• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Edwina Gein

Pinko Satanist Snowflake
Channel Zero is a SyFy Original horror anthology. Each season is based on a creepypasta. The third is Butcher's Block, inspired by Search and Rescue Woods by Kerry Hammond; it follows Alice and her sister who move to The Worst Little City You've Never Heard Of to escape family trauma only to discover the strange goings-on in the run down part of town nicknamed Butcher's Block. Rutger Hauer stars, he is fantastic and probably the entire reason I decided to watch this season since the last was kind of a disappointment imo

Rutger Hauer!

I touched his butt once, back when he was younger and smokin' hot. I didn't wash my hand for a week.

It being on syfy pretty much ruins any and all hype i could otherwise muster up for this. That channel is auto-matic trash.

Hauer is a treasure though, damn shame he doesnt do more good stuff, damn shame. Odd too, great actor.

I've seen reviews saying that if this was on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, ANY streaming platform and not SyFy, it would be an instant horror hit and I have to agree. This is not like anything else they've made

Plus he has a great scene in the second episode, legit made me a little teary

Last edited:
I haven't started BB yet, but the last two seasons of Channel Zero have been a revelation. SyFy has been quietly and steadily putting out some brilliant stuff the last few years.

Maybe I'll go back and try to re-watch season 2. After this week's episode of Butcher's Block, I felt disappointed because I realized it was halfway over... but every season is 6 episodes. Why would BB be any different? Because I'm enjoying it?

Anyway the next season is rumored to be Hidden Door, based on the creepypasta I Found a Hidden Door in my Cellar. It's really short and to the point so there's plenty of room for them to fill it out

Back