• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A nonpartisan candidate for city council in Southern California has been accused of dropping off his elderly, wheelchair-bound mother to panhandle for the last decade, even though they're not homeless.

David Chey has been caught on camera leaving Soon Chey, 86, in her wheelchair in the downtown district of Laguna Beach with a sign that reads, 'please, help me.'

'They have a brand new car, live in a condo in Irvine, yet beg for our help,' local business owner Heidi Miller told DailyMail.com.

'And Adult Protective Services have gone out there and can't do anything, because she says she enjoys begging. He's pretty much brainwashed her.'

'We have a tremendous homeless problem in Laguna Beach, as every place does,' Miller said.

'And what the Cheys have been doing for 12 years is taking money from Laguna residents and tourists and going back to a cozy apartment in Irvine in a brand new car and taking money away from homeless people.'

Chey's 2018 candidate statement for City of Irivine council member describes him as a self-employed entrepreneur.

He added that he's running 'to help residents achieve the American Dream. To be better than your parents. And to have high education. To be able to contribute positively to society,' during a public forum, according to Hansen's piece published by the Los Angeles Times.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...opping-wheelchair-bound-mom-86-panhandle.html

This is too coincidental.
There was a woman here in the city that used to panhandle around town.
She had one of those electric disco cripple wagons...oops...mobility scooters she would be on.
She would run into people, then give them a business card asking for money cuz she claimed to be mute.

Anyhoo, long story short she and her hubby had a gorgeous old home. Everyday she would get picked up by him at a parking lot at the ice arena, then drive home. She would get out and walk right up the front stairs and on in.

Turns out they were loaded from properties they owned.
Word got out and she went ino hiding.
At one time an angry group protested outside their home for a week.
It was glorious!

I was unaware that you had to be homeless to panhandle. In no way am I saying its ok to do what she was doing... but if all her sign said was "Help Me" then its on the person or persons for giving her money. Seems to me its a moral thing than anything else.

The voters will let him know how they feel about it. He'll not be elected.
You do see the idiots California keeps electing and re-electing don't you??
Post automatically merged:

The voters will let him know how they feel about it. He'll not be elected.
You do see the idiots California keeps electing and re-electing don't you??

The pan handlers in downtown Baltimore is getting out of hand, almost all the fuckers are white, they all hold a sign begging for cash and walked between the cars stopped at the lights. I'm like "fuck you asshole", use some of that "white privilege" you lazy shit. There are only two kinds of fucking beggers here, one are the liars like that California fuck, the other is fucking junkies. Get a fucking job or fucking die, I don't care either way you shitbags. Very few blacks beg in the city, most will sale you shit, like a bottle of water while you stop at the light, or kids will clean your windshield (we call them "squeegee kids"), others will just mug you, though that is not a common as one thinks.

Back