• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Oberle

Trusted Member
The smiling young woman in the pic below is Yingying Zhang. She went missing for three weeks and is now presumed dead.

hBcw8qp.jpg

Details are few on what happened, but a former Ph.D. candidate (he decided to go for a Master's instead) from the same university—28-year-old Brendt Christensen—has now been arrested and charged with kidnapping. No murder charges yet, but authorities say they believe she's deceased.

The day Zhang disappeared she was riding public transit, signing a lease, and taking care of other business. She was last seen getting into Brendt's car after failing to get a bus to stop for and then waiting at a different bus stop for a bus that wasn't running that day. :(

Apparently he circled her for a bit before approaching her. He claimed he only offered to help "an Asian woman" because she appeared to be distressed. He said he dropped her off again soon after. This was on his second interview. In the first interview, he claimed he was "sleeping or playing video games" and had nothing to do with it. :mad:

Police surveillance generated an audio recording of him telling someone "he kidnapped Zhang, brought her back to his apartment and held her in his apartment against her will." :arghh:

His electronics revealed "visits to a bondage and sadomasochism fetish website called FetLife and a forum called "Abduction 101," as well as subthreads titled “Perfect abduction fantasy” and "planning a kidnapping..."

It doesn't seem to bode well for Zhang. More info and videos at the links:

http://www.newser.com/story/245111/...cted-by-man-who-visited-kidnapping-sites.html

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-illinois-student-charges-20170630-story.html

His electronics revealed "visits to a bondage and sadomasochism fetish website called FetLife

So what? I dont see the pertinence unless he met the victim on the site(which doesnt appear to be the case).

The guy studied physics apparently. Do physicists without doctorates have any actual future in that particular field of science? I know you can get work in various labs doing various things with biology degrees, plenty of opportunities for chemists, but physics seems to have less real world direct practical usages/needs. Or maybe thats cuz my only real exposure to lameass boring physics is the nasa caliber craziness.

Anyways, fuck this guy whether hes guilty or not. Fucking nerd.

I want more info on this audio recording. Who the fuck was he bragging about this to? Was this some intense feeling of guilt leading to him spilling the beans to a trusted friend/relative, or was this some other kidnapping/rape enthusiast who shared in his shithead fantasies.

"Bin Xu, 22, a senior from Zhejiang, China, who is studying statistics, said he wished the school would emphasize safety to international students who may be disoriented from being in a new country and naive to potential dangers. Orientations are in English, which can be hard for international students to understand, and Xu said the school forgets how hard it is for students to simply get around the large campus."

From some other news site story. Some other nerd they interviewed said this. Agree 100%. Large universities are like fucking cities, it can be hard and confusing to get around even if you speak english and are used to America. Not sure about this particular college, but some of the bigger State universities ive had the displeasure of spending time at are sickeningly massive.

His electronics revealed "visits to a bondage and sadomasochism fetish website called FetLife

So what? I dont see the pertinence unless he met the victim on the site(which doesnt appear to be the case).

The abduction fantasies seem like the more pertinent part to me.

and a forum called "Abduction 101," as well as subthreads titled “Perfect abduction fantasy” and "planning a kidnapping..."

Of course that doesn't prove anything. Plenty of people enjoy themed sex scenarios without ever feeling the desire to commit a crime against a stranger. But they do indicate which way the dude's urges may be pointed, and the young woman was allegedly abducted by him, so....you do the math. :shrug:

The abduction fantasies seem like the more pertinent part to me.

Those were mentioned as being part of a different webiste/forum from my understanding of the article. That's why i didnt comment on that, as it is quite telling.

A base interest in fetishistic sexual things and related bdsm subjects is meaningless. Millions of people have an interest in some form of such things in one way or the other, no biggie.

Those were mentioned as being part of a different webiste/forum from my understanding of the article. That's why i didnt comment on that, as it is quite telling.

