• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

A woman was arrested in Delaware after attacking a pregnant woman at the drive-thru of a Chick-fil-A.

The disturbing scene reportedly occurred at one of the fast-food chain’s locations in Bear, Del. Apparently, the suspect believed that the victim had tried to cut in front of her while waiting in line at the drive-thru.

The incident occurred around 3:40 p.m. on Saturday, according to the Delaware State Police. Jada Blake was reportedly in her car waiting in the drive-thru lane when another car attempted to pull in front of her. Blake pulled up and blocked the car from pulling forward, according to the police report.

The other driver was identified as a 21-year-old pregnant woman.

At this point, Blake exited her vehicle and confronted the other driver. According to the police statement, she then began punching the other driver in the head through the window of her car. When the victim exited her vehicle, Blake punched her in the stomach.

The police statement claims that Blake was aware that the victim, whom authorities did not name, was pregnant.

At this point, Blake reportedly returned to her car and continued to “wait for drive-thru service.”

I'm so confused on how one even jumps line at a drive-thru.
I went to a chicken place once where there was a decorative planter, separated from the restaurant, with the speaker and menu board in it. There was a traffic lane between the planter and the restaurant. The plan was to order at the speaker, wait until the traffic lane was clear, then drive up to the window if one could do so without blocking the traffic lane.

I placed my order then checked to see if the traffic lane was clear, only to observe a car turning left from the traffic lane into the drivethrough and approaching the window. The cashier sent the driver away without my meal, which was a good thing.

If I'd been on the window I might have told the other driver that the total was two hundred seventy-three dollars and eighty-nine cents then, when the other driver protested, point behind them at the next car and say that it must be their order then. I can be a stinker like that sometimes.

--Al

I suspect, especially at a popular restaurant like Chick, that it's one of those dual lines that merge together. Those normally work really well and here they take your name to avoid order confusion at the window.

If this pig punched a pregnant woman in the stomach she should be up for attempted murder charges.
Sure, and charge the pregnant woman too, because she jumped out of her car after being punched in the head through her car window. Instead of rolling up her window & making sure the door was locked, she was willing to fight.

I went to a chicken place once...
--Al
That sounds like a crazy set up. I've never seen anything like that. Most of the places around here, you have to drive all the way around the building to get in line.

@Satanica - we have some of those dual drive-ups too (though not at chick-fil-a), but they usually work pretty seamlessly. But I could see this happening in that kind of situation.

Back