• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Florida man with Down syndrome died in a hot car after his caretaker ingested the herbal supplement kratom, overdosed and fell asleep, authorities said.

Joshua Russell, 26, was arrested Friday and charged with one count of aggravated manslaughter of a disabled adult in the May 9 death of John LaPointe in Seminole, Florida.

“Let’s call it what it is this poor guy baked in that car,” Sheriff Bob Gualtieri said, according to Fox 13 Tampa.

The temperature in the vehicle reached 125 degrees, Gualtieri said.

He said LaPointe was non-verbal, unable to care for himself and had the cognitive ability of a 1-year-old.

A news release from the sheriff said that on the day LaPointe died, Russell was tasked with taking him to a doctor’s appointment in the group home’s van.

After the doctor visit, Russell stopped at his house for the kratom, authorities said.

Back in the van, Russell got sick. He then went back to his house, parked in the driveway and dozed off in the driver’s seat with LaPointe still seat-belted in the back seat, according to the news release.

More than two hours later Russell woke up, covered in sweat, the news release said.

“Russell notice LaPointe was slumped over and unresponsive,” it said.
1569090756432.png

Kratom comes from a plant native to Southeast Asia and is sold in capsules and powders with claims that it helps ease pain, anxiety and drug dependence, The Associated Press reported. Officials say it produces an opioid-like high with the potential for addiction and abuse.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have taken this. It would take a shit ton to OD on this or he had to mix it. I can see getting sleepy definitely. It has no “high” to it and it does not have the kick of any opioid I have taken. The risk of addiction I think more is in the mind and not so much in the item .. I had no cravings - withdraws etc .. it was an option to explore for me to not take Tylenol Motrin etc.. and not be stuck on opioids. This guy was more than likely partaking in much more than Kratom.. alcohol with it would make you sick and pass out

I take this sometimes for an old car accident pain and it's very weak. Also, he didn't overdose. He got stoned and bodded off. An iverdose is a medical emergency requiring medical intervention. That said, dude us a piece of shit and I hope they string him up by the gebitals in prison.

I take this sometimes for an old car accident pain and it's very weak. Also, he didn't overdose. He got stoned and bodded off. An iverdose is a medical emergency requiring medical intervention. That said, dude us a piece of shit and I hope they string him up by the gebitals in prison.
He must have some KILLER kratom .. I have never managed to get stoned and I took it for old breaks and fibromyalgia. A lot of kratom is cut.. depends on where he bought it. People were popping on drug test because that stuff is not FDA sanctioned.

It’s because of the titles Americans give things....
caretaker takes lives
Caregiver gives care (so long as you pay your insurance)
Correctional facilities I’ve no idea how they think they’re correcting behaviour. ...facilities makes it sound like a holiday camp.....
I’m a big believer in the power of words on the subconscious mind.......

Poor lad. This bloke should have taken him straight back to the group home. There was absolutely no need at all for the carer to take him anywhere but there.

This should be a murder case from the get go. He premeditated it by choosing to go home and deciding to stay in the vehicle despite the risk of his charge being so great...:

Why was there only one person with this young man? He had a cognitive age of 1 so surely a minimum of two careers would be needed at a given time?????

Come on dude. That’s like making fun of a baby for being left behind in a car and dying. Make fun of the idiot who got high during work.
Sure, they both got baked in separate ways. Guys, if this upsets you, don't come on this site. If you can't find the dark humor in someone unable to open a door to save themselves, then stick to Sesame Street.

Wow. I think that this is going to be the first serious comment that I have ever left on here. Her it goes- This is fake news. It's actually funny to say that because I first read this article on FOX news website. Yes, I am a deplorable. I'm one of those crazy people who uses facts and logic when I think. I don't live in a fantasy world and think that anyone who disagrees with me is a horrible, racist, homophobic white supremacist. And if you have a dick, you are male and cannot go into the same restroom as my daughter you fucked up piece of......wait, oh yeah, kratom. Sorry bout that. It is articles like this by ignorant horrible reporters that give kratom a bad name. Kratom is a miracle plant. It is the only thing that I have ever taken that has helped with multiple issues at the same time. It helped me get off of Oxycontin and it definitely helps with anxiety and all around mood. It is impossible to OD on kratom. It is impossible to even get high on kratom. Trust me, I have tried. All that will happen is you will get dizzy and throw it all up. It doesn't affect your judgement or make you feel intoxicated at all. I have never taken a little too much kratom and come to the next morning in bed with someone that looks like Rosie O Donnell, except uglier. And then had to look for my car and figure out why I have no money left. It is a joke that the DEA tried to make it a schedule 1 drug. They didn't realize how many people would fight to keep it legal. Of course the DEA is in pocket. The pharmaceutical companies have patents on the alkaloids that are the active part of the plant and are the reason that the DEA tried what they did, in addition to the ridiculous "kratom related deaths" In every single case the person that died had alcohol, and/or other drugs in their system. Also, there was only 13 cases that they cited as the reason to ban it. Fuck, even if they all really did die from just kratom, that would still be such a small number. I live in Vancouver ,WA wich is basically a suburb of Portland,OR ,and I would not be surprised if that many people have overdosed just here since I started making this long ass fucking comment. Fuck.

Back