A base interest in fetishistic sexual things and related bdsm subjects is meaningless. Millions of people have an interest in some form of such things in one way or the other, no biggie.

Just hitting the agree button was not enough! :D

Anyone remember Cannibal Cop?
On October 25, 2012, (Gillberto) Valle was arrested and charged with conspiracy to commit kidnapping. The arrest occurred after his wife reported to police that she had found in his Internet search engine history a series of chat room communications on Dark Fetish Net, a forum dedicated to sexual fetishes and fantasies involving torture, rape, murder and cannibalism. Valle had been chatting with another user about torturing and murdering her, as well as murdering and cannibalizing more than 100 other women.

Really similar case... except Brendt probably actually did something

ct_missing_illinois_student_charges_20170630_001.jpg

Brendt Christensen, 28, of Champaign, Ill. (Macon County Sheriff's Office via AP)

This guy is seriously creepy. He's also married and unemployed. Can you imagine being in his wife's shoes right now? :nailbiting:

Assistant U.S. Attorney Bryan Freres testified at a detention hearing that suspect Brendt Christensen "had attended a vigil for the victim and was recorded....describing the characteristics of his 'ideal victim' and identified people among the crowd who fit that description. Freres did not offer details of how prosecutors obtained a recording of Christensen, nor did he play any recording during the hearing."

"Additionally, Freres said Christensen was heard describing how Zhang fought and resisted him while he held her against her will, and threatening someone close to the case. Freres did not specify whom Christensen threatened or what the substance of the threat was."

I look forward to finding out how they "overheard" all this. And I hope for her family's sake they find the (presumably dead) missing woman soon. I also hope it was a quick end for her. :(

The judge ordered Brendt held in custody until his trial. More hearing are to follow and more details are at the link:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...scholar-detention-hearing-20170705-story.html

Last edited:
They've raised the reward for info on her whereabouts to $50,000, but nothing so far... :(

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...lar-kidnapping-reward-met-20170714-story.html
as going to post earlier this week and forgot about it, they have no hope of her turning up alive and it would be a blessed miracle if that were the case. I would love to pull this jerk off's nails out of his fingers and toes until he told where she was and that should be acceptable in cases like this, i hope the only plead out he gets is mandatory life inside if he wiggles out of the dp which he deserves

Why can't people have simple fetishes...
Always some sinister sideways creepy shit.

Buying cool shoes for women :D A nice diamond bangle bracelet :shrug: a smack on the ass... nasty name calling... some dirty raunchy sex... all good...
BUT better with new heals ;):p

Brendt Christensen's team is dropping the mental health defense. He's accused of kidnapping and killing University of Illinois scholar Yingying Zhang.

Lawyers filed in federal court Friday their intent to withdraw expert evidence on Christensen's mental condition. Court documents also show he won't be speaking to the government's mental health experts next week. But there's currently a court order saying he has to sumbit to an examination.

Odd theyre not doing the nutter defense. Wonder if he is wanting to face the music now or what the deal is.

I met my husband on that site.

Wow what a valuable contribution to the thread, you and your husband are perverts and your relationship was founded in sin. Cool.

update:
Ex-Illinois student's life spared in killing of scholar
PEORIA, Ill. (AP) — A former University of Illinois doctoral student was spared the death penalty Thursday and sentenced to life in prison for kidnapping and killing a 26-year-old scholar from China. Her parents, disappointed he was not sentenced to death, publicly begged for the killer to reveal where her remains are so they can be returned home.

"The killer kidnapped his victim, then raped, choked, stabbed, beat her with a baseball bat and decapitated her.
Afterward, according to information shared with his attorneys and relayed to the victim’s family after his conviction and sentencing for the 2017 murder, Brendt Christensen placed cut-up pieces of 26-year-old Chinese scholar Yingying Zhang‘s body into three trash bags, which he tossed into a dumpster behind his apartment in Champaign, Illinois."

Back