• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Victoria

Intrepid Sojourner
Bold Member!
'Mass shooting' reported at small town church in Texas

A gunman opened fire at a church in Texas during Sunday services, resulting in multiple reported casualties.

The attack happened at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs in Wilson County.

Local ABC affiliate KSAT 12 reported the gunman entered the church at around 11:30 local time and began shooting.

Police told the outlet there were "multiple victims" and the gunman had been killed in the aftermath. The number of casualties is not yet clear.

Photos and video from the scene showed the area taped off by local law enforcement.

A number of helicopters have arrived to transport the wounded, KSAT 12 reporter Max Massey said.

Agents from the FBI have also arrived on the scene.

Texas governor Greg Abbott said: "Our prayers are with all who were harmed by this evil act. Our thanks to law enforcement for their response."

He said more details would be released by the Texas Department of Public Safety shortly.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41880511

Damn.

BBC tweeted at least 27 dead, according to the police commissioner.

Naturally since this happened at Sunday services children were there attending Sunday School.

They are now reporting that there are children among the shooting victims.

Unconscionable!!!!

The shooter has been identified:

Devin Patrick Kelley has been identified as the gunman who killed at least 24 people at a church in Texas, a U.S. official tells The Daily Beast. Kelley, 26, was a resident of New Braunfels, a suburb of San Antonio, according to public records. On a now-deleted Facebook account, Kelley displayed an assault rifle.

GKb6noP.jpg

FACEBOOK
Kelley was married and Kelley's mother-in-law listed a P.O. box in Sutherland Springs as a mailing address. San Antonio police reportedly raided Kelley's home on Sunday evening. A LinkedIn account appearing to belong to Kelley describes him as serving in the U.S. Air Force from his 2009 high-school graduation until 2013, after which he briefly taught at a summer Bible school.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/devin-patrick-kelley-idd-as-sutherland-springs-church-killer

Last edited:
VAL! you have me head bangin, this is insane but that is the first shit people come up with in Texas [or here]

Gun control will not stop these killings. Too many stories even on DD where criminals found what they needed on the streets and black market. You’ll never be able to take away the guns that already exist, and stopping honest people from buying them will not stop these shootings. This type of situation has no easy answer...liken it to the common cold if you want to. How do you stop someone if there is no way to tell they’re about to lose their shit? Big Brother monitering all of our email and google searches? More invasive government control of our already existing freedom of speech? Hell, we can’t even stop child abuse, murder by stockings, or basic asshattery that we are so very familiar with around here. Gun control is not the answer.

Last edited:
Okay mabe not gun control but there must be an answer ..
This kind of shit is happening all too often ..

My curious side is dying to know what his court martial was for....

May 2014 and he received a dishonorable discharge.

Probably tough for chubs to get a job with that in his past.

P.S. He shouldn’t have been allowed to own a firearm based on that alone. A background check would’ve caught it and he would’ve been denied.

Okay mabe not gun control but there must be an answer ..
This kind of shit is happening all too often ..
. Believe me, as a gun owner, Conceal carry holder, AND a first responder, I deeply sympathize with the desire to end these shootings. I wish there was a way to do it. But unless we can start looking into the future and being there to take the asshats down before they pull the trigger, I don’t see how it’s going to be possible.

Last edited:
. Believe me, as a gun owner, Conceal carry holder, AND a first responder, I deeply sympathize with the desire to end these shootings. I wish there was a way to do it. But unless we can start looking into the future and being there to take the asshats down before they pull the trigger, I don’t see how it’s going to be possible.

A first responder saved my life.
Not just helped me. Saved my life.
<3 I found out later, he didn't even take the extra time to get dressed.
He showed up in his sponge bob pajamas. That made me love him even more.

Probably tough for chubs to get a job with that in his past.

