• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Rockin Ma

Chauffer specializing in geriatric transport
This is my son's bestest game ever. I have a question for anyone who knows, he says he has to block people often that get really mad that he "quick scopes" but he is proud of being so good at it. So what's the deal? Is it bad he is good at doing that so well? Or, is it considered cheating? I guess when you zoom in the cross hairs are off center, but he can remedy that quickly and make the kill.

Quickscoping became really popular in Modern Warfare 2 and it was something that was quite easy to do. However, it was the community's biggest complaint as it now gave the one shot, one kill sniper rifle the edge in the game by not only being such a long range weapon, but a close range one as well.

When Black Ops was being made, they polled the community and a lot of the feedback was to nix quickscoping in black ops to keep the game balanced. Developers decided to make it as difficult as possible to try to deter away from the use of it and it worked. I used to have at least 2-3 quickscopers in every game I played on MW2. Playing daily since November, I've only had a handful of games where someone was successfully quickscoping in Black Ops.

When the game first came out, I spent a decent amount of time with a friend in a private match trying to quickscope, and we couldn't do it. So I would honestly be proud that he is so good at it and see the negativity he gets about it as frustration from those who just have too much difficulty doing it. I get a lot of hate mail on there as well and I don't even snipe, people like to bitch about anything you do if you are doing it well.

Thanks. I don't know much about it, because I lose interest before I can be comfortable with the controls. I just can't get all the buttons quick enough to keep me interested. I let him get a headset, and for the most part he has "clans" with his friends, kids from school, but there's also a lot of adults that play and I guess the hate to him gets pretty intense. He don't care, he said he just blocks them and that it don't bother him because all the adults are "ragers". I just wanted to make sure he wasn't cheating and that's why he was getting people upset.

People are really brave behind a microphone. While some may consider it cheap, it's not cheating at all, so no need to worry about that. Props to him for being able to do it, I say!

Does he play on Xbox? He can block communication via text and voice from people who aren't on his friends list so he doesn't have to worry about them. I don't know if there is a feature on PS3 for it, but I could check if he has one.

Back