• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Cladd

Hey DDers...
Originally joined back during the Casey Anthony shitshow and was known as Claddaghgirl back then. Met great friends that I’m still in touch with, some not so much anymore.

I lived in Ireland when I first joined but now back in MA where I actually grew up. I can see that DD has not changed much, thankfully. Still dark and only slightly scary.

Jumping back into the forums - hopefully I survive...

Cheers,
Cladd (Kim)

Hey DDers...
Originally joined back during the Casey Anthony shitshow and was known as Claddaghgirl back then. Met great friends that I’m still in touch with, some not so much anymore.

I lived in Ireland when I first joined but now back in MA where I actually grew up. I can see that DD has not changed much, thankfully. Still dark and only slightly scary.

Jumping back into the forums - hopefully I survive...

Cheers,
Cladd (Kim)
Slainte!

Hi @Cladd
All you had to say was Ireland :D I was actually set to move there when I was 22. Then out of nowhere my now husband wanted to buy a house. Go figure lol.
Im so obsessed with it I’m in the process of learning the Irish brogue on an app and man is it an odd and fascinating language. My dad was adopted and ancestry says I have family there and it’s so amazing. I’m babbling.
It’s nice to meet you

Hi @Ducky
Babble away...Ireland is beautiful and I always recommend people visit there for at least 2 weeks. Even then you won't get to see it all! I hope you make it over there eventually!! I lived in Dublin and we have our own brogue (flat Dublin speak is hard to master and very funny to hear for outsiders). Let me know if you have any questions about Eire, I'd be glad to answer them for you.
Cheers!

Hi @Ducky
Babble away...Ireland is beautiful and I always recommend people visit there for at least 2 weeks. Even then you won't get to see it all! I hope you make it over there eventually!! I lived in Dublin and we have our own brogue (flat Dublin speak is hard to master and very funny to hear for outsiders). Let me know if you have any questions about Eire, I'd be glad to answer them for you.
Cheers!

My mother's people are from Cork, and I loved to listen to her grandfather talk as a child, but never managed to pick up much Irish language from him as a child, as I only saw him every few years at the McK's clan family gatherings. Oh, but the flow and lilt of his words were musical to my wee ears! ;)

Hi @Ducky
Cheers!

I will definitely let you know. Thanks! Ya I say words to my girls that sound funny and they love it. Especially when you have to like use your throat to pronounce it.

I love Ireland so much. One day when my kids are adults, I’m going to move there for a bit. Maybe for forever. It’s calling me.
Nice to meet you!
Post automatically merged:

My mother's people are from Cork, and I loved to listen to her grandfather talk as a child, but never managed to pick up much Irish language from him as a child, as I only saw him every few years at the McK's clan family gatherings. Oh, but the flow and lilt of his words were musical to my wee ears! ;)

Ooooh really?!? So awesome...
Yes I know exactly what you mean, the language of the faeries... :D
I love it. It’s such a hard language. Especially with the order of the words.

This took me son long to write lol. Trying to make breakfast but I just really really want to fantasize about Ireland rn.

Last edited:
My dads side are from Wales (men are a bit of alright too and the Scots).

My dad's people were from Wales, waaayyyy back in time, but we still carry the Welsh sir name, which is a common "Son of ..." Welsh name. ;)
And Lordt knows, how I've tried to pick up Welsh phonetically over the past 40+ years, but the spelling *always* confuses the hell out of me - so many consonants, it's almost like Navaho! :p

Back