• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
This couple is more a shitstain on the rural Georgia than I originally believed, which is a pretty hard thing to do. In August, they were called in for busting out the windows of their rented trailer and a week after the baby was born the skank-bitch abandon their kids with a cousin. Her parents took exception with that.
https://www.covnews.com/news/crime/breaking-ncso-investigating-missing-baby/

UPDATE (Oct. 14, 8 a.m.): The Covington News obtained transcripts of two 911 calls reported from Lot 31 of the Eagle Point Mobile Home Park prior to the Oct. 7 incident.

According to the transcripts, 911 calls were made on Aug. 22 and Oct. 3. Crystal Marks, of Covington-Newton 911 Center, said she was unsure of when the McNabb family started living at the address, but it does not appear to be earlier than 2017.

According to the Aug. 22 transcript, another resident of the mobile home park called to report the tenants of Lot 31 were "busting windows out of the home."

911 Audio - Aug. 22
Aug. 22, 2017 911 call report
According to the Oct. 3 transcript, the complainant's parents picked up both her two-year-old daughter and newborn without her permission. She was able to get her two-year-old out of the vehicle, but the newborn had left the scene with her parents. The report does not state the name of the complainant.

911 Audio - Oct. 3 Cortney Bell call
Oct. 3, 2017 911 Call Report
The News removed the contact information from the audio files.

UPDATE (Oct. 13, 9:30 p.m.): A family member of Caliyah C. McNabb has asked The Covington News to advise community members that the funeral for Caliyah has already happened. Any GoFundMe campaigns set up to fund funeral expenses are a not connected with the family.

[...]

UPDATE (Oct. 12, 8:25 a.m.): Christopher Michael McNabb appeared in front of Judge Melanie Bell for his first appearance in the Newton County Jail this morning. In the hearing, he was denied bond and refused a public defender.

4889A25B00000578-5307709-Bell_has_been_charged_with_second_degree_murder_cruelty_to_child-a-1_1516807692895.jpg

Cortney "What kind of mother would I be if I didn't leave my toddler and week old baby with my cousin for a day or two while my man and I were doing some ice?" Bell

Men touch their junk a lot to make sure it’s still there. After all, their first experience with it is someone cutting off the foreskin.

Also notice in the 911 call she said that they woke up together? She said it twice. Probably trying to give him an alibi.

The parents accused of murder in the October death of 15-day-old Caliyah C. McNabb will be tried together after Alcovy Judicial Circuit Chief Judge John M. Ott approved the motion to join the trials filed by the state in court Thursday.

Christopher Michael McNabb is charged with eight counts including malice murder, two counts felony murder, murder in the second-degree and aggravated battery, cruelty to children in the first-degree, cruelty to children in the second-degree and concealing death of another.

Cortney Marie Bell is charged with murder in the second degree, cruelty to children and contributing to the deprivation of a minor.

District Attorney Layla Zon argued the cases should be joined because there is no conflict between the defendants and neither suspect has implicated the other.

Zon said through multiple investigative interviews, nether Bell nor McNabb have claimed to have information about the other as it relates to the death of their daughter.
https://www.covnews.com/news/crime/accused-killer-parents-face-trial-together/

@Satanica
Jurors won’t hear about the prior arrests of a Newton County couple accused of killing their 2-week-old daughter during their trial next week, prosecuting and defense attorneys agreed Tuesday. The state will, however, present evidence of the couple’s drug use and violent incidents in the days before and after the baby’s birth.

“Violence is endemic to that trailer,” Chief Judge John M. Ott said in siding with District Attorney Layla Zon. Defense attorneys argued unsuccessfully to keep details of the couple’s volatile relationship from coming up during the trial.

Caliyah McNabb was born Sept. 23, 2017 and lived only 14 days. Jury selection is scheduled to begin Monday for her parents, Christopher Michael McNabb and Cortney Marie Bell. McNabb told investigators that he struck Bell and shoved her while she was pregnant with Caliyah, their second child together, Zon said.

