• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
An Ardmore man was charged with aggravated child abuse on Tuesday after deputies responded to a residence and found a toddler with severe bruising on his back, buttocks and hand.
Chad Lynn Powers, 32, is in the Limestone County Jail on $500,000 bond, said Stephen Young, Limestone County Sheriff’s Office spokesman.

Young said deputies received a child abuse complaint Monday and responded to a residence on Beech Fork Lane, where they found a woman and her 2-year-old son.

The toddler was suffering injuries to his back, buttocks, and hand and was taken to Athens-Limestone Hospital for examination and treatment. He has since been released.

Young said investigators determined the injuries were inflicted by Powers, the woman’s boyfriend. They arrested Powers Tuesday.

Investigators with the Limestone County Sheriff’s Office say they found severe bruising on the little boy’s back, buttocks and hand.
They say Chad Powers, the live-in boyfriend of the toddler’s mother, is accused of using a board to beat the child.

Last edited:
Here is yet another boyfriend abusing a 2 year old. How many times are we going to read this sad and pathetic story?? Why do so many women put themselves into such a sorry state of living that they think they have to stick with a dick like this ugly one rather than do what nature's first instinct tells us to do, which is to put our children's safety and other needs first and foremost??

I took the difficult road myself. I kicked my now ex-husband and kids' father out of the house after his verbal and emotional abuse began to escalate -- and he has harassed us, bullied us and broke into our home many times ever since. Yes, I have had to get the police involved many times. This path has not been the easy way.

We are having to watch every penny. But I do not regret kicking his ass to the curb for the sake of the sanity, the safety and the sense of normalcy that my kids have in their lives almost all the time these days (until he reappears again). I owe them the best chance they can have at a peaceful childhood and teenage hood: I have worked really hard to provide their days with routines, meals, homework help, a clean house, they can have friends over whenever they want to, they don't have to be afraid to come home anymore, and more. I am not trying to say I am perfect or any of our days are perfect at all. If I can do it so can almost anybody else!!

If the mother wasn't the one that reported it, she should be arrested as well. Because there is no way she didn't know.
Agreed-I mistakenly assumed it was the mother who called, but if she had called you wouldn’t think the police would have had to determine the injuries were caused by boyfriend bc she would have told them that when she called.
Also made me sad thinking about his poor tiny precious swollen hands which I’m sure he was using to try and protect his little backside. Waaah!

Ok, I've been in an abusive relationship before-let it go on longer than the two seconds it should have-but there's no way in hell I'd let some piece of shit hurt my kids if I had any.

Back