betsy Ross flag is an offensive symbol because of its connection to an era of slavery, the people said. Some users on social media responded to posts about the shoe with similar concerns. Mr. Kaepernick declined to comment.
[...]

photo-2019-07-03-23-03-23.jpg

I don't know why you are so sure of that. He has made a career complaining about symbolism.
From the original WSJ article. LINK
Thank you hadn't seen that. there is another angle to the company's decision. The Betsy Ross flag has become the chosen version of the American flag for White supremacist groups. They have the right to not become identified with, or supply identifying gear. It's refreshing to see a company take a stand on a social issue. Another company has stepped up to provide Betsy Ross flag t-shirts. My favorite flag? Don't tread on me.

I'm sick to death hearing about this useless, fuck ..
Post automatically merged:

Bravo!

Standing ovation ..

Last edited:
I wonder how much they were going to sell for?

Those name brand shoes come with outrageous prices.

I would never put out that kind of money for a pair of sneakers again.

I buy good shoes. I'm on pair #5 of ariat canyon boots. I used to have problems with my feet. Bone spurs etc. These shoe/boots have cured my feet pain.

I used to wear sneakers.

This encapsulates it well: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/04/opinion/nike-kaepernick-america.html

Fact is Kaepernick would say the same about any US flag on a Nike shoe or garment.

The story has resonated widely not because it’s outrageous, but because it’s predictable. It’s a similar story with Mayim Bialik’s cringing apology for her alleged “victim-blaming” in the Harvey Weinstein saga, or Adidas pulling a sneaker it had designed for Black History Month because it was white, or the firing of Google engineer James Damore because he wrote a memo that offended corporate orthodoxies.

If the House of York had fallen to the Lancastrians as quickly as corporate and academic America has capitulated to Woke culture, the War of the Roses would have been over in a week.

I’m writing this column on the eve of July 4. But the country I’m describing each year seems to feel the spirit of 1776 less and the spirit of 1789 more. “Armed with the ‘truth,’ Jacobins could brand any individuals who dared to disagree with them traitors or fanatics,” historian Susan Dunn wrote of the French Revolution. “Any distinction between their own political adversaries and the people’s ‘enemies’ was obliterated.”

Today’s Jacobins don’t have the means, but they do have the will. Look at what happened to gadfly journalist Andy Ngo when he tried to report on radical counter-protests in Portland and ended up being violently assaulted by Antifa protesters. Antifa is not typical, but the “yes, but” excuses progressives have offered for Ngo’s assault hint at how readily those progressives would embrace violence if circumstances allowed.

Last edited:
Back