Cortney Bell, the mother accused alongside father Christopher McNabb of murdering their 2-week-old daughter, told police that when she heard the child was found the father “started acting crazy” even though she didn’t tell him about the infant’s condition.

“I’m like, how do you know she’s not still alive?” Bell told investigators.

The trial against the two entered its fourth day Friday morning. The jury is reviewing Bell’s interview with detectives at the Newton County Sheriff’s Department. It reviewed McNabb’s interview Thursday.

Two other women who were with the couple when they found out the child was found -- Bell’s mother Pamela Hamby and an acquaintance, Lauren Mackey -- testified that McNabb frantically left the car they were in when they heard the news.

Portions of the transcripts from a police interview with Bell, conducted after Caliyah was found dead, show her reaction as well.

“I think he just kept saying, ‘They’re going to think I done this, I’ve got to go, I’ve got to go get out at Marathon, stop at Marathon,” Bell said.

“Did you ask him if he did do it?” she was asked.

“No. I was scared of his answer,” Bell said. “And I just – I wanted him to get out. I didn’t want him beside me no more. I didn’t want – I don’t know.”

CRIME

'I was scared of his answer': Mother says she didn't want to ask father if he killed their 2-week-old daughter

Cortney Bell and Christopher McNabb are accused of murder in their 2-week-old daughter Caliyah. Their trial entered its fourth day Friday.

Author: Jon Shirek, Jonathan Raymond

Published: 10:50 AM EDT May 10, 2019

Updated: 2:09 AM EDT May 11, 2019

COVINGTON, Ga. — Cortney Bell, the mother accused alongside father Christopher McNabb of murdering their 2-week-old daughter, told police that when she heard the child was found the father “started acting crazy” even though she didn’t tell him about the infant’s condition.
“I’m like, how do you know she’s not still alive?” Bell told investigators.

The trial against the two entered its fourth day Friday morning. The jury is reviewing Bell’s interview with detectives at the Newton County Sheriff’s Department. It reviewed McNabb’s interview Thursday.

The couple’s 2-week-old daughter, Caliyah, was found dead not far from their home in Oct. 2017.
Two other women who were with the couple when they found out the child was found -- Bell’s mother Pamela Hamby and an acquaintance, Lauren Mackey -- testified that McNabb frantically left the car they were in when they heard the news.
Portions of the transcripts from a police interview with Bell, conducted after Caliyah was found dead, show her reaction as well.
“I think he just kept saying, ‘They’re going to think I done this, I’ve got to go, I’ve got to go get out at Marathon, stop at Marathon,” Bell said.
“Did you ask him if he did do it?” she was asked.
“No. I was scared of his answer,” Bell said. “And I just – I wanted him to get out. I didn’t want him beside me no more. I didn’t want – I don’t know.”

She said she was beaten frequently by McNabb, with whom she also has a 2-year-old daughter, Clarissa.

“I lied to y'all yesterday when I said he hadn't hit me,” Bell told investigators. “I have bruises on my back and my sides. I have had bruises everywhere, all over my arms and legs. I still do.”

“When did he hit you?” she was asked.

She maintained, however, that she “never thought he’d hurt the baby” because “he was good” with the children.”

“He hits me all the time.”

Transcripts from the interviews shown to the court Thursday revealed that when the two were alone in the interrogation room the day the girl went missing, McNabb spoke of Caliyah in the past tense, even though she had not yet been found dead.

McNabb: “I loved – I love her. She was my baby."

Bell: “Calm down. Why did you just do that?”

McNabb: “Do what?”

Bell: “Why did you just do that?”

McNabb: “Why did I just do what?”

Bell: “You just said loved.”

McNabb: “I don’t know, Cortney. Where is she? You think I had something to do with this s---?”

Bell: “In my heart, no. I just hope you haven’t. My heart tells me no.”

In her later interview, after Caliyah was found dead, Bell pleaded with investigators to figure out what happened.

"Thank you. Thank y'all for finding my baby. I'm juust - I'm sorry that it was this way. Please find out what happened to her," she said. "I have to know what happened."

