• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
Let me know if there is a better place to post something like this :)

Enjoy...

The Charles Manson devotee whose claim to infamy is being the first woman ever to try to assassinate a U.S. president is now said to be living out her life as a “very friendly” neighbor while simultaneously trying to keep a low profile in a rural, upstate New York town.

Lynette “Squeaky” Fromme, who has settled down in Marcy, about 45 miles east of Syracuse, is living in a skull-decorated ramshackle home she shares with her boyfriend – a Manson-obsessed ex-con who killed his brother-in-law and is now working at a nearby correctional facility, according to a profile of Fromme published this week by the New York Post.

“They don’t get involved in drama,” one neighbor told the newspaper. “They’re not ones who are out [saying], ‘Oh, look who I am,’ bragging about their past.”

Another neighbor described Fromme as “very friendly” and said she is “usually with her neighbor, who also has a dog.”

Her boyfriend, 68-year-old Robert Valdner, reportedly pleaded guilty to manslaughter in 1988 in the shooting death of his brother-in-law. The New York Post says he started writing to Fromme in 1992, while they were both imprisoned, due to his admiration of Manson and that Valdner “keeps a baseball bat, which, as he made clear to two Post reporters who approached him, he’s not afraid to use.”

News of Fromme living in the area first emerged in 2009. A year later, an “Inside Edition” crew spotted her at a Walmart in Rome driving an SUV with a “Born Again Pagan” bumper sticker slapped on its back, Syracuse.com reported.

Born in 1948, Fromme showed interest in dance during her childhood and earned straight A’s and B’s at junior high school in Los Angeles. Yet by the age of 18, she was homeless, living in Venice Beach, according to the New York Post. That’s when she met Manson, a charismatic cult leader who used drugs and the force of his personality to control his followers, several of whom violently murdered actress Sharon Tate and six others during a horrific spree in the summer of 1969, cementing Manson's place in the ranks of America’s most notorious criminals.

Fromme was never charged in connection to those killings, but was described by prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi as the “main gal in the Family.”

“Once Manson left the ranch, if he was anywhere else, she was in charge,” he wrote in his 1974 book about the killings.

In a memoir that Fromme published last year, she wrote that Manson had sex with her and another member of the cult.

“He once asked us each to sit in a chair and watch him make love to the other,” Fromme wrote, according to the New York Post. “Beyond initial discomfort, I saw moving artwork and dance, tenderness and surrender.”

Fromme also was an avid follower of Manson’s trial, carving an “X” into her forehead, like him.

Years later, Fromme was living with two members of the Manson Family and two former convicts when everyone in the group – except Fromme – ended up being found guilty in the 1972 killing of a young couple.

Then in 1975, Fromme attempted to shoot President Gerald Ford with a Colt .45 outside the California State Capitol Park Building in Sacramento. She was only a few feet from Ford -- but the gun never went off.

In the trial for that case, she begged prosecutors to allow Manson to attend, and at times was a nuisance for the U.S. Marshals in charge of security in the courtroom, who – on certain days – had to carry Fromme in front of a judge as she refused to walk, the New York Post reported.

Fromme was sentenced to life in prison and had another 15 years added to her sentence after being caught following a prison escape in West Virginia in 1987.

In 2009, Fromme was granted parole at the age of 60. Manson, who she idolized, died of natural causes at a hospital in California in 2017.

full

https://www.foxnews.com/us/charles-...as-a-very-friendly-neighbor-in-rural-new-york

She looks like Rose Anne Barr ... or maybe Cyndi Lauper. I bet she is a fan of both.

I wonder if she hangs out here ... that would be funny if she was a bold member or something.

We share the streets with active criminals every day and we don't know who they are, or

where they live, so its hard to be alarmed about her when she is obviously on the radar.

**** She had to be carried into court because she wouldn't walk ... to0 cute !!!

Yuck. I guess Charles wasn't too shallow about looks... cause she isn't or wasn't good looking at all.

Yuck. I guess Charles wasn't too shallow about looks... cause she isn't or wasn't good looking at all.

While i know there are exceptions ... we see them here, but pretty much every woman is beautiful if you look at her right. And she doesn't look like an exception to me. She was probably hot for the era.

While i know there are exceptions ... we see them here, but pretty much every woman is beautiful if you look at her right. And she doesn't look like an exception to me. She was probably hot for the era.
And let's not forget the insane amount of drugs they all did :)

All the Manson girls were cute pixies. I used to obsess over a borrowed/never returned copy of Bugliosi's book, staring at all the black and white portraits of the Manson girls. How could such beautiful people do such horrible things?

Oh, and just to clarify where I stand on the Manson family: back in the early aughts, when Susan Atkins was up for some kind of medical parole because she had a brain tumor, I wrote the parole board/judge and reminded them that life in prison means life, even when the person in prison gets sick. Why have compassion for Sadie Mae Glutch when she had none for Sharon Tate and her baby?

Yeah, I've had a crush on her since I first saw pictures in the mid '70s. I thought she was cute a hell. My favorite picture:
1491592630764.jpeg

Yeah but that's a "I'm gonna kill you in your sleep" kinda stare.

she's scary as hell, if you ask me.

All the Manson girls were cute pixies. I used to obsess over a borrowed/never returned copy of Bugliosi's book, staring at all the black and white portraits of the Manson girls. How could such beautiful people do such horrible things?

Oh, and just to clarify where I stand on the Manson family: back in the early aughts, when Susan Atkins was up for some kind of medical parole because she had a brain tumor, I wrote the parole board/judge and reminded them that life in prison means life, even when the person in prison gets sick. Why have compassion for Sadie Mae Glutch when she had none for Sharon Tate and her baby?

IDK about all of the Manson girls being cute, Susan Atkins aka "Sadie Mae Glutz" was not IMO, worth a second glance.
I completely agree with you on her finishing her life in prison, as they have hospice settings for prisoners who're dying, and she received better care in her final days and hours than she gave to those she killed.

I was amazed at the time when Lynette Fromme was released, even a failed attempt to assassinate a POTUS should be an automatic LWOP term, IMO. The fact that her gun was unloaded may be the only reason she received a prison term short enough to allow her release.

Latest posts

Back