• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.startribune.com/child-survives-hanging-at-minneapolis-day-care-woman-flees/401902155/#1
A 16-month-old boy survived being intentionally hanged in a day care Friday morning by the operator of the facility in a south Minneapolis neighborhood, and the suspect threatened to jump from a freeway overpass until passersby and police stopped her from following through, according to authorities.

The child "is doing fine" following the incident in the 2700 block of Humboldt Avenue S., according to Assistant Police Chief Kris Arneson. The woman is not the boy's mother, Arneson added.

The woman fled the scene in a van, ran over a pedestrian at W. 28th Street and Grand Avenue, then kept going and struck a bicyclist at E. 28th Street and Park Avenue, Arneson said.

The damaged bicycle came to rest at E. 28th Street and Park Avenue S., nearly 2 miles east of the day care.

The pedestrian, a man, suffered broken bones and scrapes, while details on the bicyclist's injuries were not immediately known. Arneson said both will survive.
[....]
It was a parent arriving at the day care who rescued the boy, Arneson said. The boy was crying when taken away from the Uptown neighborhood in an emergency vehicle to a nearby hospital, according to emergency dispatch audio.

"It's horrific, horrific," Arneson said of the assault on the child.

Authorities have not disclosed the woman's identity, but Arneson said the operator is the suspect. The facility is licensed to 42-year-old Nataliia M. Karia. Her license took effect in April 2009 and expires in April 2017, according to state records.

"We don't know what was happening with her," said Arneson, when asked about a potential motive.

The home is approved to care for up to 12 children. Arneson said few than six children were in the home at the time of the incident.

Also, the minivan that fled is registered to Karia
[....]

Really makes you wonder what children endured at this day care if the owner/operator is capable of hanging a baby.

FIrst she hangs a baby, then runs over 2 innocent bystanders- I was going to say they should've let the bitch jump off the overpass, but with her track record she prob would've landed on someones windshield & caused a 10 car pile up!

Just thank god she didn't manage to kill anyone- it wasn't for lack of trying!

Bad day at the office?

25focau.jpg

https://m.facebook.com/MinneapolisP...176804.197191512515/10155563329597516/?type=3

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Crime scene tape and flashing lights invaded a Minneapolis neighborhood after police were called to a day care Friday morning.

Officers were told a 16-month-old boy was found hanging inside the Uptown Day Care, located on the 2700 block of Humboldt Avenue South.

“A parent dropping off her child had removed the same toddler from the scene,” said Minneapolis Police Assistant Chief Kris Arneson.

Investigators say once the toddler was taken out of harm’s way, the day care provider — later identified as 42-year-old Natalia Mykhaylivna Karia — sped away in her gold minivan.

Police say Karia hit a car. When the driver of that car got out to see what was going on, Karia allegedly drove into the man and dragged him for several blocks.

This time, Karia hit a man on his bike, and once again, she kept going.

But Karia did not get far. The day care provider made it to the Park Avenue Bridge and attempted to jump onto Interstate 94 below.

The child is expected to be OK. The driver of the car that was hit suffered some broken bones and abrasions, and is in critical condition. The extent of the bicyclist’s injuries are not know, but police say both men are expected to survive. The identities of the victims have not been released.

There were six other children inside the day care at the time of the incident; none of them were hurt.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/11/18/child-assault-in-uptown/

Last edited:
A third person struck by the suspect’s car, Nicole Thomas, 33, of Minneapolis, had left Wellstone High School and was driving on Park Avenue toward downtown when her car was hit.

Thomas, who is almost six months pregnant, was taken to a hospital for monitoring and released after a few hours.

The day-care facility is registered to Karia, whose license, state records show, was issued in April 2009 and was set to expire next spring. The home is approved to care for up to 12 children.

Arneson said no motive has been established. “We don’t know what was happening with her,” she said.

The day care’s Facebook page shows a photo of a smiling woman surrounded by young children of different ages.

The page touts the provider as a licensed and college-educated mom.

“I am trained in first aid and CPR,” it reads. “I have a luxury home with a large fenced yard just steps away from the Lake of the Isles that has been remodeled for the safety of your child.”

