• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
http://www.wlwt.com/news/mom-reject...-death-penalty-at-girls-murder-trial/39716688

[doublepost=1464919214,1464915859][/doublepost]found the update on where is baby kate. Did some googling.. smdh. =(
Good! Fry the bitch! Even though the human rights posse will be protesting that the "death penalty is wrong!" This poor baby didn't die quickly, or was she given a real chance, she suffered for God knows how long and went through a painful hell, according to all the injuries documented. They both deserve to die a slow painful death. There is no rehabilitation for animals like this. Save taxpayers money and pull the plug now! Regarding a case that is cut and dry, like this one, there should not be hundreds of thousands (even millions) spent in investigating and a trial. A few days to determine facts and off wit ya head! Hope that little angel is looking down on her siblings. Just sad and emotionally draining.

This story has all the usual, tragic, horrific underpinnings...
  • Failure by JFS (and by the sound of it, likely false reports by the case worker/workers.)
  • A mom with more kids than you can count, by multiple men, despite the fact she clearly HATES being a mother.
  • Another unwanted bun in the oven (because apparently these monsters are too damn stupid to use contraceptives).
  • They starve their precious child to death, while they themselves are a couple of hambeasts who clearly never miss a meal.
  • They mercilessly beat a weak, tiny, defenseless child - their own child - so far beyond anything you could consider within the realm of rational human thought, let alone the love and care of any sane parent, that it truly boggles the mind.
There is so much more I could say, but this story just has me so damn sad. Everything about what this child (and her siblings) endured is way, way beyond a horror movie. These two must be possessed to even be capable of such atrocities. :(:bigtears:

Last edited:
I don't think young parents or parents of large numbers of children are bad simply because of those things but when one (or both) of those factors is present in a story then I comment. Because maybe had she not been so young or had so many, then maybe this one would be alive.

Oh I don't believe that at all. A young parent frustrated and overwhelmed with a bunch of kids would more than likely abuse all her children. It may seem weird but they are frustrated with kids that gets on their nerves, I do believe they love their children. In this case, being older and having less children wouldn't have changed a thing. They possessed such a vicious hatred for this child that the Only way Glenara would be alive today would've been to get her away from these people and sever parental rights so they could never get her back. That was never going to happen so Glenara's sad and tragic story ended up here. Plus, there has to be a sort of sadistic satisfaction, enjoyment, out of torturing your child until you finally kill her.

When 2-year-old Glenara Bates died, she was 13 pounds — a weight more typical for a 3-month-old.

The day she was killed, prosecutors say her father swung her and slammed her against a door. She cried … and then silence.

The abuse Glenara faced likely wasn’t a shock to county officials in Ohio — she was briefly placed in foster care after she was born in January 2013.

Still, officials placed Glenara back in her parents’ Cincinnati home, where, court records say, she endured abuse at the hands of her parents for the rest of her short life.

A federal civil rights lawsuit filed by Glenara’s maternal grandmother, Desana Bradley, says that social services officials knew the toddler was being abused — and still left her with her parents.

Glenara was “removed from the cruel and inhumane custody of her parents … and then thrown back into that squalor and depravity,” according to the lawsuit, which was filed against the Hamilton County Job and Family Services, its caseworkers and county officials. The complaint also states that Glenara had five other siblings, most of whom had been in foster care at some point.

As the lawsuit remains pending, a jury found Glenara’s father, Glen Bates, guilty of murder, aggravated murder and endangering children Monday, a year and a half after Glenara’s death. Bates, 34, and the child’s mother, Andrea Bradley, 30, were indicted last year.

During a jury trial that began last week in Hamilton County, Ohio, Glenara’s 10-year-old sister testified that she saw Bates swing the toddler.

“I saw her head get banged on the wall. … I guess they got mad,” the 10-year-old said. “He hit her, he held her and hit her head against the wall.”

The 10-year-old also testified about how her mother, Bradley, treated the toddler.

“My mom didn’t like her, so she got … beat,” she said.

According to the lawsuit, which was filed last December, Bradley took Glenara to the hospital in December 2014. Doctors and medical staff noted that she was malnourished, severely underweight and unable to walk. At that time, Glenara weighed a little over 17 pounds, the complaint says.

Glenara was taken back to her parents’ home after the hospital visit, and the abuse was not reported to police as required by state law. In Ohio, failure to report suspicion of abuse or neglect is considered a misdemeanor. It’s unclear whether anyone has been charged for not reporting the abuse.

By the time Glenara died three months later, she had lost four more pounds, weighing less than half of what an average 2-year-old girl should weigh, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

In a statement to ABC affiliate WCPO, Moira Weir, director for Hamilton County Job and Family Services who’s also a defendant in the lawsuit, said that a preliminary review showed that “we failed to follow our own policies and procedures” in Glenara’s case.

“We are conducting further internal reviews and will also have an independent reviewer examine our casework and practice,” Weir said in the statement.

Read more:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-ignored-it-a-lawsuit-claims-now-she-is-dead/

For at least the second time, a mother charged with aggravated murder in connection with her 2-year-old daughter's death rejected a plea deal Monday.

After discussing a deal with attorneys for hours Monday morning, Bradley rejected the deal and requested a bench trial in the death of her 2-year-old daughter.

