• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Christopher Pratt died just 11 days before his seventh birthday.

He weighed only 29 pounds — half of what a healthy boy his age should have weighed, according to the Centers for Disease Control.

He'd lost a "tremendous amount of weight" in the months leading up to his death, Ingham County Chief Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Mike Cheltenham said.

Christopher died from a combination of blunt force trauma and neglect a year after being placed in the custody of his aunt, 29-year-old Jessica Bice, Cheltenham said

Bice is now facing murder and first-degree child abuse charges in connection with his death.

Lansing police were called just before 2 p.m. on Aug. 17 to his aunt's home on a report that Christopher was not breathing.

Emergency crews were not able to resuscitate him, and police began an investigation into his death, Merritt said.

Bice, 29, was charged Wednesday with murder and first-degree child abuse.

Christopher was removed from his father's custody in August 2017 after CPS determined there was evidence of physical abuse and neglect, according to court records.

He was placed in Bice's care because living with relatives often provides more stability for the child, Bob Wheaton, spokesperson for the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services said.

Ingham County Sheriff's Office Capt. Greg Harris said Pratt's father, Zachary Pratt, was charged with child abuse. His sentence was non-public, and the prosecutor's office is not allowed to discuss it, Cheltenham said.

The Ingham County Sheriff's Office responded to the Pratt home in August 2017 for a report of a large, hand print-shaped bruise spanning Christopher's right face, neck and shoulder, according to CPS records. A trauma doctor said his injuries were superficial, according to court records.

If Dad told CPS he wanted his sister to have him, they would’ve just handed the kid over to her. Unless the parent picks someone wildly inappropriate (an addict living in a known crackhouse, a convicted pedophile on probation, the man on the moon), CPS has to abide by their wishes.

@Satanica @GoneWest
Christopher Pratt was only six years old when he died.

"He was a happy kid every time I came around,” Christopher’s cousin Monnie Smith said. “He only knew how to show affection certain ways so every time I came over he would grab my face and pull at my face but he would be doing it happily."

When 6-year-old Christopher died in August of last year, his cousin Shannon Mejia said she believed it was because of a seizure he didn't wake up from.
"I didn't question it because he has seizures all the time,” Mejia said.

That is until she saw a post about the charges on Facebook, one count of first degree murder and two counts of first degree child abuse.

"I was furious,” Mejia tearfully said. “I don't know how anybody could basically take an infant and stop feeding them. Stop changing them, putting their hands on an infant baby."
When Christopher's mom Angela died in 2017, he was placed with his father and then with his aunt, Jessica Bice.

She's accused of starving and beating the boy to death.

Smith and Mejia, who are sisters, say they were cut off from seeing Christopher once he was given to his father.

"We were no longer allowed to know anything that was going on,” Mejia said. “If he was doing well, how's school, you know, anything, invite him to birthday parties. They cut us all the way off because I'm sure we would've noticed that he was losing weight drastically."

Bice appeared in court Thursday with a public defender over video. The family watched in tears.

"We just want to see justice served and her put in jail for this,” Smith said. “He was a handicapped kid who didn't deserve this."

LANSING — A 6-year-old boy was so thin on the day of his death, he looked like “a skeleton with skin covering him," police said.

Christopher Pratt, 6, was found dead in August 2018 in the Lansing home where he lived with his aunt, Jessica Bice.

"He didn't look real," Lansing Police Detective Shannon Thielen said at a preliminary hearing Friday to determine if there was enough probable cause for Bice to stand trial on counts of murder and first-degree child abuse.
Christopher weighed just 29 pounds and was "essentially emaciated," Ingham County Medical Examiner Patrick Hansma testified.

He had multiple bruises and abrasions on his face, Hansma said, and a bruise just behind his ear that extended into his brain and caused his death.

These were not injuries Christopher could have inflicted himself, Hansma said.
Christopher, who was born in with a rare form of congenital chromosome 10 disease, could not walk unassisted and scooted across the floor to get around the home.

