• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
27-year-old Elizabeth Candice Laird, or "Candy" to loved ones, was weeks away from graduating with a degree to become a surgical tech. According to her mother, she had dreams of becoming a nurse.

Wednesday, Laird's body was found in a dumpster on Detroit's east side. Three days later, Detroit police arrested her suspected killer, James Cockerham.

“She didn’t deserve this," Laird's mother Diana Cann told 7 Action News.

Police don't believe Laird knew Cockerham. According to investigators, Cockerham first attacked her in the elevator at the Parkview Apartments.

Laird's family said she was there visiting her boyfriend. It's unclear how Cockerham gained access to the building, which is gated.

"My daughter was bright. She was intelligent. She always wanted to be someone special in life," Cann said.

Cockerham had previously served time for rape.

What a horror story.
By all accounts she had a future, a plan, was beautiful and well loved.
Don't tell me this animal should not die.

If he had been kept locked up after his first rape this woman would still be breathing.
Dead criminals do not reoffend.

Her beauty was breathtaking. This trash that takes lives because they are useless, worthless individuals are a great argument for abortions & I'm 100% against abortion.

February 21, 2020
A Detroit man was found guilty Friday in connection with a woman’s body that was discovered in a dumpster last year.

Officials say James Quill Cockerham dumped Elizabeth Candice-Nicole Laird’s body near Parkview Tower off of East Lafayette Boulevard on May 15, 2019.

Police said Laird was last seen in an elevator with Cockerham a day before her body was found.

He was found guilty of first-degree murder, torture and unlawful imprisonment.

Last edited:
Back