• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

A mother of two who disappeared 40 years ago was murdered by her husband, Wisconsincold case detectives said this week.

Muskego Police charged John Bayerl, 78, of Fort Meyers, Fla., with first-degree murder in the death of 38-year-old Dona Mae Bayerl on May 6, 1979. Her body has not been found. Bayerl showed up in a Wisconsin courtroom Thursday in a wheelchair and was jailed.

The Bayerls were the parents of two girls, Jodie, 7, and Jackie, 4, at the time of the disappearance.

"The police would come I would just tell them basically what I was told from my dad I think, which was that I went to bed, he heard some noises like a door slam or something like that and when I woke up she wasn't there," daughter Jodie Jarvis said in 2017, WTMJ-TV reported Thursday. "Just imagine if you didn't know where your mother was. It's not a nice way to grow up."

I feel like doing backflips when a long cold case is solved and this is the second one I've read about today here at the demon.
At some future time and place all that was done in darkness will be exposed to the light. May the thought of that whisper incessantly into the ear of all those who murder innocence.

Last edited:
Back