P.S. He shouldn’t have been allowed to own a firearm based on that alone. A background check would’ve caught it and he would’ve been denied.
I seriously believe in some vetting like that

Anyone with a DD should have to be vetted before being allowed to purchase a firearm. I’m not saying ALL should never be allowed to own, but, seriously, a DD kinda pints to someone’s questionable abilities.

Anyone with a DD should have to be vetted before being allowed to purchase a firearm.
A Dishonorable Discharge, or for that matter a Bad Conduct Discharge, is a punitive discharge given as the result of a Court Martial conviction. IIRC a Special Court Martial conviction can result in the offender receiving a BCD, while a General Court Martial conviction is required to give the offender a DD.

A punitive discharge is the result of a court martial conviction that is tantamount to a felony conviction in a civilian court, so if this guy got either a BCD or DD then he was a bad actor anyway.

--Al

So...in short, he shouldn’t have been allowed to buy a gun...legally. Probably would have had one he owned pre-DD. Or gotten one illegally.

Gun control will not stop these killings.

Might stop some of em, well never know will we.

Def need more controls in place or at least stricter govt oversight. Vegas shooter should have had a visit paid to him by some govt law enforcement officials inquiring why he was building such an immense arsenal. If youre just a dumbass collector, sure itd be annoying, but no biggie go about your business. If youre some creepy weirdo, well then, for the best a red flag is put on you.

And it's illegal for someone who was dishonorably discharged to purchase/own a firearm. Very curious whose guns these were and/or how they came into this fuckers possession. Sorry gun nuts, this might be one of those incidents that expose the need for some stricter gun regulation. Sure a law was in place, but it appears this fucker circumvented them without much trouble. That means we need better laws.

We wont get em though.

Govt already bitched out on bump stocks for fucks sake.

Is that shit sealed or something? Ive been scouring google looking for an article that mentions what he got nailed for and the best i could find was an article that had the actual case number, yet provided no other info as to what went down.

It takes a LOT to get a dishonorable. Merely selling some dope in the dorms isnt going to do it. Punching your commander isnt even a guarantee. I dont think people realize just how extreme your conduct has to be for them to throw that at you.

12 months confinement and a DD. If it was a sex crime i figure he woulda got more time and found himself on a registry. If he had hurt someone bad, again, 12 months doesnt seem sufficient.

Im thinking he perhaps was stealing/selling govt/military equipment, like an excessive amount of it. Either that or he was involved in some MAJOR drug trafficking, like military drug lord type of crazy shit.

Surely someone he served with knows. Wonder when those folks will start feeding the media some shit. Lot of these killers come from backgrounds where they were never around folks much, people donrt know much about em. You got a servicemam though, there's gonna be shit ton of individuals who have had direct dealings with him or worked closely with him.

Probably would have had one he owned pre-DD. Or gotten one illegally.

If he lived on base, and given his short stint in the military i would expect he had(prob still in the dorms when his legal troubles started). He got married in April 2014, a month before his DD(very odd, she knew he was a criminal shithead, why marry him?). Theyre not giving BAH to some fucktard like this, certainly not just for a month. Theyre not letting somebody facing criminal charges, whatever they were, move off base. Not to mention, he got 12 mo confinement too, that woulda put him on base.

Point is, if you live on base, you have to hand your guns over to the military. AF security forces keeps that shit in their armory, you go to them when yo uwant to go hunting/shooting and theyll unlock em/hand em over to ya. The military/govt HAS to be informed if you own a weapon while living on base.

I suppose its possible he weaseled under the rules or owned this weapon from before he even enlisted, but part of the DD process should involve the govt taking away your guns. Im not sure if it does, not sure what the govt/courts do when one is found guilty of a felony in civilian courts either, but it would make sense for the govt to investigate a persons gun ownership history and take them away if need be. Maybe someone else knows something concrete on how such things are carried out?