Murder suspect Cortney Marie Bell was raised by her father and grandparents. She didn’t even know who her mother was until she was 12 or 13. As an adult, Bell didn’t want to be a mother herself, she later told police.

Everything changed when she met Christopher Michael McNabb and delivered the couple’s first daughter, Clarissa. Two years later, Bell was pregnant again with a second girl.

But it was no fairy-tale romance. Bell and McNabb are on trial, accused of killing the 2-week-old baby, Caliyah.

During the first five days of their trial in a Newton County courtroom, jurors heard horrific details of Caliyah’s death and learned that violence and drugs were constant in the couple’s relationship. The trial resumed this morning. But after three witnesses testified, McNabb’s defense attorney, Anthony Carter, asked the judge to declare a mistrial, stating that the two should be tried separately to avoid incriminating the other.

“He’s completely sabotaging Mr. McNabb’s case,” Carter said of Bell’s defense attorney, Bryan Frost. “It was a mistake to join these trials.”

The judge denied the motion and the trial continued. Prosecutors concluded their case just before 12:30 p.m. Defense attorneys announced neither McNabb nor Bell will take the stand.

Little Caliyah, weighing just 5 pounds, was the apparent victim of her parents’ lifestyle, prosecutors argued.

@Satanica @Nell
A Newton County couple will be going to prison for the murder of their newborn daughter.

It took a jury only over an hour to find Christopher McNabb and Courtney Bell guilty on all counts for the murder of 2-week-old Caliyah.

Channel 2's Tom Regan was in the courtroom when the verdict was announced. The judge sentenced McNabb to life in prison without parole and Bell to 30 years with 15 years served.

McNabb and Bell both received 10 years to serve consecutively or after for concealing the newborn's death

Before the sentencing, the convicted father squared off with the judge, who asked McNabb what the sentence should be.

"I'm innocent. I didn't do it, I've maintained that the whole time," McNabb said. "If you ever find out who did it, they deserve to be under the jail."

Bell also told the judge she was innocent and broke down into tears during her conversation with the judge.

"It's a sickness, but I tried to be a good mother. I love my babies," she said.

Last edited:
I imagine the seargent died inside
Newton County Sgt. Timothy Dickerson was the officer who would come over to the bag. Using his index finger and thumb on each hand, he carefully opened it to see what was inside.

“I could see clothing objects inside of it and when I was doing so, I kind of pulled on it and I could tell it had some weight to it,” he described.

Dickerson testified the bag could have possibly contained the body of 15-day-old Caliyah McNabb.

So, this morning as I was driving into work the fucktard Christopher McNabb popped into my head. Everything about this sorry county turd just disgusts me, from his neck and face tatts, to his FB post talking like a inner city gangbanger. I knew he was sentenced to Life a few months ago, but I decided to see where he was sent to and maybe dig up some new stuff I didn't know before.

Prior to murdering his child in 2017, shitbag's previous criminal record is quite extensive. From 2007 to 2015, he was sentenced to 10 years 16 times for individual crimes and 8 times for 15 years. Of course, many of crimes were served concurrently and during 3 separate periods, from 2008-2011 (3.5 years), 2013 (2 months), and 2015-2016 (14 months).

(edit) I found a decent articel about criminal past and days after Chris killed his child.

Here's his prison record:
STATE OF GEORGIA - CURRENT SENTENCES
CASE NO: 862258
OFFENSE: CONCEAL DEATH OF ANOTHER
CONVICTION COUNTY: NEWTON COUNTY
CRIME COMMIT DATE: 10/07/2017
SENTENCE LENGTH: 10 YEARS, 0 MONTHS, 0 DAYS

OFFENSE: MURDER
CONVICTION COUNTY: NEWTON COUNTY
CRIME COMMIT DATE: 10/07/2017
SENTENCE LENGTH: NOT AVAILABLE

OFFENSE: BURG BEF 7/1/12
CONVICTION COUNTY: BARTOW COUNTY
CRIME COMMIT DATE: 07/01/2007
SENTENCE LENGTH: 15 YEARS, 0 MONTHS, 0 DAYS