Any fall couldn’t have been from high enough to cause such a serious injury, he said.
Hansma ruled that the cause of Christopher's death was caregiver neglect and blunt force trauma, stemming from the injury near his ear.

Contradictions in the story
Multiple stories emerged as police began their investigation in the days following his death.
Hansma contacted detectives as soon as the preliminary autopsy was complete because of the bleeding he discovered in Christopher's skull. He believed the injury was from an "inflicted trauma."
Bice’s co-parent and roommate, Michael Fryman, initially told police that Bice said Christopher had thrown himself to the ground in the bathtub earlier that night. He said she showed him a bruise near his ear. At Friday's hearing, however, Fryman said he did not remember telling police that.
Bice denied to police that she ever spoke to Fryman about the injury. She told police she had no knowledge of the bruise, and that Christopher had not thrown himself down in the bathtub.
She blamed Christopher's emaciation on the boy, saying he had stopped eating in the months leading up to his death.

He lost enough weight in two and a half months that he went from a “flourishing” boy to someone who’s weight was so low it was “unchartable,” Hansma said.
Fryman said it seemed like he “stopped caring.” He didn’t want to eat or chew; he lost all motivation to do anything, he said.
But teachers at his school reported that Christopher ate voraciously — behavior of someone who was very hungry.
"Just looking at photographs, his appearance is just skeletal," Alderson said. "Someone changing a diaper every day would have noticed."

Bice is now set to stand trial for murder and child abuse charges. Her next court hearing is scheduled for Sept. 11.

@Sugar Cookie @tmdgirl @62julietandvoid @GoneWest @Ripley @Sejanus

I would like to know why the fat piece of shit, Michael Fryman, isn't being charged
Bice’s co-parent and roommate, Michael Fryman, initially told police that Bice said Christopher had thrown himself to the ground in the bathtub earlier that night. He said she showed him a bruise near his ear. At Friday's hearing, however, Fryman said he did not remember telling police that.

Bice denied to police that she ever spoke to Fryman about the injury. She told police she had no knowledge of the bruise, and that Christopher had not thrown himself down in the bathtub.

She blamed Christopher's emaciation on the boy, saying he had stopped eating in the months leading up to his death.

He lost enough weight in two and a half months that he went from a “flourishing” boy to someone who’s weight was so low it was “unchartable,” Hansma said.

Fryman said it seemed like he “stopped caring.” He didn’t want to eat or chew; he lost all motivation to do anything, he said.

But teachers at his school reported that Christopher ate voraciously — behavior of someone who was very hungry.

"Just looking at photographs, his appearance is just skeletal," Alderson said. "Someone changing a diaper every day would have noticed."

Bice is now set to stand trial for murder and child abuse charges. Her next court hearing is scheduled for Sept. 11.

I'm thinking one of the reasons the boy wasn't eating was because this turd always got to the food first.

From Fryman's FB:
1567514616728.png

Micheal "It always made me sad to see Christopher staring at me with those sunken eyes while I ate, I often had to send him to his room just so I could finish my meal" Fryman

Last edited:
I would take that fat bearded turd on a hunting trip and have a series of unfortunate mishaps involving...
A rifle
Bowie knife
High cliff
Snapping turtle
Bonfire
Tent peg
Hatchet
Falling tree.

But since I would Not look at him, I would have no reasonable explanation for what happened. Just one of those things I guess.

Oct 10, 2019
The family of the woman accused of killing her 6-year-old nephew is blaming the child's doctors for his death. News 10 has covered the investigation since Christopher Pratt was found dead in his aunt's home in August of 2018.

His aunt, Jessica Bice is charged with open murder in the case. Pratt was diagnosed at birth a rare genetic disease and could not walk unassisted. They say that had more to do with his death than the cause determined by the medical examiner, which was blunt force trauma and caregiver neglect.

