• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A New Brunswick man was sentenced to three years in prison at the Saint John provincial court on Monday after pleading guilty to the aggravated assault of his girlfriend’s young child in December.

Carson Bennett, 20, was accused of assaulting the child in five separate incidents, including suffocating the child to the point of unconsciousness before performing CPR to resuscitate her, pouring water on her face and stuffing the infant in a duffel bag, which broke her femur.

Joanna Park spoke on behalf of the Crown and asked for a minimum sentence of three years, citing several aggravating factors, including Bennett’s position of trust and power, the number of alleged incidents of assault and the endangerment of the life of the child.

Park also referred to a victim impact statement submitted by the child’s grandparents, who are now raising her. They wrote that the child still cries out “no, no, no” in her sleep and is still afraid of the bathtub as a result of the alleged assault.

The defence asked Judge Andrew Palmer to consider giving time served, which counts as about 18 months, arguing that Bennett’s difficult upbringing and drug addiction should be considered as mitigating factors.

Palmer said that the aggravating factors are “significant” and referred to photos of the child admitted as evidence in his remarks. “There are bruises that are fresh, there are bruises that are old, there are bruises all over that child’s body,” he said.

Palmer acknowledged that Bennett has substance abuse issues and said the man was in over his head trying to care for a child.

The report also detailed Bennett’s history of mental illness and anger issues, stating that Bennett “has struggled with anger and depression” throughout his life.
Bennett’s sentence includes three years of probation. He is barred from making contact with the child or her family and is required to stay clean.
https://globalnews.ca/news/4823772/...08dDvosUDcphh_e_aWWheNHmNZzO630mJ8o7eghf8mH3I

I wish someone would let these dumb dicks know they don't have to date women with children and they can say no to babysitting most of these useless mothers would still spread it open for them anyway.

What really pisses me off is that the child now has a fear of being bathed which could lead to teasing and bullying in the future.

I hope the parents are strong enough and help the little girl through what is going to be a long road of recovery.

Three years! what a joke Dude looks pretty soft, it's hopefully going to be a very long three years...he's likely to be very popular in prison.

full

I'd like to choke him unconcious, bring him back, slap the fuck out of him and choke him out again. Repeat until he's too broken to be brought back.

Why why why do women leave their vulnerable littles with men they know to be substance abusing assholes??

I ask this every time. And no reason I can ever come up with is acceptable.

Why why why do women leave their vulnerable littles with men they know to be substance abusing assholes??

I ask this every time. And no reason I can ever come up with is acceptable.

Because they're also substance abusing ... ??? Kids would be such a buzz kill. Fuck that !!!

The next child he is able to get his hands on is going to be in serious trouble.

He should have been ordered to stay away from all children under the age of 18 for the duration of his probation.

I wonder if the mom has chosen to stay with the abusive prick and that is why the child is with the grands.

Palmer acknowledged that Bennett has substance abuse issues and said the man was in over his head trying to care for a child.

The report also detailed Bennett’s history of mental illness and anger issues, stating that Bennett “has struggled with anger and depression” throughout his life.

I've had substance abuse issues, I'd be in over my head looking after a child, I've suffered severe depression through my entire life to the point where I have actually been locked up for it and I have struggled with my anger. When I went on trial for drug distribution, I specifically told my lawyer NOT to bring up any of that shit, because I knew that I was guilty, that my choices were my own. I've been through worse than this asshole and I could never, ever harm a child. Fuck him and fuck his legal representation adding just a little bit more of stigma to to the term 'mentally ill'.

Latest posts

Back