The trial by judge is now scheduled to begin Jan. 3.

Bradley's trial was postponed last year after questions emerged about her overall mental competence and ability to assist in her own defense.

Earlier this year, the judge determined that she was fit to stand trial, though her IQ is below the court-determined threshold that would allow the state to put her to death.

Mom accused of murder: 'The world want the death penalty, give it to them'

Her daughter, Glenara Bates, was starved, beaten and bitten before she died in March 2015. She weighed 13 pounds when she died.

The child's father, Glen Bates, was convicted of murder and sentenced to death in 2016.
http://www.wlwt.com/article/mom-accused-in-childs-murder-asks-for-bench-trial/14012757

. Earlier this year, the judge determined that she was fit to stand trial, though her IQ is below the court-determined threshold that would allow the state to put her to death.
I have mixed feelings about this.

Andrea Bradley didn't care one bit about her baby daughter, but she sure seems to care about her hair. Even at her most recent court appearance, she is sporting long braids with false blonde hair added in. I am very surprised that is possible in jail? I just looked at pics of her over the past couple years, and she has had variously colored long braids in every pic.

I think the "False blonde hair" is actually yarn.
Yarn is allowed in jail for crafts.
Remember when Martha Stewart left prison sporting a poncho made by an inmate, and everyone was making them for a while? The jail ponchos
are made with giant plastic crochet hooks because that's all that's allowed. Well, they use yarns scraps for hair
Gotta have weave! There are photos of Bradley outside jail with the yarn do. I guess she couldnt afford anything else.

01/03/18

The mother of a 2-year-old Ohio girl who was starved and beaten to death has pleaded no contest to murder and child endangering charges.

Thirty-one-year-old Andrea Bradley entered the plea Wednesday in a courtroom in Cincinnati. Bradley and her boyfriend were both charged in the March 29, 2015, death of their daughter, Glenara Bates.

Prosecutors said Glenara weighed 13 pounds when she died. They said she had belt and bite marks, bruises, missing teeth, broken ribs, head trauma and other injuries.

Bradley’s attorney, William Welsh, said that she is “definitely remorseful.”

The Cincinnati woman also had been charged with aggravated murder. She could be sentenced to 23 years to life in prison.
http://www.news-herald.com/general-...rged-in-starved-girls-death-pleads-no-contest

"Definitely remorseful."
Yeah, see, if it didn't happen in the first place, this wouldn't be an issue

Jan 25, 2018

The mother of a 2-year-old Ohio girl who was starved and beaten to death has been sentenced to 15 years to life in prison.

Thirty-one-year-old Andrea Bradley was sentenced Wednesday in Cincinnati. She pleaded no contest earlier this month to murder and child endangering charges. Bradley and her boyfriend were both charged in the March 2015 death of their daughter, Glenara Bates.

Hamilton County prosecutors have said the child had belt and bite marks, bruises, head trauma and other injuries and weighed only 13 pounds when she died.

The child's father, Glen Bates, was convicted of aggravated murder in 2016 and sentenced to death.

Prosecutors have said Bates tortured the girl, and Bradley neglected and failed to feed her.

Bradley's attorney told the judge Wednesday that Bates also abused Bradley.
http://www.wfmj.com/story/37347171/mom-of-starved-2-year-old-girl-sentenced-to-15-years-to-life
[doublepost=1516988449,1516900136][/doublepost]
mother.jpeg

Crying because you lost 15 years (if that ) did you cry for that baby that had a miserable and abusive two years with you. Her I Q was high enough to find food, fuck and kill a child so it is high enough to go to prison.

@Satanica
The Ohio Supreme Court will hear arguments next week from a man appealing his conviction in the 2015 killing of his own 2-year-old daughter, Glenara Bates.

Glen Bates, 36, was sentenced to death by a Hamilton County jury nearly two and half years ago.

In the 155-page document outlining his appeal, Bates and his lawyers outlined more than a dozen different errors they believe the court made in either his trial, conviction or sentencing.

Glenara was already cold when Andrea Bradley, the girl's mother, carried her into Children's Hospital in March 2015. According to prosecutors, she had no muscle mass. Her body was covered with bite marks, bruises and marks from being whipped with a belt. She also had stitches in her head that were done with a needle and thread, apparently at home.

Bradley would go on to plead no contest for murder and child endangering.

Bates' conviction hinged on the testimony Glenara’s half-sister, who told the court she witnessed abuse and saw Bates slam the 2-year-old against a door frame by her legs.

Bates' lawyers tried to convince a jury Glenara could have been abused by someone else as there was no physical evidence connecting him to the abuse.

The Ohio Supreme Court has reversed the conviction and death sentence given to a man accused of beating and starving his 2-year-old daughter.

Glen Bates was sentenced to die in 2016 after being convicted of killing Glenara Bates a year earlier.

Attorneys for the 37-year-old Bates, who is black, argued that Bates' attorney at trial improperly failed to object to the seating of a racially biased juror.

The court ruled 5-2 Thursday in favor of that argument and returned the case to Hamilton County for a new trial.

That poor baby was literally never given a moment’s thought from the moment she was born until she was killed. No one cared.

But somehow the one that brought her nothing but torture and pain, and ultimately death, deserves an audience of his choosing.

Way to go Ohio. WTF???

Last edited:
Back