CRIME COMMIT DATE: 06/30/2007

OFFENSE: THEFT BY TAKING

CRIME COMMIT DATE: 06/27/2007

OFFENSE: CRMNL DAMAGE 2ND DEGREE

CRIME COMMIT DATE: 06/18/2007

CRIME COMMIT DATE: 06/07/2007

OFFENSE: ENTERING VEHICLE

STATE OF GEORGIA - PRIOR SENTENCES
CASE NO: 807967
OFFENSE: misc misdemeanor
CONVICTION COUNTY: FAYETTE COUNTY
CRIME COMMIT DATE: 08/02/2011
SENTENCE LENGTH: 0 YEARS, 12 MONTHS, 0 DAYS

OFFENSE: OBSTR OF LAW ENF OFFICER
SENTENCE LENGTH: 5 YEARS, 0 MONTHS, 0 DAYS

CASE NO: 768708
CONVICTION COUNTY: COWETA COUNTY
CRIME COMMIT DATE: 08/01/2011
SENTENCE LENGTH: 5 YEARS, 0 MONTHS, 0 DAYS

CASE NO: 648995
CRIME COMMIT DATE: 07/01/2007

OFFENSE: ENTERING VEHICLE

STATE OF GEORGIA - INCARCERATION HISTORY
INCARCERATION BEGIN:
12/13/2018
INCARCERATION END: ACTIVE
INCARCERATION BEGIN: 07/09/2015
INCARCERATION END: 09/02/2016
INCARCERATION BEGIN: 04/03/2013
INCARCERATION END: 06/30/2013
INCARCERATION BEGIN: 01/24/2008
INCARCERATION END: 06/30/2011
Here's the fucker's latest prison photo
1572378532050.png

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION
YOB:
RACE: WHITE
HEIGHT: 5'10''
WEIGHT: 150
EYE COLOR: BROWN
HAIR COLOR: BROWN

SCARS, MARKS, TATTOOS

INCARCERATION DETAILS
MAJOR OFFENSE:
MURDER
MOST RECENT INSTITUTION: HAYS STATE PRISON
MAX POSSIBLE RELEASE DATE: LIFE, W/O PAROLE

Important Release Information
ACTUAL RELEASE DATE: CURRENTLY SERVING
CURRENT STATUS: ACTIVE

If you're interested in seeing his criminal trial, 11Alive-TV has an extensive coverage of it on Youtube. Over 60 videos that has police interviews, the trial proceedings, sentencing, and even a "Where Are They Now" segment.

Last edited:
The Newton County parents convicted of murder says there is no evidence they killed their 2-week-old daughter.

Both Christopher Michael McNabb and Cortney Marie Bell have filed motions for new trials, according to documents filed in Newton Superior Clerk. Both were convicted of killing baby Caliyah in May 2019.
In his motion filed Monday McNabb says “there was no physical or direct evidence produced that demonstrated that Mr. McNabb caused the child’s death. Nor was the State able to demonstrate what actually caused the child’s severe injuries,” McNabb’s motion states. “The thrust of the State’s case was that Mr. McNabb was a bad man that lived in a bad environment.”

McNabb also claimed his prior attorney was ineffective during the trial.
n her motion for a new trial, filed in late January, Bell also says prosecutors did not prove she was responsible for Caliyah’s death.

“The State did not prove that Ms. Bell caused Caliyah’s death, at best they attempted at trial to prove that she contributed to the circumstances that led to Caliyah’s death,” her motion states.

A jury deliberated about an hour before convicting both McNabb and Bell following a joint trial. McNabb was sentenced to life in prison without parole, Bell to 30 years with 15 to serve.

But both parents were adamant they weren’t responsible for Caliyah’s death.

1645301669763.png

A state appeals court has tossed the murder conviction of a woman found guilty of killing her newborn daughter.

Cortney Bell and Christopher Michael McNabb were found guilty of the death of 15-day-old Caliyah in a 2019 trial in Newton County Superior Court.