One thing is for sure, this mans family are a bunch of shithead fucktards. They KNEW he had a DD, they KNEW he had weapons via his facebook, did any of em say anything? Hick fucktard shitstains. May not be anything the law can do to em, but the media/public needs to make sure they never have peace or respect the rest of their trash hick texan lives.

I'm wondering if all the survivors and relatives of the victims have forgiven the shooter? You know, "turn the other cheek" and "love your enemies" type of thing. Are they real Christians or do they just pretend to be?

I'm wondering if all the survivors and relatives of the victims have forgiven the shooter? You know, "turn the other cheek" and "love your enemies" type of thing. Are they real Christians or do they just pretend to be?

Are you fucking stupid?

Didnt realize a christian can only claim to be a follower/believer in Jesus Christ if they successfully do EVERYTHING the bible teachers, let alone to comply with such teachings so immediately after an event such as this.

Seriously, how fucking ignorant are you?

Uh oh, you had ONE more piece of the pastors wifes delicious pie at the last Church potluck even though you were already full. That's gluttony, you FAKE CHRISTIAN!!!!!

Uh oh, you couldnt help but be a bit jealous of your neighbors kickass new big screen tv/sound system. Way to violate that commandment about not coveting your neighbors shit...FAKE CHRISTIAN!!!

Do you seriously think the religion and those who follow it are that black and white? You seriously think it's meant to be that way? Anyone who isn't 100% perfect isnt a real Christian?

Your line of thinking illustrates a beyond childish, nonsensical, and again, shockingly ignorant understanding(or lack thereof) of Christianity.
[doublepost=1509937404,1509936963][/doublepost]

Who gives a shit what some desperate washed up trash comedian thinks? Especially in a time like this?

Im sure the victims and victims families appreciate such a figure so quickly using their pain to make a political statement too.

What a fucking trash bitch she is.
[doublepost=1509937535][/doublepost]
I keep reading, he was married, I want to learn more about his wife .. :spy:

She is from the city the shooting occurred in. Her mother from what i read still resides there and i read one article mention there is/was a picture of the mother in law at this church.

May be motive right there. Perhaps this wasnt some random bit of asshole bullshit, but he was lashing out at his wife/wifes family for some reason.

"threaten to leave me, ill kill your entire family and their church!"

Or perhaps, "try to break up me and your daughter, see what happens".

It is also an undeniable fact that his wife is a total fucking moron. She married him a month before he got his dishonorable. She had to of known what a shitstain failure he was and got with him anyways. Dumbass bimbo, undeniable. She deserves as much disdain as the public can muster up.

Didnt realize a christian can only claim to be a follower/believer in Jesus Christ if they successfully do EVERYTHING the bible teachers, let alone to comply with such teachings so immediately after an event such as this
Actually, its pretty clear what it means to be a Christian, believe Jesus is the son of God who was sacrificed for your sins, confess your sins and love everyone, even your enemies. That's all, actually. Don't know why your panties are pretty tight over it.

Last edited:
Actually, its pretty clear what it means to be a Christian, believe Jesus is the son of God who was sacrificed for your sins, confess your sins and love everyone, even your enemies. That's all, actually. Don't know why your panties are pretty tight over it.

Yep, bible def mentions loving thy enemy and all that. Therefore, if someone doesnt automatically do that after an incident like this, it means they are a "pretend" christian. That is most certainly what the bible teaches and most certainly what one should derive from it.

My mistake. You were right on the money all along.

Pro tip, dont post again. You blow at it and come across like a total fucking idiot. You're welcome.
[doublepost=1509943910,1509938085][/doublepost]Apparently he was married earlier in his military career. Got in trouble in 2012 for assaulting his wife and child at the time.

Guess the shit i read about him getting married in 2014 was to a different broad, a really stupid fucking worthless shitstain cunt of a broad. Fucking dumbass bitch.

Guy has ALWAYS been a violent piece of shit yet all those close to him didnt blink an eye over him owning all these guns. Fucking SCUM, ALL of em.

Back