• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Marv

Trusted Member
Britons are at the centre of an international animal rights protest after a dog was thrown into a hotel machine used for crushing rubbish and later died.

Staff at the hotel in Cyprus had apparently tried to dispose of the stray poodle in a large recycling bin fitted with an electrically-operated crushing mechanism.

The seven-month-old puppy was found by holidaymakers lying at the bottom of the bin still alive, but having suffered horrific injuries.

Appalled tourists called a local vet to the scene but the dog, dubbed Billy, died within days.
[...]

Mr Alkiviades said Billy had a broken back and other broken bones and was unable to breathe. Vets later realised he had brain damage.
[...]

Another woman said the local reaction to Billy’s death had been so fierce that she feared there would be riots.
[...]

Nicos Anastasiades, the president of Cyprus, condemned Billy’s death and described the incident as ‘a disgrace for society and our country’.
[...]

Tsokkos Hotels said: ‘Hotel management received complaints from customers about the fact that a sick stray puppy wandered around. The hotel manager immediately gave instructions to two employees to take the puppy to a local shelter to obtain appropriate care.

‘Unfortunately, the employees did not follow the instructions and proceeded to an inhuman act, unacceptable and condemnable by Tsokkos Hotels.

'As soon as Tsokkos Hotels became aware of the incident, the puppy was transferred to a veterinary clinic to receive all necessary treatment.’

1405193127963_wps_2_Internet_grab_for_Liz_Fac.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tray-seven-month-old-puppy-waste-crusher.html

The petition:

http://www.change.org/petitions/pup...-machine-on-orders-of-hotel-manager-in-cyprus

Hmmm well these Employees deserve a tour of the inside of a fully operating wood chipper....
This breaks my heart! Such an unnecessary act of cruelty!

One of the most atrocious acts I have heard of. Believe me, I have seen a lot of cruelty to animals and this really rates up around #4

I really do doubt the hotel managers story. I have a hunch he instructed these 2 to do it and is now trying to save his own ass.
I think his story really needs to be looked into.

(I'm pretty geographically illiterate, Where exactly is Cypress?)

Poor little guy. Is it really that complicated to call animal control? Why did the manager give her employees, on the clock, instructions to leave the property and take the dog themselves? There are so many things wrong with that... I think she instructed them to get rid of the dog. And they did just that.

Some kid would have been thrilled to have that dog as a pet and companion and these ass-hats decided to put the poor animal into a trash compactor. Just when I think humans can't sink any lower, some fucker has to break out a back hoe and prove me wrong.

This story broke my heart :(

The poor puppy was probably coming around the hotel to try to get food and help because he was sick and hungry. None of the guests tried to get the poor little guy help, they just complained about him to the manager.

Back