• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
From the desk of Sugar Cookie.

A shocking case of animal cruelty has sparked outrage in China after a man was filmed dragging a husky on the back of his scooter along a road.

The small pooch was seen struggling and whimpering while being pulled by a leash in Pu'er city, Yunnan province last Thursday. The man seemed oblivious to his brutal actions.

The witness who filmed the video said the dog had been bleeding and believed that it had been dragged on its belly for a long period of time.
12618930-6951149-A_shocking_case_of_animal_cruelty_has_sparked_outrage_in_China_a-m-32_1556035133533.jpg

12620876-6951149-image-a-24_1556034742504.jpg

The man told video news site Pear that he spotted the injured dog while he was waiting for a red light.

'The lower part of its body was bleeding,' he said. 'It is possible that the dog was dragged for a long time.'

Horrifying images of the pet husky at a vet shows the skin on its belly peeled off.
12618936-6951149-Horrifying_images_of_the_injured_husky_at_a_vet_shows_the_skin_o-a-30_1556034895968.jpg

[....]
The man's daughter has issued an apology after the video went viral on Chinese social media.

'The dog was put under my family's care as I had to work that day,' the woman said. 'Unfortunately the elderly members of my family did not know how to take care of it properly.'

'I am sorry. I didn't take good care of my dog. I love it very much and I promise to take good care of it in the future,' she said, adding that she had immediately taken her pet to a vet.

'If owners don't have time for their pets, we'd rather they not bring them home,' PETA Asia media officer Keith Guo told MailOnline.

'Even if you place the pet under the care of other people, tragedies like this may still occur. The poor dog was mistreated because its owner did not have time to take care of it,' he said.
[....]
While China has legislation safeguarding land-based and aquatic wildlife, it currently lacks legislation protecting animal welfare or preventing cruelty to animals.

In September 2009, animal rights activists and legal experts began circulating a draft Law on the Protection of Animals and in 2010, a draft Law on the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals for the State Council's consideration, according to Human Rights in China, a Chinese non-governmental organisation based in New York.

The draft proposes a fine of up to 6,000 yuan (£693) and two weeks' detention for those found guilty of animal cruelty, according to China Daily. However till this day, no progress has been made.

While the country's first ever legislation protecting animal welfare has yet to be adopted, the increasing cases of animal abandonment and serious cruelty towards animals such as killing of dogs and burning of cats have led to serious resentment within society.

More photos and video at the link.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Chinese-man-drags-pet-husky-neck-scooter.html

Back