Later Friday, the purple two-story frame house on a block dominated by brick apartment buildings was quiet and seemingly empty. A single unmarked police SUV was parked down the block.

Sometime before 2 p.m., a small car slid into the garage in the back of the house, which is owned by Karia’s husband, and several people went inside.

An older man declined to give his name or answer a reporter’s questions.

http://www.startribune.com/child-survives-hanging-at-minneapolis-day-care-woman-flees/401902155/#1
[doublepost=1479621769,1479620906][/doublepost]https://m.facebook.com/Uptown-Daycare-176512532463228/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=1

Bad day at the office?

This sounds like some sort of complete meltdown. Possibly some sort of substance fueled hysteria?

I have no clue. But I can't wait to hear more.

Day Care owner has been charged...but I'm confused...how is she charged with second degree murder if the baby, bicyclist and pedestrian are all still alive. I too hope they throw the book at her. She took a man dropping off his child down to her basement to SHOW him the baby hanging from a noose from the ceiling. I can't even imagine coming upon that scene. He got the baby down...called his wife to come stay with the other children when the Day Care owner ran because she couldn't take it anymore...and then the man called for help.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/nataliia-karia-day-care-owner-charged-after-alleged-baby-hanging/

Last edited:
Day Care owner has been charged...but I'm confused...how is she charged with second degree murder if the baby, bicyclist and pedestrian are all still alive. I too hope they throw the book at her. She took a man dropping off his child down to her basement to SHOW him the baby hanging from a noose from the ceiling. I can't even imagine coming upon that scene. He got the baby down...called his wife to come stay with the other children when the Day Care owner ran because she couldn't take it anymore...and then the man called for help.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/nataliia-karia-day-care-owner-charged-after-alleged-baby-hanging/

Just shitty reporting, I'd say. This link says attempted murder charges.

http://www.startribune.com/charges-...g-toddler-couldn-t-take-it-anymore/402526705/

MINNEAPOLIS, MN
– Police have charged a woman with attempted murder after the day-care provider tried hanging a 16-month-old toddler in the basement of her home daycare.

The incident happened last Friday as a man arrived at 42-year-old Nataliia Karia’s home daycare to drop of his 3-year-old child.

The man said he was greeted by Karia who said she “couldn’t take it anymore.” She said she had “done something bad” and wanted to show him.

The man said he ran past Karia when he heard a child’s cries coming from the basement and found Karia had made a noose out of children’s tights and had hanged a 16-month-old child by their neck from a pipe.

As the man got the baby down and called police, Karia fled the scene in her minivan. After she rear-ended a vehicle, she ran over a man who got out of his vehicle to inspect the damage. She then struck a bicyclist before parking her vehicle and tried jumping off a highway overpass.

Karia was stopped by several passersby and taken into custody. She’s currently in the hospital but will be booked into jail once she is released, facing charges of second-degree attempted murder, third-degree assault and two counts of criminal vehicular operation.

All of her victims are expected to survive. The hanged toddler, who had been attending the daycare for only three weeks, is “doing fine” according to Assistant Police Chief Kris Arneson. Six other children who were at the daycare at the time were not injured.

The man she hit, 37-year-old Salvador Lema, was upgraded from critical to serious condition. After being struck by Karia, he was dragged for about 10 blocks. He suffered a broken ankle and ribs. He also suffered burns on his back from being dragged as well as burns to the front of his body from the heat off the van.

The bicyclist she plowed into after running a red light, 29-year-old Jacob Carrigan, suffered a severely broken leg that required a rod being surgically implanted into his leg.

Karia’s clients have since came out to say they have never had issues with Karia over the years and that her actions were totally out of her character. On Karia’s Uptown Daycare Facebook Page, she states:

I am a licensed childcare provider, college educated mom who has full time openings at my house to care for your child. I am a trained in first aid and CPR. I have a luxury home with a large fenced yard just steps away from the Lake of the Isles that has been remodeled for the safety of your child. Daily made from scratch meals included at no extra cost. Rates are $150 per week for preschollers, $160 per week for toddlers, and $170 for infants. Activities include reading, writing, math, computers, games, art, cooking, ect.