The families of Christopher Pratt and Jessica Bice sat on opposite sides of the courtroom Thursday.

The little boy's family blame Bice for his death but Bice's aunt Sharifah Al-Shalal feels like her side hasn't been heard.

Al-Shalal says Christopher's pre-existing conditions may have played a role.

"She definitely is not guilty of murder by any means. this was not a murder,” said Al-Shalal. If anybody's responsible it would be the state early on, his doctor at MSU clinical center. I helped with Christopher's care and the only diagnostic that they ever gave me was failure to thrive." Al- Shalal says both families want the same thing-justice for Christopher.

Jessica Bice is being held without bond in the Ingham County Jail. There have been no plea deals offered at this time.

Last edited:

Jessica Bice has been convicted of homicide and child abuse in the death of 6-year-old Christopher Pratt.
On Tuesday, an Ingham County jury found Bice guilty of second-degree murder and first-degree child abuse.

Bice, the aunt of Pratt, a child with special needs, was responsible for taking care of him. At the time of his death, he weighed only 29 pounds — about half of what a healthy boy at his age is supposed to weigh.
The medical examiner who looked at Pratt said he had multiple bruises on his body, and bugs running from his hair. His cause of death was ruled as blunt force head trauma and caregiver neglect.
1687352343404.png

@Satanica @GoneWest

View attachment 19270
I want to pull him out of the picture and hold him.Sweet little guy. I wonder did anyone ever hold him? read him a book? hold him simply to hold him&love him?
Post automatically merged:

He looks so sad.Do pictures of Christopher smiling exist? Did he ever have a reason to smile?A REAL smile?

RiP Little Sweetie.

Last edited:
Yes Christopher was loved by his mother very much untill her death. There more to this then people know his mother's side was not able to see him after her death and didn't know his father Zachary Pratt lost custody.

Never heard of a sentence being non-public? WTF? Can they do that legally? Bc if so I’m surprised it’s not done more often to hide pathetic sentences and plea deals. And dumb question I know, but why wasn’t CPS monitoring this child?
Christopher teachers called cps and reported it. The bitch took him out of school and said she was switching him to a closer school. Unfortunately when someone is adopted out the biological family isn't related anymore by court eye so his mother's father's family was not able to get him or his biological aunt and uncle, if this wasn't the case Chris would never been with this demon and her psycho brother.

Last edited:
1692350699337.png

After several years, the woman responsible for the death of her nephew learns her sentence.

Jessica Bice, who was found to be responsible for her 6-year-old nephew’s death, was sentenced Thursday to prison for a maximum of 33 years.
Five years ago, the body of Christopher Pratt, a child with special needs, was discovered. He was killed by starvation and head trauma.

The prosecution was seeking life in prison for Bice, saying that she knowingly abused and murdered her nephew by starving him to death. Christopher weigh only 29 pounds when he died.

On the other hand, the defense said that Bice was just “overwhelmed” and the head wound to Christopher was self-inflicted from a fall.
Pratt’s family spoke directly to Bice in court on Thursday.

“All Christopher wanted was to be loved; to have someone saying to him, ‘I love you,’ and to be hugged. I’m so sorry Christopher,” said Mary Lee, a family member of Christopher.
Lee then turned her attention to Bice.

“You’re a cold-hearted evil. You’re not a person, a mother, or an aunt. I can’t even call you a piece of trash because I dispose of my trash properly. You, Jessica, do not deserve that either,” Lee said.

I would like to know why the fat piece of shit, Michael Fryman, isn't being charged

I'm thinking one of the reasons the boy wasn't eating was because this turd always got to the food first.

From Fryman's FB:
View attachment 22713
Micheal "It always made me sad to see Christopher staring at me with those sunken eyes while I ate, I often had to send him to his room just so I could finish my meal" Fryman
[/QUOTE

What a thoroughly worthless human being

Back