• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
Ok, of course AFTER I do the podcast talking about upcoming site changes things would change. As I stated, I want to go back to vBulletin but there are some caveats with it -- both technically and financially.

But after looking at the latest Xenforo update I am wary to go to because it will immediately break all current plugins being used on the forums (until they are then updated if updates are available), I think we may try the Xenforo update first.

So tonight I am going to perform a full site backup and attempt the upgrade. If anything breaks I will simply restore it back. If the plugins break but the forums still load, I will work on getting them upgraded over time.

I'll keep everyone updated via our Facebook Group (not the page) and will be on our Discord server as I am upgrading (and watching Westworld). I'll probably kick things off (the backup) at around 5 or 6 pm Eastern and most likely close the forums at the same time so we don't lose any posts or comments.

If anyone wants to join the Discord server now so I can see if it is functioning correctly, please do so now while I am in it. :p

done! all signed up!

Thanks for the help. As I told Cubby, we will be using the Discord server a lot in the future... specifically during podcasts or just for the hell of it. Look at it as a chat room away from the shout box.

Back