The child died two years earlier after going missing from a trailer park near Covington.

After a trial, Chief Judge John M. Ott sentenced Bell to 30 years with 15 to be served in prison on her convictions of second-degree murder, second-degree cruelty to children and contributing to the deprivation of a minor.

McNabb received a sentence of life without the chance of parole, plus 10 years, after conviction on eight counts including murder.

Bell appealed her conviction asserting insufficient evidence to support the verdicts. The state Court of Appeals agreed in a ruling issued Friday.

The court vacated the murder and child cruelty verdicts but sustained the deprivation conviction.

Bell was arrested Jan. 7, 2018, about three months after Caliyah’s death and after McNabb had been charged with murder. She maintained her innocence.

Although the Superior Court denied Bell’s request for a new trial, the appeals court agreed with her argument that the evidence did not show sufficient evidence she had anything to do with the trauma that killed Caliyah, and therefore she did not engage in conduct that rose to the level of cruelty to children in the second degree.

But the Court of Appeals did agree Bell’s conduct in the days leading up to Caliyah’s death warranted the conviction of contributing to the dependency of a minor. Bell failed to use proper care by using drugs and having the child in the presence of McNabb, who had used methamphetamine daily.

Monroe attorney Eric Crawford represented Bell on her appeal. He said he anticipates Bell’s case will be placed on the Newton County Superior Court calendar for resentencing, unless the state appeals the Friday ruling to the state Supreme Court.

In a statement to his office’s Facebook page Friday, District Attorney Randy McGinley said he would review the court ruling and make a decision on whether to appeal, but noted the count that stands still carries a prison sentence of up to 10 years.

“Either side, including the state, may appeal the ruling to the Supreme Court,” McGinley said. “If neither side does, then Bell will be resentenced to the offense that was affirmed.

“Any decision on whether to appeal to the Supreme Court of Georgia will be made after a thorough review of today’s opinion by the Court of Appeals.”

Bell is serving her sentence at the Emanuel Women’s Facility in Swainsboro, to be released no later than Jan. 5, 2033.
1645301881585.png

Christopher McNabb will remain in prison after the Supreme Court of Georgia upheld his conviction.
During the trial, prosecutors said McNabb and Bell were using methamphetamine and in a violent relationship when they killed their daughter.

McNabb has since filed a motion for a new trial on the basis that prosecutors didn’t have enough evidence to convict him. He also said his attorneys did not do enough to object to evidence of his drug use, physical abuse and that Bell, the mother of his child, was his first cousin, according to the Newton County District Attorney’s Office
The Ga. Supreme Court found that was not the case and upheld McNabb’s conviction.

Following the trial, McNabb was sentenced to life in prison without parole for the murder and an additional 10 years for concealing the newborn’s death.

McNabb will continue serving his life sentence.

I have no sympathy for this woman who wanted to go get meth instead of going to her child when they were found.

I hope this woman has a miserable and tortured life until she dies.

Caliyah's deciduous teeth {baby teeth) broke through her gums during her assault :(

Listening to the autopsy report (26:43 mark) makes your heart hurt for what poor Caliyah went through.

1667400772883.png

Hey there, my name is Cortney Bell. I’m 29 years old, 5’5” and 180 lbs., with long hair down to my waist and beautiful blue eyes. I’m a down-to-earth, lovable, spur-of-the moment type of woman who’s also open to all genders and enjoys surprises to keep things on the edge.
I’ve been in prison for 5 years now but was recently granted an appeal so I’m hopeful I’ll be given an earlier release date soon so I can return home and start living my life again but with more intention.
In the meantime, I’m in search of that special someone who’d like to become a friend and companion to me while I finish out these trying times and hopefully we can bring each other some happiness and excitement along the way. I’m definitely in search of comfort and understanding from someone compassionate enough toward my situation and eager to pursue the possibilities of the future that’s ahead but not yet known.
If you’re interested in getting to know me better, please contact me directly by email through the JPay app (preferable) or by regular mail.

Last edited:
Back