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

Continue reading...

She should up date her FB page to include...
"and I am a complete mental case who is prone to injure those around me and destroy property.
Look forward to getting to know your little tyke!"

Rates are $150 per week for preschollers, $160 per week for toddlers, and $170 for infants. Activities include reading, writing, math, computers, games, art, cooking, ect.”

That's cheap child care. I like her program ... especially the cooking part. I personally think kids can help in the kitchen. I always used my kids in the kitchen. Like lots of time I stood one of them up on the counter and said ... reach up there and get me that because I'm a shorty and they were excited help!

I wonder if she was on drugs?

February 17, 2018

Nataliia Karia told a father dropping off his son at her Minneapolis, Minnesota daycare that she couldn’t take it anymore and to come see what she had done, prosecutors said.

The parent heard crying as he walked toward the basement, authorities said. And when he went down the stairs he saw a toddler hanging from the noose, authorities said. He released the child and fled with the boy, according to Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman.

Karia tried to escape in a gold Toyota Sienna, running over a driver and hitting a bicyclist before stopping on an overpass above Interstate 94, KARE 11 reported. The driver had gotten out of his car to check for damage after Karia rear-ended him, Freeman said. That’s when Karia pulled into traffic and struck him, dragging him for 10 blocks, authorities said.

She then tried to jump from the overpass, the Pioneer Press reported, but passersby stopped her until police arrived.

The 16-month-old boy survived the November 2016 hanging, the Associated Press reported. Karia, 43, pleaded guilty Thursday to trying to kill the child, hitting the two people as she fled and other offenses, the AP said.

Karia told the court Thursday she didn’t quite remember what happened that morning, the Pioneer Press reported. But prosecutors reminded her that she said she’d taken the toddler with her to the basement to look for tights for her daughter and later remembered the boy making choking sounds, hanging from a noose made out of those tights, Freeman said.

Speaking through a Russian interpreter, Karia told the court she had been struggling with mental health issues in the weeks leading up to the incident, Patch reported.
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article200628594.html
[doublepost=1519053174,1519053105][/doublepost]
800-nataliia-karia.jpg

Russian.
'Nuff said.
Likely blacked out on vodka.
They should have let her fling herself off the overpass.
It's still not too late to take her back to it.

r Minneapolis, Minnesota daycare

And she needed an interpreter? o_O:rolleyes:

She seemed right proud of what she had done until the man acted all huffy at seeing the baby hanging. Then she thought she'd better hit the road and several people at the same time. They should have delyed getting there just long enough for her to have jumped and saved Minneapolis all that money for a trial.

Trying to kill a toddler by hanging and commit hit-and-run felony results in a sentence the UK wishes it could be this lenient, I bet she gets a barnyard full of ponies.
A Minneapolis daycare owner was sentenced Monday to 10 years of probation for trying to kill a toddler in her home by hanging him from a noose.

Nataliia Karia, 43, received her punishment in Hennepin County court after pleading guilty to attempted murder and third-degree assault earlier. She also pleaded guilty to criminal vehicular operation for hitting a pedestrian, a bicyclist and another driver as she fled from her home in a minivan in November 2016.

Karia also must follow court-ordered mental health treatment and will be on electronic home monitoring for at least two months, the Star Tribune reported. She will live with her adult son but cannot have unsupervised contact with her daughters or other minors.

[...]
http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/38658753/daycare-owner-gets-probation-for-trying-to-kill-child

A Minneapolis daycare owner was sentenced Monday to 10 years of probation for trying to kill a toddler in her home by hanging him from a noose.

Nataliia Karia, 43, received her punishment in Hennepin County court after pleading guilty to attempted murder and third-degree assault earlier. She also pleaded guilty to criminal vehicular operation for hitting a pedestrian, a bicyclist and another driver as she fled from her home in a minivan in November 2016.
So fucked up.
What is wrong with our judicial system?

I was reading up on this earlier. Almost every article has some sort of quote about how she wants to reunite with her kids, how she’s not a danger to society or to her own children, and on and on. I hope her “supervised contact” is by someone with a gun handy.

Back